“So Cozy =]” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Coronado
Oceanside, California
“So Cozy =]”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I recently stayed overnight at the Coronado Beach Resort and I was more then pleased with the friendly staff and great service I received. I have never felt the need to write a review on a hotel before, but after such a pleasant experience at this beach resort I felt it was the least I could do. This trip was for leisure and to just enjoy a relaxing night on the beautiful Coronado Island. The staff was very welcoming and we were greeted as soon as we walked into the lobby. After checking in they handed us a paper with nearby restaurants (some which included a percentage off for staying at the hotel.) When we got up to our room we were very happy to see how clean it was. The room was stocked full with towels, which is a big deal for me. Long story short, I had nothing but a positive experience and would highly recommend the Coronado Beach Resort to anyone and everyone!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Amanda D, General Manager at Coronado Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Hi Jessica,
Thank you for taking the time to review Coronado Beach Resort. We're thrilled to hear that you are pleased with your accommodations and that our staff was very attentive throughout your stay. We hope you come back soon for another great visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Irvine, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We were greeted by a very friendly and efficient staff member at the desk, and one of the staff members in the main lobby was very nice too - may have been the concierge?

The lobby was nice, and had water, and coffee available as well as a sitting area, and an exotic parrot ready to greet guests.

The room however, was extremely outdated - seemed clean enough, but our toilet was broken the moment we arrived - they were very quick to fix this immediately for us.

If they would give these rooms the makeover they are screaming for, then I would rate it 5 stars because the staff was super attentive, very efficient, and always came through for our requests.

The room seemed dingy and dirty to me, and the carpets, couch, and overall room just needed a facelift. Handles that open the windows were falling off, broken toilet knobs, and just overall wear and tear.

If they update the rooms, then we would return, otherwise we will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Amanda D, General Manager at Coronado Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear ButterBean21,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our resort. I am so glad to hear that the staff was friendly and responsive throughout your stay. I am very excited to announce that all rooms will be remodeled this year. We plan to update the kitchens, bathrooms, case goods and furnishings. I look forward to welcoming you back to Coronado Beach Resort after the remodel! Please feel free to call me or email me directlly at adolan@gpresorts.com to book your next stay with us!
Oceanside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My best friend and I planned this 4th of July holiday booking through AAA at the beginning of this year. We each reserved two separate one bedroom units at $369.00 a day plus taxes plus additional charges of $14 for parking. The day before we are supposed to check in for 4th of July, which would be impossible to find another hotel in Coronado with the same criteria we chose this one, they tell us they have overbooked and all our plans have hit the dust. We have two separate families that have been affected by this "at the last minute" notice. It is so unacceptable, I can't even imagine a hotel having a clear conscience being able to do this. I am stunned to say the least. I don't know how many other people have had this experience but it would be interesting to see if this is a common practice.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Amanda D, General Manager at Coronado Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hi hotelhussey,
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I truly apologize for your experience. Please know that we value you as a guest and are so sorry that we were over booked on the 4th of July holiday weekend, and were unable to provide you with proper accommodations. Please contact me at adolan@gpresorts.com so we can discuss this further and make it up to you.
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We went the week of May 18 (sun-sun) and we arrived early, but decided to head straight to the farmer's market. We called ahead and they had our room ready by noon even though check in was late afternoon. The underground parking garage is in the back of the building so not on orange st. they charge $14/day for parking and use of bikes, beach towels, use of pool at sister hotel, and other amenities...very reasonable.

Check in was very easy, and there was water and popcorn at lobby with Ms. Cody, the blue Macaw who I heard say Hello when we entered. There are a couple of computers and a printer in the lobby for guests to use. They explained that there were available weeks/points on sale...I was tempted cause the prices were so reasonable but we only have 2 weeks off a year and already have a timeshare. I visited this area the year before and loved Coronado and as soon as I got home I found this on RCI and booked it!

We were in the top floor next to the outdoor patio where there was a hot tub, grill, seating areas, and a small sauna. I thought it might be noisy considering we were right beside this area and across the elevator but it was fine.

The Wi-Fi worked well in our room. We had partial view of beach from our room. Road noise was minimal. Glad I brought eye mask cause not all the windows had blinds or curtains so all the light came thru. We had a murphy bed, partial kitchen w/toaster, hotplate for cooking, microwave, plates and utensils for 4, full size fridge, sofabed that couldn't be used cause it would hit the bed (only 2 of us so not needed), lots of linens and towels. There was also a safe in the closet.

There are many restaurants close by and one day we had lunch at Peohe's, made reservation's and told them where we staying, and when we got to restaurant they gave us a VIP table. Then waiter told us that our hotel concierge was treating us to dessert which was $10 worth. That was a nice treat! I've eaten at this restaurant last year and had to come back...best views of San Diego and lots of boats pass by while you eat! Rachel Ray's recommendation! We found free parking near this restaurant so after lunch we took the ferry across to the USS Midway and walked to the kissing couple and Gaslamp District.

It is right across the Hotel Del Coronado so it's convenient location to shops, restaurants, beach, movie theater, and grocery store. I believe if you want you can just use public transportation but buses stop running after 6pm or earlier?

We visited the Birch Aquarium (there's a discount coupon in the hotel lobby), which had the best views of La Jolla. Make sure to say hello to the sea lions and harbor seals in La Jolla. Also, drove on the pacific coast hwy and passed through Carlsbad, Solana Beach, stopped at Laguna Beach, and decided to drive to LA...hubby's first time. Hubby took a tour of Stone Brewery, and I believe there are 89 local breweries in the area. I absolutely loved the farmer's market in Little Italy on Sat and the Hillcrest Farmer's market on Sunday.

We came on the day of the Sicilian Festival and plan on going back next year. Too bad for 4 yr rule...have to stay somewhere else :(

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Amanda D, General Manager at Coronado Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for reviewing Coronado Beach Resort. We appreciate you coming back to write a review for our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations and our location. We truly pride ourselves on great customer services, so I'm glad to hear that our staff was able to provide you with directions and coupons so that you may enjoy your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Flagstaff Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Our family came to Coronado for a week to take in the sites and enjoy the beach . We checked on on a Sunday , and out on a Sunday , the room made me feel like a queen ! Beautiful , spacious , and luxurious !!! Thick bedding and rich sheets , my children had their own room with two twin beds , nice fully stocked kitchen , with all the amenities ! Nice large oval tub on bathroom 1 and a decent tub and shower in bathroom 2 , hair dryer , iron , safe in closet , close to beach and you can borrow stuff you want to take and even bikes ! The only downside is the elevator !!! When checking on and out you must lug heavy carts from your car to your room up a very slow and very busy elevator ! Not fun ! Took us over an hour to get carts , then another hour to get our stuff up and in our room . The staff was helpful and friendly , oh also of you are a smoker DO NOT COME TO CORONADO !!! It is banned everywhere ! Even on the streets !!! There is literally no where to smoke !!!

Stayed June 2014
Hi flagbabygirl,
Thank you for reviewing Coronado Beach Resort. We're thrilled to hear that you found your accommodations very spacious and had everything you needed in your rooms. We apologize that the elevator was so busy throughout your stay and understand how inconvenient it can be for our guests. However, we are glad to hear that your week went great. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Torrance, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

When we booked a suite the description on their website indicated a queen bed with a sofa bed in the room (which would imply there would be room for four people), not so! Upon entering the room we were giving the room had a Murphy bed and yes, there was a sofa bed but you could not use the sofa bed if the Murphy bed was down and we were traveling with four people!
The gentlemen at the front desk did his best to accommodate us with a room that would sleep four. However, we had to move two different times during the duration of our stay. We rely heavily on room descriptions when we book a room selection, and nowhere did it mention a Murphy bed. We were very disappointed especially because it was our first time staying at the resort and it may be out last.

Room Tip: If you reserve a suite be aware you don't get a balcony or a regular queen bed.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Hartes62012 ,
I am sorry to learn of your disappointment regarding your room accommodations at the Coronado Beach Resort. That is a great point about the sleeping arrangements of a Studio Room. I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay, and I hope that we can welcome you and your family back again in the future for a much more pleasant stay in a larger unit.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed here for one night in April (wish it was more!), as I got a good rate on a 2 bedroom condo and it was walking distance to the beach. Was not disappointing with my stay. First off, this hotel is right across the street from the Hotel del Coronado, and the rooms are cheaper than staying there. I can tell you from staying at both properties, I thought the rooms were every bit as nice (if not nicer)! We were given a 2 bedroom with a HUGE balcony that overlooked the ocean on the 3rd floor. The condo was very clean and spacious, and great for a family getaway. They also had coffee all day in the lobby and popcorn available on days. Another pro was free parking for one car! Considering the fantastic location, I found this to be a nice perk. Bicycles and beach chairs are included in the resort fee which I found to be a nice perk. Location is great, as it is right across from the beach, and walking distance to the main strip of restaurants.

Only negatives were there was no pool (you can use the sister properties which is a few miles away, and I didn't want to take a shuttle/or have to drive for a pool). However, there is a very nice hot tub and lounging area on the roof. We also checked in early (around 1pm) and was told the room should be ready in the next 30 minutes. The room did not end up being cleaned and ready until 30 minutes after the check-in time, which was mildly irritating since we were only there 1 day. Still despite this, would gladly stay again and recommend!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hi CLT_Travel-Girl4Lyfe,
Thank you for reviewing Coronado Beach Resort. We appreciate you coming back to write a review for our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations and our location. We do apologize that your check-in took a bit long, and are always working to improve this process. However, we are glad that you enjoyed the hot tub and lounging area on the roof. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Been to Coronado Beach Resort? Share your experiences!