I stayed at the Coronado Beach Resort for several reason:
1) Much cheaper hotel rate about 50% less than Hotel Del Coronado
2) Free wifi with free use of computer in lobby.
3) Small but servicable gym with treadmill and stationary bike
4) Great for the business traveller who needs to save money and go the Hotel Del for meeting; right across the street.
5) Basically a time share with rooms to rent during off season: so frig, small stove, DVD player and stereo system provided.
6) Parking included in the resort fee, which itself is very reasonable $15 a night.
1) Rooms somewhat dark, needs more lighting
2) I stayed in a studio, which required a Murphy bed (a first for me)
3) No restaurants, but hotel provides discounts for nearby restaurants.