Every time we come to San Diego we always stay in Coronado because of the beach. Staying at the beach villas you can't do better for location. The views are magnificent. The villas are beautiful and well equipped but some funny design faults. We had the middle suite with a full kitchen but the closet space is no bigger than a small coat closet. No place to store luggage after you unpack so you have to see it your whole stay. A huge safe takes space in the closet so your dresses cannot hang properly. The rooms are very expensive but I did not get what I ordered or was promised. I asked for a downstairs suite with the fire pit lit each night but when I got there I was put on the upstairs and was told I did not pay for the fire pit. They went to check the notes in my reservation and saw that I had ordered this but they said they could not accommodate me as they were full. They offered to give us a fire on the beach for one night of our stay. I did not think this was good enough. They should of offered the fire pit for free on our next stay or given us some free services or a discount off the room.
Please do not get me wrong. This is a beautiful place. However, when you pay $1400.00 a night for a room you expect to get what you ordered. Checking in just left a bad taste in my mouth.
Making reservations are a bit screwed up because I tried to also book 6 rooms in January and I was told they were completely sold out. Stephanie from concierge called me to see if I would like to make some reservations for dinner and I asked her to check for January to see if any rooms had opened up and they were completely wide open. Stephanie was able to get a entire villa for us and also arranged for a private chef for one night to do a clambake on the beach for us. Stephanie was fantastic but I learned to book directly with Beach Villas and not the hotel.
You cannot beat the location and view but disappointed in service.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Village At The Del Hotel
- Beach Village At The Del Hotel Coronado
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive oceanfront enclave of one, two and three bedroom luxury cottages and villas within the iconic setting of the legendary Hotel del Coronado. Units feature spacious dining and living great rooms with cozy fireplaces, and gourmet kitchens. All guests receive amenities such as complimentary breakfast at Windsor Club Cottage, private concierge service, upgraded in-room dining options and much more. With exceptional accommodations, unmatched amenities and gracious service, this island retreat reinvents the resort's timeless charm for the 21st century and takes the quintessential beach lifestyle to a new level of sophistication. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Beach Village at The Del reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.