“Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Coronado
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I booked on line and when we checked in we were allocated a room at the rear overlooking a back alley. We found it contained only one bed which seemed very small, so we returned to check in and they were able to allocate another room with two beds which was far superior in every way for an extra $10 per night
There wasn't a lot of choice of breakfast items, but we had sufficient to stave our hunger and the rate was very reasonable for Coronado.
We were woken early one morning as the hotel is on the main road, but is within walking distance of the waterfront shops and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My wife and I stumbled on this hotel on a spur of the moment trip. We chose it because it was a very inexpensive rate for a last minute stay for 1 night. We were so impressed w/ the cleanliness we've now came back every year for 7+ years.

It's within walking distance to the Village Cinema Theater and the Village area where you have plenty of choices for lunch and shopping.

The hotel is also in process of upgrading their rooms w/ Flat Screens and new interior features.

Perfectly priced and accommodated getaway!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

First of all I planned this trip at the last minute and switched the hotel the day before check-in! So for all of this last minute action I rated the inn higher than some others might. The inn is small and that made me feel comfortable however the room was a little smaller than I thought it would be but again just a weekend trip so didn't spend much time in the room.. The staff was friendly and I didn't have any issues to rate responsiveness but they seemed helpful if necessary. The inn is not modern but has character which I preferred for this trip! Homey feeling overall in the town and at the inn. Continental breakfast was served and is just sitting out in front of the lobby again I enjoyed the down to earth atmosphere and safe environment. My room was in the back and pretty quiet the two nights I stayed. So overall I would stay again on a short trip. The price was awesome especially since it was last minute and still very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Well I read some of the reviews prior to my reservation but I didn't have any issues with noise...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

At first sight this looks like a cozy cottage. They're renovating the place so there is quite a difference between room 61 and room 18. They've got an amazing customer service approach to their temporary residents. Those that reviewed with poor reviews I will never understand. I found everything to be clean and well maintained. Even in the old room 61. I also found it to be fantastic that within two blocks is the ferry and the bay and a mile the opposite direction is Coronado Beach or imperial beach. Both directions is filled with cafés, restaurants, and shopping! Victor was the person we had the pleasure of doing business with. Amazing place! Fridge and microwave with grills out back! I highly recommend this for a cozy relaxing and happy stress free vacation without the loud tourists, the obnoxious gas prices, and the stress of concerns. We had a fantastic week here and the rates were really phenomenal. The staff went out of their way to ensure we had everything we needed! Management was very open and inviting to any and all feedback. Breakfast selection had variety as well as delicious! If you forgotten your pc, they have computers in the reception area as well as amazing free wifi! Grills are well maintained and easy to use. I have stayed at both of the stuffy resorts and this is much more relaxing. I absolutely loved that our car remained parked the entire week we stayed! Of course, try this place out once and form your own opinion:)

• Stayed June 2014
Pickering
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

We booked the Coronado Inn for a week because it had a kitchen and would save us some money eating out. From the parking lot things didn't appear too awful, and then we walked into our room. The entrance was into the living space and the smell was terrible. Kind of mildewy. There were two full size beds in the sleeping area dressed in tattered/torn bedspreads, and the only method of cooling the entire suite was with the window air conditioner in this room. The floor from the bedroom into the bathroom and kitchen was uneven and you couldn't tell whether it was dirty or not. There was an old tub with remnants of non stick stickons on the floor and you couldn't tell if it we're clean or not. Had you wanted to take a bath, you would've had to put the rubber disc over top of the drain hole because there was no levered drain cover.....just a gaping hole. Enter the kitchen. The refrigerator was missing parts on the inside that made refrigerated storage space tight. The stove/oven was gas, missing a grate, and with an oven that would not fire. Also, the stovetop was so hot to the touch with never being used that my husband called the front desk and was told they would call a maintenance man. No call, no one showed. Husband calls next day and they send a non English speaking housekeeper to evaluate the situation, and again no one to address the problem. Speaking of the housekeeping staff, we saw them every morning in the alley behind the hotel dumpster diving for aluminum cans. Our sons room had its own set of issues, but most troubling was the electric outlet behind the bed that was hanging out of the box. Up to code? Don't think so. Has WiFi, but is so slow I could never use it. Do yourself a favor and book somewhere else. We only stayed three days because the Best Western didn't have a vacancy right away.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Forest Grove, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Absolutely horrible!!!!!!! The location is the only reason this place is still in business. The door to the room had huge gaps in it, the iron was old and stained my dress, everything in the hotel looks like they bought everything from goodwill in 1980. The ironing board was filthy & disgusting; I went to the front desk and asked for a decent one and they gave me another in the same condition. Then early in the morning the housekeeping staff were making tons of noise rolling around carts and talking to each other so loud that it sounded like they were yelling at each other. My fiancé asked the front desk attendant to tell them to be quiet for sleeping customers. They were quiet for about 10 minutes then were back to yelling at each other. We checked out right away and left angry. Then we tried to speak to the manager who will not return any messages and refuses to call me back. This place is completely unprofessional and needs to be completely renovated. I have stayed in hostels in Mexico that were significantly better than this. Also, there was no venting in the bathroom and there was a dumpster directly at the bathroom window.

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you are desperate for a place to sleep and be woken up really early. Room 11...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Orangevale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights and was more than happy with cleanliness and comfort. Nice continental breakfast as well! Parking spots are gone after 7 pm and must park on street. Pool was clean too! Clean budget hotel in good location!

Room Tip: Rooms have wood mini-blinds and let alot of light in. Do not stay here if light in a room bothers y...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Coronado Inn? Share your experiences!