“Relaxing, tranquil Hotel Del Beach Villa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Village at The Del

You added Beach Village at The Del to your Saves list
Beach Village at The Del
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Orange Avenue, Hotel del Coronado, Coronado, CA 92118   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Private Summer Escape
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Coronado
Woodbridge, California
“Relaxing, tranquil Hotel Del Beach Villa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

A new experience to stay at the Hotel Del in the more private Beach Villas and Cottages. The location and proximity to the beach path and beach can't be beat! What a beautiful sunset was witnessed right over Point Loma! A wonderful morning jog/walk down Ocean Avenue and into town for coffee. Didn't get to enjoy as many amenities because of our short stay, but I will be back to enjoy the mini pools and hot tub. Breakfast at Windsor Cottage was charming and delicious! Beach front dining with wonderful patio heaters to take the chill off.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jim-BVDirector, General Manager at Beach Village at The Del, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing Beach Village at The Del. We are pleased that even during your short stay, you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to not only enjoy Beach Village's direct beach access, but also indulge in the countless amenities and services (and pools) available exclusively to Beach Village guests. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The two bedroom condos at the Beach Village at Hotel Del are incredible. They give you the freedom to have your own food and alcohol and convenience of being with friends and not making elaborate time plans. Nice gas fireplace in each condo. Master bedroom has great view of the beach. Complimentary breakfast is great- scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, fruits, juices, oatmeal, cereal, pastries, breads, smoked salmon and the most incredible pesto goat cheese. Dinner at the Winsor Court ( I believe that was the name of the Beach village dining area) was good but service too slow. Excellent wins selection though. You really never have to leave the property.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Jim-BVDirector, General Manager at Beach Village at The Del, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
We were thrilled to read your review of our Cottages and Villas at Beach Village at The Del! Breakfast at Windsor Cottage is one or our favorite guest amenities. Beach Village guests enjoy a lovely breakfast in our oceanfront Windsor Cottage, but also guests can plan their daily activities with one of our friendly Host Concierge. When you return, we think you will be pleased with the improvements in the dinner service at Windsor Cottage as well. Thank you again for sharing your Beach Village Experience and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I'm awful at reviews, but this one is especially deserved. My stay at Beach Village was in April 2012. It was my first stay at BV, though I'd been staying at Hotel del Coronado for more than 20 years. My husband and I remember when BV was under construction and watched in delight the phases and remember being offered the opportunity to purchase, not that we could afford it.
So last year while planning an annual trip to the Del, I decided to give BV a try and now can't ever imagine staying in the hotel again.
While the Del maintains beautiful grounds, which BV guests are welcome to use, the private BV grounds are much lovelier.
I stayed in a second floor ocean view villa and didn't hear a peep, only the waves of the ocean. Each night I kept the doors open for the wonderful breezes and sound of the waves.
The room itself was so luxurious, yet beach casual. I don't know where to begin and the photos won't even do it justice, but perhaps they'll help someone in making a decision.
BV staff were wonderful!
As far as dining, I didn't find the Windsor lounge to be anything spectacular, except for the friendly and efficient service. In all of my years of staying (at the Del), I usually dine out, though Sheerwater is good and the Babcock and Story lounge is nice for drinks or a quick bite.
Restaurants I'd recommend in Coronado are Boathouse (dinner), Tent City, Tartine, or Rhinoceros.
I'll stay again and hope to this winter. If you're on the fence over Hotel Del or BV, you won't regret choosing BV.

Room Tip: Definitely pay the bit extra for the ocean view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jim-BVDirector, General Manager at Beach Village at The Del, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Beach Village. I am thrilled your time with us made a lasting impression. On your next visit, we invite you to enjoy a refreshed and improved Windsor Cottage. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

First thing at check in, they said they couldnt find our reservation. turned out our reservation was never put in their system after booking on their own website. Dont ever order anything from the late night menu unless you want to puke. We paid $800 a night for 3 nights and did not even have hot water in the room. called about a billion times no one did anything to resolve the issue. we left early. will never go back to this place. NEVER GO THERE.

Room Tip: all the rooms on beach village has their own water heater according to their staff, and they are abo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jim-BVDirector, General Manager at Beach Village at The Del, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
I truly regret the difficulties you experienced during your recent stay. The team works tirelessly to deliver the exceptional Beach Village Experience we are known to provide. We completely fell short of our own high standards, but more importantly, we failed to exceed your expectations. We take tremendous pride in our guest service experience and deeply apologize if you left feeling anything but completely taken care of. While mechanical failures happen from time to time, it's how the team makes the extra effort to maintain your wonderful experience. I sincerely hope you will return my email and set up a time so that I can learn all I can and work to prevent another experience like yours. Please contact me directly whenever most convenient to you. Again, I apologize for your disappointment and sincerely hope that I may have the opportunity to speak with you soon.
West Bloomfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This resort is amazing! spectacular service the really makes you feel like a V.I.P. I would definetly stay here again but at beach village. Its a lot newer then the hotel which means better accommodations with out that old building smell. The grounds are very well maintained and the beach is beautiful. The service is very friendly and very accommodating. Coronado itself is a very nice place to be to. Trust me spend the money and stay here you wont regret it. The spa is also one of the best I've ever been to.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
U.S.A.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My family spent four nights here just after Labor Day. This is my second time staying at this hotel. We rented a 1 bdrm, full oceanfront cottage suite. Given a few of the mixed reviews on this website, I was a little nervous to spend this much money on a hotel. Fortunately, everything went very smooth and we were sad to leave. Our unit was on the ground floor, so it had a nice fire pit on the patio (we paid $100 extra per night to guarantee this). Some reviewers commented that the furniture was worn or uncomfortable; this was not the case in our unit; everything was in good shape and comfortable. One of our kids slept on the pullout couch and we requested a toddler bed for our younger child. We found the kitchen to be well appointed with everything we needed to cook most meals. In addition to the appliances listed in the room description, it also had a microwave. Breakfast was included and while the food was pretty good, it would have been nice if they had more variety from day to day. Housekeeping did a very good job; they serviced the room twice a day and made sure everything was cleaned up (which was great when it came to dirty dishes, etc.). The concierge staff was very friendly and tried to be helpful. My biggest complaint was that the level of knowledge about the resort and resort services from the concierge varied quite a bit from person to person. Being a 5 star resort, you expect a little bit more. Overall, it was a nice vacation and we are likely to return.

Room Tip: Oceanfront cottage is worth the extra cost. Call reservations to reserve a ground floor unit with f...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Very good location and excellent service. Average rooms and suites. Partial ocean view is still very good. Mediocre, in quality and variety, continental breakfast.
Ground floor rooms are noisy when guests occupy the upper units. Hot tubs and pools close at 8pm.
Overall quality is not proportional to the rates.

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coronado
Glorietta Bay Inn
Pacific Terrace Hotel
Pacific Terrace Hotel
#3 of 273 in San Diego
4.5 of 5 stars 1,545 reviews

Been to Beach Village at The Del? Share your experiences!