“Fine” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
"The OC", CA
“Fine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our server Fidel was the best thing about this restaurant. He was great.
The white sauce for the chips was fine. Yummy, not out of this world. I WILL say I was already stuffed by the time my food came.
We did not choose Miguelitos... from the reviews, we decided to try Miguels instead of "Little Miguels"... however, after waiting 10 minutes, they took us to our seat and it was NOT MIguels, it was Miguelitos. We were not given a choice, We were a little bothered, but we were hungry and Fidel was nice.
We got salads... Neither of us really liked the bleu cheese vinegrette or the chipotle ranch.
I got the shrimp stuffed with a pepper and cheese then wrapped in bacon. It was yummy but SUPER rich. There were only 5 which seemed chintzy for the price, but because they were so rich is was probably fine.
Overall, it was a fine experience but I wish we could've tried the place we actually WENT to without being misled.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
State College, Pennsylvania
“Good Food Fun Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We enjoyed the place very much. My husband had Carne Asada. I had a a crab Enchalada special. Both were excellent, We enjoyed it very much and would come back if we were in town again. They cooperated with my special dietary concerns.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bend, Oregon
“A little oasis of Mexican food pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Was attending a conference at a nearby hotel and wanted a mex fix for lunch.

This place was perfect. Tucked in along a side street with tables outside and inside the staff greeted me with smiles and great service with immediate sitting available outside.

My lunchtime Margarita was with fresh lime juice and accompanied the chips with white cheese jalapeno queso nicely. The queso is addicting so don't fill up on the chips because you want to leave some room to savor the other menu items. I ordered the shrimp burrito and the shrimp were plentiful and tender and of good portion.

I saved some room for my favorite dessert - flan caramel and it did not dissapoint.

Is this the best place and best Mexican food ever - go to Mexico, but for a nice place with pleasant staff and good food on a gorgeous afternoon in Coronado it is hard to beat. Very satisfied.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sanibel Island, Florida
“I've had better :(”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I don't like to write a review unless I've visited twice, and we did visit twice.

Both times around 3pm. No problem getting a seat as it was empty both times.
The waiters were both attentive and polite.

We ordered quesadia fundito (sp?) (melted cheese) with shrimp and chorizo for the appetizer.
First time was excellent. Very tender shrimp. The second time we ordered, the shrimp was tough, as if it was pre cooked and just thrown in the cheese and they did not drain the chorizo. This made it very greasy and difficult to eat with the grease dripping all over.

I ordered carne asada tacos the second time and the the steak was very hard and full of grissle.

I am giving this 3 stars. Averaging out 4 stars for the first visit, 2 stars for the second.
I'm removing a star for the first visit because even though the restaurant was empty, we had to wait quite awhile for our food. I ended up finding out as i went to the bathroom and saw our waiter running out the back door to another restaurant. He told me they had no cook on staff and had to run out the back to the neighboring restaurant to get our food made.

Wish I knew the name of that restaurant, as the food was excellent the first visit.... Which came from them!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
geneva, IL
“Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Fantastic fish tacos! Loved the sangria. Not a fan of the guacamole. Nice waiter. Nice location. Would return.

Visited October 2012