“Location...Location!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Coronado
Phoenix, Arizona
“Location...Location!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The Coronado Inn worked great for our 4th of July vacation. Within walking distance to the bay and located right on Orange Avenue, can't beat the location. Room was clean, cold A/C, maid service everyday, simple continental breakfast every morning. Wi-Fi was hit or miss and they didn't seem to care much about that or the fact our TV only had one channel that was clear. They did reduce our room rate for one night due to the TV situation. There is also road noise due to the incoming traffic from the Coronado Bridge. If your looking for a simple, clean room on Coronado, this is perfect. Don't expect much more. We will stay here again and enjoy the location and reasonable rates! Also kept our bikes in the room, very convenient!

Room Tip: Maybe ask for rooms that don't face 3rd Avenue, lots of road noise but it didn't bother us m...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Mother and i stayed here in feb 2014. When my mum went to jump into her bed she noticed a strong distinct smell from the mattress and it wad Urine. Mum and I are both nurses... we know what urine smells like. They didn't seem to be sorry for it at all but changed us into another room at about 11pm which had dirty (not stained) but dirty towels, a broken toilet and from about 4 am constant traffic outside the window due to the hotel being situated on the intersection on the only way off the island. The next morning we insisted on a partial refund due to the discussing circumstances and made follow up phone calls. They assured us the manager would be in contact with us. We never heard from them. Don't stay here its not worth spending your hard earned money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Rancho Mirage, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is an affordable option for Coronado. Although it is an older property, it is well maintained and clean. I personally like parking in front of my room instead of valet or walking a long distance to a parking lot. I gave it 4 stars for the value, but the property is overall average.

We stayed in room #1 which is as close to both cross streets as you can get, and we didn't have a problem with the traffic noise, although there is some. However, much less during the night while sleeping. The room was large, the vanity area was spacious. The room was modern and there was a large 42 inch flat screen. tv. There is also a decent size refrigerator and microwave in the room. Plenty of counter space and dresser drawers.

The location is close to the bay side, 2 blocks from the ferry. There are a handful of restaurant options, but much less than the beach side of the island, near Hotel Del. If this is your first time to the island, you are going to want to experience the beach side. This is where most of the restaurants and establishments are. The walk there from this hotel is about a mile, but an easy and enjoyable one.

Room Tip: The higher the room number, the farther from the traffic noise. Although even #1 wasnt bad.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I booked on line and when we checked in we were allocated a room at the rear overlooking a back alley. We found it contained only one bed which seemed very small, so we returned to check in and they were able to allocate another room with two beds which was far superior in every way for an extra $10 per night
There wasn't a lot of choice of breakfast items, but we had sufficient to stave our hunger and the rate was very reasonable for Coronado.
We were woken early one morning as the hotel is on the main road, but is within walking distance of the waterfront shops and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Chino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My wife and I stumbled on this hotel on a spur of the moment trip. We chose it because it was a very inexpensive rate for a last minute stay for 1 night. We were so impressed w/ the cleanliness we've now came back every year for 7+ years.

It's within walking distance to the Village Cinema Theater and the Village area where you have plenty of choices for lunch and shopping.

The hotel is also in process of upgrading their rooms w/ Flat Screens and new interior features.

Perfectly priced and accommodated getaway!!!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

First of all I planned this trip at the last minute and switched the hotel the day before check-in! So for all of this last minute action I rated the inn higher than some others might. The inn is small and that made me feel comfortable however the room was a little smaller than I thought it would be but again just a weekend trip so didn't spend much time in the room.. The staff was friendly and I didn't have any issues to rate responsiveness but they seemed helpful if necessary. The inn is not modern but has character which I preferred for this trip! Homey feeling overall in the town and at the inn. Continental breakfast was served and is just sitting out in front of the lobby again I enjoyed the down to earth atmosphere and safe environment. My room was in the back and pretty quiet the two nights I stayed. So overall I would stay again on a short trip. The price was awesome especially since it was last minute and still very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Well I read some of the reviews prior to my reservation but I didn't have any issues with noise...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

At first sight this looks like a cozy cottage. They're renovating the place so there is quite a difference between room 61 and room 18. They've got an amazing customer service approach to their temporary residents. Those that reviewed with poor reviews I will never understand. I found everything to be clean and well maintained. Even in the old room 61. I also found it to be fantastic that within two blocks is the ferry and the bay and a mile the opposite direction is Coronado Beach or imperial beach. Both directions is filled with cafés, restaurants, and shopping! Victor was the person we had the pleasure of doing business with. Amazing place! Fridge and microwave with grills out back! I highly recommend this for a cozy relaxing and happy stress free vacation without the loud tourists, the obnoxious gas prices, and the stress of concerns. We had a fantastic week here and the rates were really phenomenal. The staff went out of their way to ensure we had everything we needed! Management was very open and inviting to any and all feedback. Breakfast selection had variety as well as delicious! If you forgotten your pc, they have computers in the reception area as well as amazing free wifi! Grills are well maintained and easy to use. I have stayed at both of the stuffy resorts and this is much more relaxing. I absolutely loved that our car remained parked the entire week we stayed! Of course, try this place out once and form your own opinion:)

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Coronado Inn? Share your experiences!