“No surprises...” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manitowaning, Canada
“No surprises...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Typical HI Express...quick check-in, clean rooms, WiFi works, parking for IHG Gold and Platinum Members, cold fridge, expected breakfast...we chose this one primarily for location and weren't disappointed. Good value...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corona, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
I am so sorry that we did not stand out to you during your recent stay with us. Our goal is to always be more than just a typical Holiday Inn Express. We want to stand out to our guests. I hope that you will stay with us again and give up a chance to truly shine with our customer service! Thank you again for taking the time to leave us feed back on Tripadvisor!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Casper
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

They say a picture is worth a thousand words right? Ive taken them for you and are attached. Location? VERY convient, yet it comes with a price......traffic noise. Roo, 326 is small...im looking forward to the breakfast, they put a "menu" up in the elevator, for the week.. the shower is a bit unique, tv? Theres a pic of the stations,..(about 20) the king size bed is comfy, ample pillows, SMALL ROOM, no microwave, no fridge, no coffee maker. Pool is open from from 7am - 10pm.....um, isnt this supposed to be a vacation? Why am i limited to a time of hot tub?

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us on Tripadvisor. We do appreciate the time it took to not only leave us feedback but pictures as well! I do want to apologize for the lack of a coffeemaker. Each room should come equipped with one. And thank you for the tip on the pool hours. They are only meant to keep noise levels down so guests can sleep, but you should be entitled to relax on a vacation. I hope other than those few things you were able to enjoy your stay with us and will return!
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel only for one night but I was impressed. You know how you get out of the car, check in, go to the room, go to sleep, wake up, get breakfast and leave? Well, that was pretty much last night's stay. Except that I was impressed by this property even before I got out of the car. Usually, by the time I get to the hotel it is late and there is no parking anywhere close to the entrance. Well, to my surprise, there were several parking spots right next to the front door. When I parked I noticed the sign stating "Reserved for our Platinum Members" and "Reserved for our Gold Members". I thought: That's nice. That's some recognition for being platinum that is worth a little more than the big smile and the front desk clerk saying "Thank you for being a Platinum Member", which also happened.
I was greeted by a very nice young lady, who checked me in very quickly and with a big smile. She offered me a bottle of water and sent me on my way to my room.
At the elevator, there was a sign that listed the menu choices for breakfast. That was nice, because I could chose if I wanted to leave early and drive through someplace or stay for breakfast.
When I got to the room I was surprised again. Sounds too good to be true but there was a power outlet with 4 (believe me, 4...) outlets. As a frequent traveler, it is one of my biggest needs; finding available power outlets near the bed. And these ones were right behind the night table. You can never have too many power outlets.
Aside from those details, the hotel was what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. It was clean, well light, spacious and comfortable. All the needs for a business traveler were met. I was very happy. The front desk clerk was super friendly and very professional. The lady at the breakfast room was very nice and attentive. I was very impressed with how well I was treated.
I usually give the Holiday Inn Express hotels a 4 but the details on this one made it a 5.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corona, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
This is one of the most rewarding Tripadvisor post I have ever read ! It is such a great feeling knowing that all the little things we do here at the Holiday Inn Express Corona did not go unnoticed during your stay with us ! We try to make every guest's stay feel memorable and I am so glad that our hotel left such a great impression on you. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback and we hope to see you again soon !
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Warm and friendly desk, management, and breakfast staff - gave us a suite for the standard rate "since they weren't full that night," opinions on how to avoid the highway traffic to a late appointment, permission for my daughter and I to use the hot tub late after being in the car all day, welcoming/cozy lounge for the insomniac in our group, on-time 6 a.m. breakfast. Customer service like we don't see much anymore - made to feel like regulars/friends even though it was our first visit. Room was very clean. A bit noisy on the hwy side, talking in the hallway, could hear neighbor above walking around; but I haven't ever stayed in a really quiet chain hotel. We had earplugs, and maybe we should have run the a/c for the hum. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: might try for top floor, back side (away from hwy)
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Our goal with all of our guest is to make sure they feel welcomed and taken care of when they stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Corona. I am so thrilled that we were able to reach that goal with you ! I hope that you stay with us again real soon! And thank you again for taking the time to leave us such a great review on our Tripadvisor page!
Clarkston, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Holiday Inn has always been a consistent fixture in my travels when looking for a place to stay. I was in Corona for a job servicing machines for a local machine shop and was given a room that was adequate and clean. It was a little noisy around me and the wifi was flaking out a little so I called to let the front counter know. Berenice picked up and made some calls immediately to resolve this issue and moved me to a nicer room that happened to be available.

In addition to prompt attention, No other hotel that I have been to has had such a warm and lovely front counter to welcome you as you passed by the door. She even remembered me from a couple months prior and greeted me by name. No small feat considering the number of guests that come and go.

She follows through on any request to make sure I am happy. This I say is the greatest asset any hospitality business could have.

I know this review seemed more like a gush about Berenice Bucio rather than Holiday Inn, but in my view, she represented Holiday Inn in the best possible way.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor with Balcony are very comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for leaving us such valuable feedback from your last stay! We take such pride in all of our staff members. I am so pleased that Ms. Berenice was able to leave such a memorable mark on you ! I hope to see you back here again and thank you so much for leaving such a positive review! It will be passed on to Berenice!
Santa Maria, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

They are ready for the Holidays! It was great to come in and see the staff so excited the Holidays where coming! It felt like home had Christmas Decorations up Christmas Music playing in the back ground. Michelle and Monica are the best! If you have any problems with your stay just give them a call and they will take care of it right away! I can't wait to come back and see them and their Beautiful Simles! Thanks for a another great stay!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Michelle G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corona, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
It is always great to hear from you Mr.M ! We are glad that we have repeatedly been able to greet you with such great service and a big smile. We look forward to the holidays here and love decorating for them! Can’t wait to see you again!
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I am a platinum member with IHG but had never stayed at the Corona Holiday Inn Express. I came in late and asked the front desk attendant for advice on the area. She was very professional and gave me excellent advice on where to go in order to complete my tasks in a short period of time. She took her time and even wrote down a few notes for me, all with a smile and a 'happy-to-help' attitude. Her directions and recommendations were spot-on and she saved me a lot of time. The room was excellent but the staff really made the difference. Whenever I am in Corona, I will be staying with your hotel. Kudos to your staff and especially the young lady (Bernice?) who helped me on the evening of 11-25-13.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corona, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review on Tripadvisor. We truly appreciate not only the time it takes to write a review but that we were able to leave a memorable memory with you! Our staff tries during all shifts to maintain a bubbly up-beat personality. It’s great that Bernice was able to deliver such top notch service to you. Especially as a Platinum member we know you travel quite a bit, and the fact that our hotel stayed with you makes us very ecstatic! We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corona? Share your experiences!