“Will be back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 18 hotels in Coronado
San Diego, California
“Will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I had our house tented and needed a hotel for the weekend. We found this adorable, quaint hotel. It was on a busy street so I was a little nervous about the noise at night (I'm a light sleeper) but we asked for a room off the street and slept well. They informed us they had just gotten new beds and they were very comfortable (and I'm very picky). The staff was helpful and even let us make a bagel after the continental breakfast was over. I will bring out of towners and family here. I only recommend asking for a room off the street.

Room Tip: Ask for room off the street
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Poway, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Highly recommend this place if you are wanting to enjoy Coronado on a budget. The rooms were cleans and comfortable. We stayed in a room with a kitchen which was great because I love to cook when I am on vacation (cooking is actually fun when you aren't rushing home from work starving and trying to whip something together). It is super close to the Coronado Brewing Company which has great microbrews. There is also a pretty good continental breakfast in the morning. For what you pay, you literally can't beat it!

Room Tip: Get a room with a kitchen if you don't want to eat out for every meal. There is a grocery store...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The room was cozy, quiet at night, free wifi and its just a ten minute drive to downtown. The staff was really nice and attentive. Theres a swimming pool in the back but we didnt have time to use it. Overall great experience, and at a pretty low rate, hard to come by in Coronado Island. I'll definitely stay at Coronado Inn next time i visit San Diego. Thanks Erin for all your help!

Room Tip: Room 4 is our fav
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Sunlight, Surf Steps Away. . . but, most importantly, SERVICE, SERVICE, SERVICE !

Old-time, old school hospitality just short of downtown, the Ferry, the naval bases, and, of course,
Coronado Downtown shopping and cuisine! We stopped in just for a one-night visit to the island, and obtained a month's worth of grande clean and personal contact from the front desk through the housekeepers, and even were professionally greeted by the Manageress.
The Coronado Inn is now on our permanent list. Classically quaint with all of the technical benefits. . . including a continental breakfast.

Don & N.B.Georgia
Sonoran Bay Music

Room Tip: Ask the front for the type of room you especially prefer. Helpful, knowledgeable and very personabl...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Naples, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Booked for Coronado Inn; was housed in Coronado Island Inn, which required 2 street crossings at one of Coronado's busiest intersections with long traffic lights to access main desk/amenities. Traffic noise was horrible, waking me up before 6 am each day as traffic from the main bridge to the island passed by, headed to naval base. Lots of motorcycles. Room quite clean; wi-fi unusable. Most times you must hunt for parking on the street, not at the hotel. Mine was a prepaid booking and I was put in a lower cost room. Neither the hotel nor the booking agent (major name starting with "O") would refund my credit card for the difference despite what their website says; O only offered a travel voucher but I won't use them again for hotel booking. I survived but would not recommend this unless you are very hardy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have stayed twice at the Coronado Inn and the second time, I found myself much more contented. Let's be honest--it must be one of if not the cheapest hotel on the island, so it's not surprising that it lacks a few amenities. My room was clean with one lamp that worked pretty well. The tvs are old with clumsy remotes; my bed was comfortable and the shower, while very small, worked fine. If you're looking for a bit of chic, stay elsewhere. If you're looking for an inexpensive and basic hotel, you couldn't do better.

Room Tip: It's what used to be called a "motor court," so cars park close to the rooms on the in...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Ok, I went to Coronado to attend a conference at the Hotel del Coronado. I got the ticket late, so all the other hotels were booked. I knew going into this adventure that it wouldn't be the nicest of places, and I figured, since I was on a business trip, all I really cared about was a clean bed and a shower. Coronado is a pleasant place, so it was in a decent area, but that's about all it has to offer. The "continental breakfast" is cold cereal and bad bagels served on the front steps of the office, in the parking lot. The place has been there a while, as is evidenced by the very worn everything. I wound up in the building in back of the property, with a screen door that had it's knob mounted in the same space where the door knob sat, so the two doors could not both close at the same time. Which isn't a big deal, except the screen door flapped open and semi-closed all night long. Several blinds were broken, they didn't even replace the tiny bars of soap daily... I was there for 4 days, used the same nub of soap the entire time. It was a mile walk to to Hotel del Coronado, which was pleasant. There are a lot of restaurants, pubs, stores, and a movie theater within 10 minute walk of the property, so that was nice. The TVs barely worked, the remotes not at all, and they did nothing about it when I asked. Since I spent so little time in the room, I chose to ignore the issues and make the most of my time in Coronado. I would have had an entirely different attitude if i were staying there for leisure or if I had to spend any significant time on the property. I wouldn't recommend this place for anyone, I'd stay away.

Room Tip: Go to another facility
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Coronado Inn? Share your experiences!