“always nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 18 hotels in Coronado
phoenix
“always nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

we come here every year for the off-leash doggie beach, which is GREAT for our dog but we love it too, since it is the same beach as the HOTEL DEL. and every year we stay at CCInn because it never disappoints. its always clean, it is central to every place you would want to go, the bistro is excellent and the hotel staff is helpful and friendly. it is the only place to stay in coronado for great value and for excellent customer service. and doggy-friendly, too!!! we'll see you next september and we cant wait!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
melissawm, Owner at Crown City Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
It sounds like you (and your dog) had a great time! The dog beach in Coronado is a wonderful thing for pet owners. Many of our customers say that Coronado is the most pet friendly place they've ever visited. Thanks so much for your review, and I hope to see you again soon.

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Potsdam, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our family had a wonderful visit here. We loved the free bicycles for riding all over the island, the delicious brunch, the adorable little pool, and the friendly vibe of the inn. The bathroom was all tile and glass, and was gorgeous. It is very clean, and the space is used as efficiently as possible. The charming landscaping is like something out of Dr. Seuss. The rooms are facing the inner parking area, so it is very quiet and secluded. We parked in the alley in back, right across from some tennis courts, and it was very convenient and safe. We had the time of our lives, and would love to visit again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
melissawm, Owner at Crown City Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your nice review! It sounds like you had a nice vacation, and I'm happy that a small part of that was because of our Inn. You listed many of the things we offer, but we also offer tennis rackets and balls to use at those tennis courts behind us. I hope we'll see you on your next trip to Coronado.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I knew about this place because I actually grew up in Coronado, and it has always been the "go-to place for breakfast". But now I live in NY and I 25 years later I wanted to take my family back to my home town. I used to play hide and seek at the Hotel Del Coronado growning up and worked at various other establishments around town before college - so I have a good idea of where my dollar would be going...I took a chance on the Crown and am glad I did. The rooms had renovated bathrooms and good WiFi. Best of all, each day we had a complimentary bike to take to the beach to surf, to dinner, to the parks, etc! Did i mention?..You should not drive on this island - only locals take golf carts and bikes or skateboards. So having a bike made my visit truly like I was back in "Nado". On top of all this - the front desk staff was professional, and the sweet tiled Lobby always had fresh iced tea and cookies every day as well as good coffee each morning. What else do you need for a beach holiday? Great Mexican food: go to Clayton's " take out" in the alley off 10th street. Then your stay on the island is complete. oh yeah - they have a tiny pool to cool off.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
melissawm, Owner at Crown City Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I'm so glad you're able to travel back to Coronado! I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us. There really is no need to have a car while visiting, unless you're planning to go to a lot of the northern San Diego attractions. We have the bikes, the shuttle, the ferry, the trolley, etc. to get people around. I hope to meet you on your next trip back.
Apple Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

What a great little Motel! I work at a hotel and let me say this motel was very clean. I inspected the room for cleanliness and it passed! Staff is very nice and helpful. We went for coffee and desert in the evening at the resturant and it also was very good. Like I said a little Gem all around. I hope this is helpful for those of you looking for a nice and clean place to stay. :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
melissawm, Owner at Crown City Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
What a nice review! Thank you. I will certainly show my housekeeping staff your comments. We strive to accommodate our guests with many things but clean rooms and friendly service are our "biggies." So glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again soon.
Ontario, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

1st time and loved it. I played golf at the local course while my wife took the walking tour and Del Coronado tour. Excellent public transportation that is free and stops in front of the Inn. Free parking and Wi-Fi. Check in took only 3 minutes with very helpful staff. We will be returning next year. Our room was quite and very clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
melissawm, Owner at Crown City Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thanks so much for your nice review. I am so glad your wife is now "sold" on Coronado. It is truly a wonderful place to live and to visit. I hope we get to see you again sometime soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

In a resort community the title perks are big pluses for me. The motel is basic and comfortable. The staff was more than helpful..personable, and printed boarding passes for us in our absence during the day.
We enjoyed walking from end to end on the island and really could have done without a car completely for a short visit. The motel is located on a lovely street made for pedestrians with shops and restaurants a few blocks away. The attached restaurant was very good, I advise reservations in the evening as there are few tables with much business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Joy33:
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do not charge extra for anything--WiFi, Parking, Bicycles, Coffee, Afternoon Cookies, etc.. Our policy is to provide what we think are nice services to our guests, and I'm happy that you liked and appreciated those things. In return, we hope you come back to stay with us again; and maybe even pass along the word as you have done here!
Gleeson. AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Last minute hotel change, decided to give this property a try. I knew making this reservation that it wasn't a resort so I didn't set my expectations too high.
Everyone was very friendly at this hotel, check in simple, minimal parking on-site but plenty of street parking. The rooms were a nice size, very clean, functional, the best was each room includes a refrigerator, big plus when staying a few days. If you using the hotel as a place to sleep this gets the job done. Only negative comment was the water pressure, very low in the room I had. It took forever to take a shower and even washing your hands in the sink took sometime. I didn't bring it to managements attention as I looked at it as a way to slow me down and relax, stop rushing.
I would stay here again, very friendly staff, including housekeeping, great location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear GregB:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and for noting specifically all the things you liked about us. I apologize for the water pressure. There is a lot of sand in the water coming in, and we have filters, but sometimes the faucets get clogged & it sounds like we need to check them again. I hope you'll stay again, and find it is a strong, powerful shower!
Melissa

Been to Crown City Inn? Share your experiences!