We recently spent several nights at the charming 1906 Lodge in Coronado. The owners have done an outstanding job of renovating this attractive arts & crafts style building and have thought of every little detail to make it attractive and comfortable for their guests. The gardens are beautiful, the parlour where complementary wine and cheese is served from 5 to 6 is lovely and the included secure underground parking most appreciated. The innkeepers were friendly and attentive and the facilities were exceptionally clean and well maintained.
There were many small details such as a light up magnifying mirror in the bathroom, complementary water bottles in the fridge, the turn down service with chocolates, windex and paper towels in the garage to clean your car windows. and videos, books and beach chairs to borrow that show how they try to think of everything to make you feel at home.
The location was on quiet residential street but just a couple of blocks from the beautiful Coronado Beach and the many shops and restaurants on Orange Avenue (loved Nado Gelato). We did not need the car except for off Coronado adventures.
The breakfast during our stay included a selection of cereals, toast and English muffins, jams, a different type of homemade scone, muffin or nutbread daily, yogurt, fresh fruit, almonds, and a different tasty hot dish every day such as stuffed French toast with apricot sauce or eggs Florentine, coffee, teas and juices.
One word of advice – the temperature in the rooms is controlled by a computer system in the office. When you arrive, should you want to adjust the temperature, you may want to speak to the office before you head out for your evening.
- Also Known As:
- 1906 Lodge At Coronado Beach Hotel Coronado
- 1906 Lodge At Coronado Beach Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For a truly relaxing getaway, choose the 1906 Lodge at Coronado Beach. Complimentary gourmet breakfast, parking, 5 PM wine, evening turndown, spa robes, internet, loaner beach chairs, TV/Cable/DVD, local calls. Walk to the beach and dozens of restaurants and shops. Luxury suites have a king bed, fireplace, spa tub, fridge, wet bar, porch or balcony, safe. Gov't per diem guests welcome, with $20 daily payment for food and parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your 1906 Lodge at Coronado Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.