“Magnificient” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1415 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Coronado
“Magnificient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Beatiful british or european style resort and place. We just visited the hotel. Ice cream parlour is great but a bit expensive. You can enjoy the swimming pool or the beach at the back. Beautiful views and great for photography. A must visit if you go to San diego, just 20mins drive. After that dont forget to go to the Gas Lamp District for night life or dinner

• Stayed May 2014
Amanda D, General Manager at Coronado Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hi AmarKhan,
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our decorative style and scenic views. We look forward to you visiting us again during your future travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Dorchester, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Where do I start? We got a week here through a timeshare exchange as a wedding gift. From day one, the staff was unbelievably attentive and courteous. We arrived and the staff was awesome. They explained everything clearly, offered advice and assistance, and did everything that could be asked. We never saw an emloyee who wasn't cheerful and friendly. And this place was SPOTLESS clean.

We had a King 1BR suite. They allow you to choose your room 30 days out if you are a timeshare exchange or renter. Of course, by then, most of the owners already have the rooms you THINK would be the best (facing the Del). However, we were in room 323 and it was the best of both worlds. REALLY quiet but you could also see the ocean from the balcony. The room was nicely furnished and you could tell that they had recently refurbished. It had a curtain dividing the room from the living area, but since it was just my wife and I, we never even pulled it shut.

The hotel also offers LOTS of activities for families throughout the week. Everything from Kayaking to wine tasting to bingo. We did the kayaking and it was a lot of fun. They have a hot tub and sauna upstairs as well as a few grills and patio area with views of the Del, San Diego, and the ocean.

This is NOT a resort where you will find all sorts of huge pools and fitness facilities. If that is what you are looking for, they allow you to use the Loews Coronado, but we never did. But this was the ideal location, beautiful setup, AMAZING staff and overall great little place. I would recommend this to almost anyone!

Room Tip: Rooms 321/323 are on the end of the hotel so you can see the ocean without the noise of the Orange.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Friendly staff. Great location but not right on the beach. Comfortable beds. Lots to do. Good free WiFi and free indoor secured parking. We are coming back. No pool but nice rooftop patio with sauna and hot tub.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I stay for a couple of nights at the end of March. The location is great, staff were very friendly and it was lovely and quiet at night. We did feel that we were some of the youngest guests (we are in our 30s) but that was part of the charm of the place and we loved the Parrot in the lobby. Excellent value for money in Coronado. We stayed in a studio room which has more than enough room for the two of us and the bed was huge and very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in Oct 2013 for 3 nights, and I forgot to write my review!

This was a cute small property with a friendly staff. And a funny talking parrot in the lobby.
We stayed in a 1 bedroom condo with a fireplace. The room was nice and roomy. The price was reasonable. There were some issues with the toilet that kept clogging and over flowing, but the staff would address it promptly, when we called.

There are many places to eat and little shops in the area (all in walking distance).
It is right across from the beach. I enjoyed walking there everyday just to sit on the soft sand and look at the beautiful ocean.

It is right across the street from the Hotel Del. I enjoyed taking a daily stroll here too.
And just in case you are looking for stamps, they sell them in their shop at the Hotel Del (I think it was called the signature shop). I was asking around for stamps and no one had them or knew where to find them, so if you need them go here!

We ate a Miguels- great food and great staff.
And we ate at Village Pizzeria which was terrific too. They had the best Baked Ziti with sausage that I tried to duplicate at home with no success.

I love the beautiful town of Coronado and would go back here to visit in a heart beat!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Last April my mom and I spent a week in April here, LOVED it. This year my work dictated only a short trip, so it was just a long weekend for us (Thursday-Sunday). Loved it again, more cooking on the deck that going out although we DID "do" Miguel's on Thursday night.

Always comfortable, nice to see updated TV's in the bedroom and the staff is TOP NOTCH, as always.

BONUS of a couple of NEW beach cruisers, so I took one out for a several mile maiden voyage. The bikes are HUGE extra for me.

Looking forward to my August week there already.

Room Tip: the rooms on the back side (even numbers) do not have the Orange Avenue traffic noise but do not hav...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife made the reservation at the Coronado Beach Resort, I was not sure what to expect? But from the time of our arrival we felt the warms hospitality and the excellent service, from hot coffee and tea around the clock to the popcorn and free movie for the whole family, free bikes, gym, and free beach equipment’s. The rooms were cleans, the staff very friendly in receptions and room service. To top it all Erick the manager was very friendly and willing to do whatever it takes to makes our trip the best ever, and he did. It was an experience that the whole family enjoyed and will never forget. We are looking forward to do it again soon.
Thank you Erick and staff.

HY

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Coronado Beach Resort? Share your experiences!