“Great holiday” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Coronado
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Great holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Friendly staff. Great location but not right on the beach. Comfortable beds. Lots to do. Good free WiFi and free indoor secured parking. We are coming back. No pool but nice rooftop patio with sauna and hot tub.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I stay for a couple of nights at the end of March. The location is great, staff were very friendly and it was lovely and quiet at night. We did feel that we were some of the youngest guests (we are in our 30s) but that was part of the charm of the place and we loved the Parrot in the lobby. Excellent value for money in Coronado. We stayed in a studio room which has more than enough room for the two of us and the bed was huge and very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in Oct 2013 for 3 nights, and I forgot to write my review!

This was a cute small property with a friendly staff. And a funny talking parrot in the lobby.
We stayed in a 1 bedroom condo with a fireplace. The room was nice and roomy. The price was reasonable. There were some issues with the toilet that kept clogging and over flowing, but the staff would address it promptly, when we called.

There are many places to eat and little shops in the area (all in walking distance).
It is right across from the beach. I enjoyed walking there everyday just to sit on the soft sand and look at the beautiful ocean.

It is right across the street from the Hotel Del. I enjoyed taking a daily stroll here too.
And just in case you are looking for stamps, they sell them in their shop at the Hotel Del (I think it was called the signature shop). I was asking around for stamps and no one had them or knew where to find them, so if you need them go here!

We ate a Miguels- great food and great staff.
And we ate at Village Pizzeria which was terrific too. They had the best Baked Ziti with sausage that I tried to duplicate at home with no success.

I love the beautiful town of Coronado and would go back here to visit in a heart beat!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Last April my mom and I spent a week in April here, LOVED it. This year my work dictated only a short trip, so it was just a long weekend for us (Thursday-Sunday). Loved it again, more cooking on the deck that going out although we DID "do" Miguel's on Thursday night.

Always comfortable, nice to see updated TV's in the bedroom and the staff is TOP NOTCH, as always.

BONUS of a couple of NEW beach cruisers, so I took one out for a several mile maiden voyage. The bikes are HUGE extra for me.

Looking forward to my August week there already.

Room Tip: the rooms on the back side (even numbers) do not have the Orange Avenue traffic noise but do not hav...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife made the reservation at the Coronado Beach Resort, I was not sure what to expect? But from the time of our arrival we felt the warms hospitality and the excellent service, from hot coffee and tea around the clock to the popcorn and free movie for the whole family, free bikes, gym, and free beach equipment’s. The rooms were cleans, the staff very friendly in receptions and room service. To top it all Erick the manager was very friendly and willing to do whatever it takes to makes our trip the best ever, and he did. It was an experience that the whole family enjoyed and will never forget. We are looking forward to do it again soon.
Thank you Erick and staff.

HY

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I went for the weekend and had an amazing time! Walking distance to the beach, an awesome room, great service. The staff was very friendly. They recommended great places for us to eat. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I liked this place, mainly for the location. The people working there are all really nice too. When you check in it is confusing because there are no signs telling you were to park for check in. We parked by the door near the garage, but we were in the way and they asked us to move the car. I assume they want you to park in the garage when checking in because they had the garage door open(it was closed every other day).

We were in a one bedroom with a kitchenette, a dining table, and a living room. It also had a tiny balcony, but we didn't use the balcony. We faced the neighborhood and it was quiet most of the time. The place was smaller than most of the places we've been, but it was fine for us since there were only two of us. The bathroom didn't have much room for your stuff - just a couple of little glass shelves by the pedestal sink, although there is a big cabinet in the toilet room.

The wifi was terrible. If I wanted to I could have turned on my hotspot, but didn't because we were really busy the whole week, so I didn't bother.

They have bicycles for you to borrow, but we didn't do that because there were so many other things to do. They also had someone come in from RCI to help you understand some of the new RCI features. It was very informative and we did learn some things.

There's no pool, but there is a hot tub on the sun deck which is on the third floor. It was very nice out there and we used that area several times. There's seating areas and grills there for you to use if you want to. They also give you access to another resort that has a pool if that's what you prefer. We didn't use the other resort because we are fine with no pool.

There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. We visited several of them and all were very good.

Checkout is at 11:00, but they turned the room keys off before10:00. So if you are packing up your car when you are checking out, you might want to make sure one of you stays in the room until you are done!

Room Tip: 3rd floor facing the neighborhood was quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Coronado Beach Resort? Share your experiences!