- beautiful location right on the beach (we had a cottage guestroom in the first row)
- luxurious guestroom
- big balcony with comfy chairs
- several nicely designed pools right on the beach
- friendly guys at the valet parking (we found they offered the best staff service and were the most friendly)
-service inconsistent (forgot to call uns when room was ready, we waited for 2 hours)
- breakfast is buffet and casual style, but we felt like in a low key self service restaurant (plastic mug for tea).
- windsor cottage is a rather shabby building, chairs are worn out and dirty from the birds. Birds are a big problem (many are around during breakfast)
- staff were having fun together rather than serve you for breakfast, we did not feel welcome
- breakfast selection was ok, but nothing special (espresso costs extra, coffee from the big can was awful)
- dinner at sheerwater (hotel del) was the worst dinner we had during our 3 weeks in the states. The food, the wine, the service, everything was disappointing.
- public space at the beach bar at the del again was low key with sparkling wine in plastic cup, food is self service and delivered on a plastic tray
- room service was inconsistent, sometimes items not replaced, sometimes not cleaned...
- no real privacy on the room balcony (only separated by a small, low wooden "door"
Considering the price for the room, the service, place, food etc. should be top notch. This place is not worth the price at all.
This is a hotel that wants to be 5 stars, but misses for food, service and quality. Would come here for a day trip but not to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive oceanfront enclave of one, two and three bedroom luxury cottages and villas within the iconic setting of the legendary Hotel del Coronado. Units feature spacious dining and living great rooms with cozy fireplaces, and gourmet kitchens. All guests receive amenities such as complimentary breakfast at the oceanfront Windsor Cottage, personal concierge service, upgraded in-room dining options and much more. With exceptional accommodations, unmatched amenities and genuine service, this island retreat reinvents the resort's timeless charm for the 21st century and takes the quintessential beach lifestyle to a new level of sophistication and luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Beach Village at The Del reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Village At The Del Hotel Coronado