“This is where I would live if I could.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Stay 3 Nights, Get $300
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Coronado
Lincoln, Nebraska
“This is where I would live if I could.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at the Hotel del 2 times in the past 3 years.
Our repeat trip was even more enjoyable than our initial visit. Yvette helped get us the most 'bang for our buck' and was a joy to work with via telephone. We were welcomed back with even more personal service, if that is possible.
The employees at the del toy store even greeted our son by name our second time in to actually make a Lego purchase. Everything you need is at this resort.
We stay in the towers with a partial ocean view and I never want to leave.
San Diego is so nice but Coronado is in a different realm. It leaves me awestruck.
Also, my 4 year old loved the camps that the recreation center provides and my husband and I had a leisurely delicious dinner at Ocean 1500. We accidentally left his sand/paint art project there as it has to dry and Chris, a front desk manager UPS shipped to us.
I feel like I stayed at a family-friendly resort that truly is about making memories of a lifetime.
Thank you for all that you do and did to make our family feel special.
We will be back, Hotel del Coronado!

• Stayed March 2012
BBrown3275, Manager at Hotel del Coronado, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for sharing your fond memories with your family during your recent stay at The Del. As we always strive to provide legendary service, we appreciate your recognition of our wonderful staff and we'll be sure to pass your kind words onto Chris and Yvette. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (736)
  • Polish first
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Lovely character hotel. We stayed in the Victorian part which was beautiful. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Would love to visit again. We were there for Easter which was a bit busy for a couple of days but nothing to disrupt our enjoyment. The beach is fantastic. Breakfast is good value if you are hungry and keeps you going well into the afternoon. The music in the bar in the evenings is good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review and we are pleased that you enjoyed your holiday visit. We also appreciate your kudos to our great staff and hope you return again soon.
east greenwich, rhode island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

I was here for a weekend conference. Missed the talk on the history of the Del but was impressed with the dining room. The food was another story. I arrived Friday night at 7:50 pm..the meeting dinner was still going on, but the bar closed at 8 pm and nothing could move anyone to get me a glass of wine or a diet coke! Saturday's breakfast was "egg mcMuffins". Give me a break! What about options for vegetarians.The meal at lunch that day was enjoyable....plenty of options for vegetarians.My hotel room was large and clean with a balcony and view of the front of the hotel. If I looked to my right, I saw the ocean. When I left the room and walked to the elevators, I was met with the most amazing views of the Pacific ocean.

Stayed April 2012
BBrown3275, Manager at Hotel del Coronado, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations. We apologize that there were aspects of your conference that did not meet your expectations and will be reviewing your comments with our management team in an effort to improve in these areas. Thanks again.
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in an ocean view in the Ocean Tower building. The views were great. We saw the Navy Seals training on the beach directly in front of the hotel. There was always something going on out in the ocean be it dolphins or military training. The kids lov ed it. The hotel is lovely but everything is a bit overpriced. $5 for a Diet Coke???. It was great for a one time expereince.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
We are pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay and all that The Del has to offer. Thank you for your comments and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Plano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

The Del Coronado Hotel is the best hotel in the country based on location, experience, and the outstanding staff at The Del. We have stayed there at least 15 times and every visit was an incredible experience. It is a beautiful setting with a staff that has a service-heart. My family highly recommends the Del as a luxury resort that is family-friendly. John and Nancy Kraft of Plano,Texas

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear John and Nancy,
Thank you for your wonderful endorsement and your ongoing loyalty to The Del. We are thrilled that visiting our resort has become a tradition in your family and look forward to welcoming you back for many more years to come!
Corona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed at the Del this past weekend over Easter for my Wife's birthday. We've spent many an evening on the Sun Deck having a drink or a burger and I've always loved the atmosphere there. Staying at the hotel was on my wife's bucket list, so we made it happen. I'm glad we did - we stayed in a lovely room overlooking the Courtyard, and we were high enough up that you could see the water from the balcony outside our bedroom. It had recently been remodeled I thought due to the new flat screen TV and the new fixtures on the bathroom. I've read some other reviews where folks were concerned about noise levels; was absolutely not an issue for us. It's worth noting that we stayed in one of the oldest parts of the hotel, and that's what we wanted to do - the newer Ocean towers were not interesting to us, because we felt that those look (and feel) just like any other hotel around. The rooms in the older, original parts of the hotel are smaller yes, but I think that those rooms are part of the charm and character of the hotel.

Also, I wanted to mention that the staff was for the most part, really great. The nice lady at the Front Desk really went out of her way to make us feel welcome, and it showed. The waitress who served us at breakfast in the Sheerwater made fresh Iced Tea for us when I could tell that the standard stuff came out of the soda fountain. So if you are in F&B at the Del, and you are reading this, please take my advice: Get some real Iced Tea machines for the restaurants, it makes a difference!

All in all, if you are so inclined, I highly recommend the Del experience – it’s not cheap, and once you pay for parking, resort fees and taxes, it’s even less so – but it is an experience, and in one of the most wonderful parts of these United States. I’d certainly be willing to do it again, based on this experience!

Room Tip: Full Ocean view rooms are amazing, but very, very expensive. The charm of the hotel is in the origi...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind endorsement and loyalty to our iconic resort. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your birthday celebration weekend and appreciate your recognition of our wonderful staff. We will share your iced tea feedback with our culinary team and look forward to your return. Thanks again.
Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We loved the special attention that the hotel gave us for our 30th Anniversary. All of the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
We are thrilled that you chose to celebrate your special occasion at The Del and enjoyed your visit. We hope to become an anniversary tradition and welcome you back again next year.

Been to Hotel del Coronado? Share your experiences!