“Absolutely Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Santa Clarita, California
“Absolutely Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We planned a get-away to Glen Ivy Spa/Springs but did not book reservations at any of the many of the hotels available in the Corona area. We had chosen 4 properties to look at, including the Ayres Suites West. After our searching out the other properties, we chose the Ayres West! We were warmly welcomed by the front desk staff, shown 4 different rooms before being shown the room we finally chose. We had a king sized bed that was seperated by a wet bar from the sitting area which included a queen size couch and fireplace. The beds are custom made for the Ayres properties, very comfortable. The rooms were very clean and well stocked with towels, toiletries and coffee. My only complaint was that the bed did not have a warm enough blanket/comforter on it. I'm sure if I had called for an extra blanket it would have been promptly brought to me. They serve a wonderful, fully cooked hot breakfast also, just adding to the comforts of this property. They had a great Happy Hour.....beer, wine, soft drinks, and a full meal! That to me was quite a surprise. I've never been to a Happy Hour where I was served salad, lasagna, chips, salsa, sliders, relish tray! It was dinner!
I really want to compliment the front desk staff. Management takes care to hire only the most personable people! Everyone went out of their way to make our stay stress-free!
Just an FYI, if you go to Glen Ivy, the hotel offers a room discount, so please remember to take your receipt from the Spa to get their great room discount!

Room Tip: Ask to see rooms that are available.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Gilroy, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

It was not a typical hotel. The front office looked like something out of Disneyland in a good way. My daughter joined me for a workshop and their extra large room that included a marble bar counter provided separate sleeping areas.The complementary breakfast included options such as fresh fruit and yogurt, waffles or eggs, hash-browns and bacon.
However, the staff is what made their hotel stand out. Jamie welcomed me and provided me with a nice cup of freshly brewed rich coffee--something I needed after a long drive.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

Very personal not corporate! These guys are a step ahead of the big hotel chains... If you stay there a couple times, you'll notice they start to remember you! Very good customer service and the rooms more than meet my needs. I travel to Corona 2x a month, and this really makes the trip easy!

Comfy Rooms
Great Breakfast (real breakfast)
Happy Hour (just tip!!)
Reasonable prices...
Too many accommodations to list!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

Our party (2 adults, teen, preteen) was very pleased with the room. The room was clean, updated, attractive and comfortable. The rates were very reasonable. Service was excellent. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Schererville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

We chose the general area this hotel is in because we flew info LAX and were planning on heading down the 15 to North County (San Diego) the next morning. We honestly couldn't have been more pleased with the Ayres.

The room was large, sitting area, desk, bed. We were in the "rustic" themed outside entrance portion of the hotel. Upon entering our room we found a nice size leather couch and a coffee table. The desk was across from the couch. Next to the couch was a small sink, and a counter top with a microwave & frig below. On the other side of the counter was a super comfy bed. Nice mattress & pillows. Beyond that was the bathroom area. The furniture was in good shape. Everything appeared to be real wood (not chipboard junk). The headboard was this nifty wood & what looked like rusted-metal-combo thing. Totally "rustic." This hotel was the first that I encountered the "insert the key into the wall for power" idea. I get the point, then people don't leave the room with the tv & all of the lights on. The problem is that the outlets are part of this scheme too, so the alarm clock is affected. Not too smart, how about battery back-up? I don't think I'd be too pleased to have to fumble with the key thing while going back & forth to the car if I was traveling alone and had only 1 key.

Since we were on the "rustic" side, we had to check in at the other building, then head over to our building. The other building was also where breakfast was hosted. Sort of a pain. Since we were in the outside entrance building we had a haul from the car to the room. You have to access the rooms through a gate that you swipe your room key in, or through the lobby. Great for security, pain for unloading luggage. Man was I angry with myself when I realized I had left my phone charger out in the car! Even the rooms that face the parking spaces have no parking lot access, thru the gate every time.

The pool looked nice, but it was kind of chilly out..

Location wise, the hotel sits right on the frontage road along the 91.

I thought the front desk staff was great. Housekeeping seemed to do a good job. My "service" issue came from the breakfast staff. I despise being asked to leave a tip for the cook near where she hands me my omelet. If they are paying her server wages and tips to cook my food that's her issue. I'll tip if I want, don't "remind" me. Then I see there are cards on all of the tables reminding the guests to tip the breakfast staff. Look, it's a serve yourself buffet. The staff doesn't make the waffles, they don't bring me more coffee, they even reminded people where dishes & trash go before they leave. Why would I leave a tip? Sorry, no.

I'd totally stay at this hotel again if I was out as far as Corona. Totally convenient to the freeway. I can't speak for the area food, shopping, entertainment, etc options, we didn't look for any of these.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
las vegas, nv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

Stayed a little too long in Disney and knew we needed to stop for the night on our way back to Nv. First time we ever got a room 1/2 way home... but we always stop in Corona for the delicious carnitas at Miguels (ummmm) and remembered that the Ayres hotel is right nect door so we called 411 and got transfered and booked it!

Upon arrival we were disappointed to find that, information had transfered us to the "other Ayres hotel." We'll we had dinner, then went in search of the hotel and after a few turns were pleasently surprised at the cottage appearance (very different from the business like Ayres East (we now know there are East and West hotels in Corona).

It was late and dark and the neighboorhood looked a little low end but we entered and it was very relaxing inside. the lobby and staff all very accomodating (my son curled up in a chair as if at home... it has that feel of visiting someone's home). Check in was a breeze, the room was clean, the view nice (lots of trees) and the beds were heaven!

We ventured out to the little store just on the other side of the parking lot (similar to a drug store with out a pharmacy) nothing to write home about, but it had some souveniers and we bought inexpensive sandels and a toy.

Next morning, free breakfast and it was fresh and delicious!

I've recommemed it to friends and family and they loved it's charm as well.

My Mother just called me trying to book and did not want to make the mistake of booking the East one as she had done that once before and was disappointed with the strange 1/2 wall in between the two beds... good for a business trip (ah, personal space) but for hanging out with an old friend, hard to "catch up" with a wall in the way ... :)

Anyhow, it reminded me to write the review. When we stop for an overnight, we stay here. She's going there is 2 days, so if it's somethig has changed drastically, I'll update this.

By the way, the neighborhood was not bad in the morning...perception was off at night I guess.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

Our group stayed here for a large dog show at Prado prak. The staff was great and very helpfull. The pet areas clean with bags provided. The rooms super nice! So clean and fresh. Beds so comfortable I wanted to bring it home lol. The breakfast was a bit basic and bland but over all good. The courtyard is very nice ,our group spent great evening in it and they allowed us to bring in outside food. The pool is quite and clean. The surrounding location not very pretty lol but easy freeway access. Del taco and In And out within a mile. Good Mexican resteraunt right next door. Highly recommend to people with pets . Prado Park was less then 10 minutes away so perfect for people with events there. Will definatley make this our place to stay whenever in So CA. The only slight drawback is they had no phone book in room and nothing available on local resteraunts or attractions like many hotels do.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Ayres Suites Corona West? Share your experiences!