“A lovely vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Coronado B&B and Inns
Gardnerville, Nevada
“A lovely vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

It's a charming old house with period furnishings, clean and quiet. It has a nice front porch overlooking a lush flower garden with hummingbird action, and the whole property is well cared for. Shops and restaurants are easily walkable, and there is free on-the-street parking. Our maid was friendly and clearly concerned about our comfort, and the management is accessible but not intrusive. Lots of people brought their dogs and we worried about barking but were never disturbed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed two nights at Cherokee Lodge and had a very good experience. The house is cute and inviting, the two employees we dealt with were friendly and professional. We stayed in Room 2. It was large and comfortable, on the ground floor. Although AC is accessible, we just opened the windows and allowed the cool ocean breeze through our room. The house is centrally located, walkable to all stores and the beach.
The Cherokee Lodge offers a voucher for breakfast at Panera Bread right around the corner. The menu is limited and I missed the hominess of breakfast with other people in a family setting which is one reason why I choose a B & B in the first place. While there, we did not see or hear one other guest. Either it's VERY quiet there or there were no other guests.
For the price and the convenience, I would visit Cherokee Lodge again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My sister and I use to stay at our cousin's home on "B" Avenue and were looking for a similar place to stay that was comfortable, affordable and close to the shops, restaurants and Hotel Del. We found it at The Cherokee Lodge, one block off of Orange Avenue. Room "2" is a large suite with beautiful antique furniture, wood floors and elegant 500 thread count cotton sheets. It was great having a coffee pot with Wolfgang Puck Estate Grown coffee and a down comforter. Two ceiling fans and a window A/C unit kept the room very cool. The bathroom shower/tub worked great and there was a guest computer to surf the internet and check-in with the airlines. The manager, "Vickie" was very professional and helpful, and I also had the pleasure of meeting the owner of the Lodge. I will definately plan a return visit to this great Hotel/BB

Room Tip: Look at the "virtual tour" so you can decide which room is best. Room "2" is th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We wound up arriving in Coronado and were unable to get into our VRBO house a day early as planned. We called Cherokee Lodge and stayed 1 night. Wonderful neighborhood, neat and tidy, quiet, close to a park, grocery, drugstore, shops, and restaurants. Lovely gardens greet you upon arrival with a wrap around porch for sitting or a backyard patio with more garden area. For breakfast we were given vouchers for Panera Bread less than a block away. While the room itself was not new or fancy, we did find it to be clean and to fit our needs.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Redondo Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel was perfect for our needs. My girlfriend got married at the base and we wanted to stay on Coronado but not spend $300/night. This hotel was right off the main street where all the shops and restaurants are and the people who run it are great. Our room was a nice size and had its own bathroom which we appreciated. Parking is tight if you get there in the middle of the day but you don't need to drive anywhere once you are there. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wildomar, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I wanted to rent a room for 2 nights at this B&B. On one of the nights the occupants were to be 2 adults and one child, on the 2nd night it was to be just 2 adults. This proved too difficult of a task for the person who answers the phones to take reservations. I was assured a member of the hotel staff would contact me to complete my reservation. For 2 days now, I have not received a single phone call. I have called the number listed several times and the last time I asked to please make sure I was contacted back by close of business that day. Still NOTHING. I was also told that there were rooms available for the time I was requesting. How does this place expect business if they cannot return a simple phone call?

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Shelley P, Manager at Cherokee Lodge, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
My sincere apologies for your dissatisfaction with your service experience. I did not receive your message. If I had, you would have gotten an immediate response. Please contact me Sunday through Thursday from 7:00 to 2:00 pm PST so I can take care of this for you. Our toll free number is 877-743-6213 or via email at info@cherokeelodge.com. Again, my sincere apology for this mis-communication.

Shelley Pickenpaugh, Manager
Avondale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I didn't realize I could write a review so easily on Cherokee Lodge or I would have done so much sooner than now. When I discovered I could share my experience, I just had to write a review to say how wonderful our stay was at Cherokee Lodge. My husband and I visited Coronado in July of 2010 (not 2011) along with our 2 dogs. The owners welcomed us warmly and ensured our stay was as comfortable and relaxing as possible.

The bed and breakfast is very clean and has all the amenities needed to feel at home away from home. There was a refrigerator in the room and a microwave in the communal kitchen along with a washer and dryer. There is also free WiFi, which is a requirement for all of our vacations. We definitely needed these amenities to fully enjoy our stay in Coronado. The bed and breakfast is also in close proximity to local stores and restaurants as well as the beach-walking distance for individuals on vacation with their dogs.

The breakfast passes for Panera Bread were excellent for our morning nourishment and coffee needs, and is located just around the corner from Cherokee Lodge. It was so nice to have the experience and feeling of staying at home away from home. We will definitely stay here again when we visit Coronado again. A tip for anyone who wants to stay at Cherokee Lodge is that booking early is the key to ensuring en suite bathroom amenities and larger room size.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Cherokee Lodge? Share your experiences!