- Location - Right across the street from Hotel del Coronado and the beach. Also, within walking distance to Orange Ave business district.
- Price - Standard Room rates were less than $100/night (very good for Coronado)
- Restaurants - Hotel has 3 restaurants connected to it: Miguel's, Miguelito's and Fabrison's. The hotel also provides vouchers for each these restaurants when checking in.
- Size: Standard rooms are very small. Bathrooms are extremely small with barely any counter space. Sink is tiny, shower is cramped.
- Smell: The hallways leading to the standard rooms have a musty carpet smell. We also smelled cigarette smoke from adjacent rooms, even though all are "non-smoking"
- Age: The hotel itself is very old, and is showing its age.
- Water Temp: Unpredictable. When taking a shower, the water may be scolding hot one second, luke warm the next, and cold the next.
- Appliances: No microwave or mini-fridge
- Hotel Staff: Not overly friendly/helpful
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rich in history, natural beauty and a charming Spanish hacienda style. El Cordova Hotel stands in the heart of the Village of Coronado Island, one block from the best beach in San Diego. Shopping, restaurants, theatre and recreational activities are within walking distance and the Hotel has four restaurants and twelve boutique shops on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, TravelClick, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your El Cordova Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cordova Coronado
- Hotel El Cordova