“Offensively big portions.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
TAPS Fish House & Brewery - Dos Lagos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 305 Restaurants in Corona
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Weirick / Temescal Canyon
Nochistlan, Mexico
“Offensively big portions.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I was there last Saturday in the patio for a wedding anniversary I thought that it was a fine dinning restaurant, but the portions were offensively big, I have to say that I like the bread that they served, the salad was Cesar, but the dressing had too much garlic, the entree was herb roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and asparragus, they gave me literally half of chicken in my plate, It was a LOT of food, and don't think that a fine dinning restaurant would serve that! The chicken didn't had a lot of flavor and it was though, you could bearly find the mashed potatoes covered completely by The chicken, nobody finished their food and everybody thought that it was disgustingly big.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

California
“Great food great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I ate at Tap's tonight for the first time. The service was exceptional. I was tired after a long day and they made my day nicer. I ordered the Pistachio Crusted Sea Bass and it came with Yukon gold potatoes. I requested asparagus instead and they happily accommodated me. Have you ever had bread with hot sauce? I have and it's great. I found it a little pricy but the service was beyond exceptional. The Sea Bass was delicious. All in all a great dining experience. I would definitely go back and can recommend it.

Visited April 2013
Los Angeles
“Awful Food & Experience – avoid like the plague.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Today my wife and I tried Taps Sunday brunch again – even after another bad experience I had had previous, she wanted to go so I went. I highly recommend never going there and tell all your friends how bad our Sunday Brunch experience was.
Let me sum up the food and service in a single word “AWFUL” and the service was pathetic. The sushi they served had NO Flavor, the miniature shrimp looked like they came out of a can and tasted even worse and the roast beef was so tough I almost asked for a chain saw to cut it. When I asked for bread or toast – I was told they don’t serve bread or toast with the Brunch. Most of the food on the buffet lines was cold and I would not feed half of it to my dog in fear of him getting sick. I ordered 3 eggs over easy and my wife ordered an omelet. After 25 minutes of waiting for the eggs and more than 30 minutes of waiting for my wife’s omelet, I cornered our server who was busy visiting and having a good time with her friends at the adjacent table while ignoring her other customers. I asked her what happened to my eggs, she became very rude and arrogant. She made it clear I would get them when the cooks felt like cooking them and then tried to patronize me and patted me on my shoulder “You NEVER touch a customer – EVER” and stomped away. We waited an additional 5 minutes and I had to interrupt her again while she was busy visiting with her friends at the adjacent table again and asked to get me the store manager. After about 5 minutes the “Personnel Manger – Hector Rodriguez came up at the same time my eggs arrived they were fried so hard you could use them as a Frisbee and my wife was still waiting for her omelet. He wasn’t much helpful either – I express to him how bad the food and service was – he really didn’t seem to care – I told him I wasn’t going to pay for my meal and in a real smart mouth way he told us to have a good day. He had no intention of trying to make things right. What a jerk!!!!
We left and hell will freeze over before I will go near that place again. There are much better restaurants’ next door with great food and superior service.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I have seen taps oc so on the way home decided to try it after saw the reviews the food was ok nothing jump out for me i had the mac cheese was soso the rest of the food had was ok, i could of had the same at another fine dining restaurants i was waiting for it to jump out at me.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Collins, CO
“Scrumptious!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I asked the front desk at our hotel for their best seafood recommendation in the area and without hesitation they sent us to Taps. I am not necessarily easy to please when it comes to seafood. It's all in the preparation, and not just any chef can do it well. I ordered the sea scallops, and the dish was delicious beyond any expectation! The service was nothing special. The atmosphere was enjoyable enough. Though if I ever visit this area again, I would return to Taps for the food!

• Visited January 2013