“great beach with an RV park right beside it” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 Attractions in Coronado
Type: Beaches, State Parks, Outdoors
Activities: Camping/rv, Sunbathing, Swimming
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the most beautiful beaches in the San Diego area, the Silver Strand Beach State Park is on the southern coast of Coronado.
international
25 attraction reviews
“great beach with an RV park right beside it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

beautiful beach, especially if you have an RV camper. The beach and RV park is very popular, so be prepared to book months in advance, esp to get a beachfront spot.

San Bernardino, California
73 attraction reviews
“Great San Diego area beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I went to Silver Strand Beach today with my son, his wife and twin daughters.I have been to San Diego beaches before and was pleasantly surprised to see that this was a beautiful beach that was not crowded at all.We drove past the beautiful Coronado Hotel and area shops.There were quite a few people there but we drove on to Silver Strand.The parking fee is $10 a day.This was the first time my twin grandkids had stepped on the sand and they loved it! Avoid the crowds at the beach by the Coronado Hotel and continue on to Silver Strand.You get a beautiful view of San Diego Bay as well on your way to the beach! I had seen on the Internet that you could find some seashells here and I found very small ones.The sand is beautiful here. It glistens with shimmery silver like sand.

sugarsmommy
6 attraction reviews
“Relaxing Day Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Nice views, rarely crowded, beautiful sunsets. You can ride your bike, have a picnic, cross from beach to bay easily. Great place to watch the kite surfers or a nice evening sunset.

Loveland
11 attraction reviews
“Beautiful.....miles of beach.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Beach was white sand and miles of it outside town and in the town of Coronado. Loews had a golf cart that took us to their beach and offered towels, chairs and umbrellas for free with service back to the hotel when ready.

Mariel1405
6 attraction reviews
“Nice family time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Enjoyed our family time on the RV campsite. Did not have problems with the camp host, despite several comments I read on the matter. We were fortunate that the people next to our site left the following morning we got in and nobody else took that spot, so we had a very nice ocean view without paying the ocean front parking spot ( which were all reserved).
The weather was very nice! Water is normal for California beaches. Take your bikes! Very popular with all the campers. There is also a very nice bike trail that takes you all the way downtown Coronado (about 5 miles from the sites). The website indicates they have Wifi...they do, if you go about 200 ft from the tower...this is farther than the location of the RV's. They have a small snack bar, nothing great...good enough to get an ice cream and chips ( which usually RV campers have with them), burgers sold at this place were reheated on microwave (saw this while waiting on line). The beach is nice; however, since it is a state reserve beach it is covered with seaweed! I do not mind a little seaweed but this was out of this world. Also some weird looking seaweed ( I am guessing) that looked like a combination jelly fish and chicken liver in a red color...really grossed me out. Considering this, I enjoyed my time spend here because I was with my family but I most likely look for a different on the beach camping location where the beach is cleaner.