“Wonderful resort in a perfect location!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% Off Entire Stay!
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
Cave Creek, Arizona
“Wonderful resort in a perfect location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

We stayed at the Coronado Beach Resort for four days and had a great time. Everyone we met was exceptionally helpful and friendly. Erick at the front desk went out of his way for us. The rooms are lovely--we had a one-bedroom unit with a partial kitchen and everything we needed was right there. This hotel is right across the street from the Del and within walking distance to the beach and many restaurants--the Brigantine is our favorite. Parking here is never a problem. We stayed at the resort several years ago and were happy to see Cody the macaw is still greeting guests in the lobby. There is a lovely rooftop deck with a spa and it is a great place to sit and relax. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AZ2TX

Groveland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

my trip was an absolute dream. From erick ,mike, aaron and leon on the desk to raul and paul and shawna on the floor they couldn't have been more helpful and kind., not only to me but to my family who live in san diego and came to visit me at the resort. I would reccomend this place to anyone who wants to be treated royally.

Room Tip: book on the 3rd floor
Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank elenamcin
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

We had a lovely time in this friendly hotel near to the beach. Our kids especially liked the blue and yellow macaw that flies around the lobby, saying hello to new arrivals. You can borrow beach toys from the desk.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

I chose to stay at this resort due to it's location, and I will definantly be returning. The room was great, I really enjoyed the kitchen and jacuzzi tub! Every staff member I came in contact with was smiling, friendly, and helpful be it at the front desk or in the halls. I would absolutley reccommend this resort to anyone traveling to Coronado!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank rosalie2986
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

Our unit was small, but we knew that it was a studio before we arrived. But it was beautifully appointed, from the architectural features to the window coverings, to the slab granite countertops in the butler-pantry style kitchenette. A great soaking tub in the bathroom. And even though we had a Murphy bed, the mattress was like sleeping on a cloud.

The rooftop spa, patio, and bbq area were extremely clean, and offered beautiful views.
The resort offers 15 minute service on any maintenance issues, and they delivered it. We needed an extension cord for my hubby's c-pap, and we had one within 5 minutes. The unit was missing a frying-pan turner, and again, it was delivered within 5 minutes.

There is ample parking in the underground garage. The location is right across the street from the del Coronado. Many restaurants are within walking distance, as is the beach.

The staff is friendly, and so helpful with information and directions.
The resort doesn't have a restaurant or pool on site, but offers guests free use of the amenities at the Loew's Coronado Bay Resort, about 4 miles away. We did take advantage of the Loew's Coronado Bay Resort's restaurant discount offered to the resort's guests, and enjoyed their pool area as well.

A wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Book far in advance.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank flowerbuyer
Peoria AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

I arrived at this resort on the afternoon I needed a room. Erick, the gentleman at the front desk, made a couple calls and was able to accommodate me on short notice. I had made a reservation for a hotel initially that I did not feel safe staying at. So I was in a foreign place with really no place to stay. I would have really been challenged if Erick had not been so helpful. Erick actually called an outside reservation company so I could get a discount on my room, had me speak with their rep on the phone, and was able to give me the members price for the room. I did not even request a discount, and my reservations were less expensive than my initial reservation at a hotel I did not feel comfortable staying at.
I was out of town on business and once Erick found me a room I was able to focus on business. I stayed in a studio. It was perfect; I felt safe, there was kitchenette and plenty of space for one person. They also have wireless internet so I was able to work conveniently.
It worked out beautifully, thanks to Erick! I had a great place to stay and felt productive and relaxed for the rest of my trip.
The accommodations are awesome, and the customer service is phenomenal!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ecollins84
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

We booked a 2 bedroom condo with two bathrooms. The rooms and bathrooms were well organized with a kitchenette and almost a full sized fridge. We walked through the lobby and popcorn is popped all day long. My kids loaded up several times a day as they walked by. Our room had hot chocolate, microwaveable popcorn, coffee and tea awaiting us. The kitchenette was fully stocked with pans and cookware and a dishwasher. If we ran out of hot chocolate, housekeeping would bring us more within minutes. Bicycles were also included with the hotel for the whole family. They even supply the helmuts as well for all ages. THere were awesome beach cruisers and BMX bikes for the kids to ride. Parking is supplied downstairs in a gated garage with very easy access and luggage carts are available for hauling all of your family's gear upstairs. You can borrow a DVD from the lobby or play a game of billiard or ping pong upstairs. On the roof, there is a jacuzzi with a view of the beach next to Hotel del Coronado. The beds were comfortable, but you may want to bring your own pillow. THere were so many pillows on the bed, but they were all too thick for me. The rooms were tastefully decorated and the bedding was in pristine shape. We were only a stone throw from shops and restaurants. We dined in one night and had plenty of dishes in the kitchen to work with. I have stayed in a lot of places around the globe, but this place really made me feel comfortable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coronado
Hotel Marisol Coronado
Pacific Terrace Hotel
Pacific Terrace Hotel
#4 of 279 in San Diego
4.5 of 5 stars 1,670 reviews

Been to Coronado Beach Resort? Share your experiences!