“Hospitality Far Above And Beyond !” 5 of 5 stars

Coronado Inn
266 Orange Avenue, Coronado, CA 92118   |
Ranked #15 of 19 hotels in Coronado
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Hospitality Far Above And Beyond !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Sunlight, Surf Steps Away. . . but, most importantly, SERVICE, SERVICE, SERVICE !

Old-time, old school hospitality just short of downtown, the Ferry, the naval bases, and, of course,
Coronado Downtown shopping and cuisine! We stopped in just for a one-night visit to the island, and obtained a month's worth of grande clean and personal contact from the front desk through the housekeepers, and even were professionally greeted by the Manageress.
The Coronado Inn is now on our permanent list. Classically quaint with all of the technical benefits. . . including a continental breakfast.

Don & N.B.Georgia
Sonoran Bay Music

Room Tip: Ask the front for the type of room you especially prefer. Helpful, knowledgeable and very personabl...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Naples, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Booked for Coronado Inn; was housed in Coronado Island Inn, which required 2 street crossings at one of Coronado's busiest intersections with long traffic lights to access main desk/amenities. Traffic noise was horrible, waking me up before 6 am each day as traffic from the main bridge to the island passed by, headed to naval base. Lots of motorcycles. Room quite clean; wi-fi unusable. Most times you must hunt for parking on the street, not at the hotel. Mine was a prepaid booking and I was put in a lower cost room. Neither the hotel nor the booking agent (major name starting with "O") would refund my credit card for the difference despite what their website says; O only offered a travel voucher but I won't use them again for hotel booking. I survived but would not recommend this unless you are very hardy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have stayed twice at the Coronado Inn and the second time, I found myself much more contented. Let's be honest--it must be one of if not the cheapest hotel on the island, so it's not surprising that it lacks a few amenities. My room was clean with one lamp that worked pretty well. The tvs are old with clumsy remotes; my bed was comfortable and the shower, while very small, worked fine. If you're looking for a bit of chic, stay elsewhere. If you're looking for an inexpensive and basic hotel, you couldn't do better.

Room Tip: It's what used to be called a "motor court," so cars park close to the rooms on the in...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Ok, I went to Coronado to attend a conference at the Hotel del Coronado. I got the ticket late, so all the other hotels were booked. I knew going into this adventure that it wouldn't be the nicest of places, and I figured, since I was on a business trip, all I really cared about was a clean bed and a shower. Coronado is a pleasant place, so it was in a decent area, but that's about all it has to offer. The "continental breakfast" is cold cereal and bad bagels served on the front steps of the office, in the parking lot. The place has been there a while, as is evidenced by the very worn everything. I wound up in the building in back of the property, with a screen door that had it's knob mounted in the same space where the door knob sat, so the two doors could not both close at the same time. Which isn't a big deal, except the screen door flapped open and semi-closed all night long. Several blinds were broken, they didn't even replace the tiny bars of soap daily... I was there for 4 days, used the same nub of soap the entire time. It was a mile walk to to Hotel del Coronado, which was pleasant. There are a lot of restaurants, pubs, stores, and a movie theater within 10 minute walk of the property, so that was nice. The TVs barely worked, the remotes not at all, and they did nothing about it when I asked. Since I spent so little time in the room, I chose to ignore the issues and make the most of my time in Coronado. I would have had an entirely different attitude if i were staying there for leisure or if I had to spend any significant time on the property. I wouldn't recommend this place for anyone, I'd stay away.

Room Tip: Go to another facility
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Traverse City, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

got there late, put us in a room, the heater blew out smoke and set the smoke detector off, blinds broken, the other room the heater did not work at all. got home from vacation and the double charged us for one night!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This inn was a very good value. We debated staying in downtown San Diego, but chose this place instead because the location is perfect for a stroll on the beach in the morning or evening and with parking included is a great value for the San Diego area and very close to downtown sites. It is really the best of both worlds.

• Stayed June 2012
Denio, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

August was my 2nd time staying here, the other was two summers ago. Coronado is a very expensive island to stay on, so the rates here are more than reasonable. Unfortunately, you get what you pay for. The first stay was across the street from the main lobby, and the rooms were really small, and pretty basic. You had to walk across the street (2 cross walks) to the main building, pool, continental breakfast, etc...It wasn't so bad that it stuck in my memory, although my family complained a lot... So this last trip, I thought "what the heck". I got a room with 2 queens, and it was located near the lobby building and pool. This time, I won't forget my complaints! I had ants like crazy in the room, and right outside. I could have overlooked it, but there were so many- in my suitcase, in my makeup bag, just everywhere.The room was sparse, but decent, but the mattresses weren't sleep-inducing in the least. But being August, and hating heat, I was just happy the AC worked, because I couldn't cool off in the pool. It hadn't been skimmed, and all the ants that weren't in my room were floating in the pool, along with every other bug on the block. Luckily, I had family on the island staying at the Marriott, which had an amazing pool. Long story kind of short, the facilities left a lot to be desired, but the staff was really helpful and nice, so... if you want an inexpensive stay in Coronado, and are willing to sacrifice a little comfort, this would be the spot... If you want a clean pool and a comfy bed, be willing to pay a bit more.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Coronado Inn? Share your experiences!