“Awful Food & Experience – avoid like the plague.” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
TAPS Fish House & Brewery - Dos Lagos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 276 Restaurants in Corona
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Entertaining clients, Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Weirick / Temescal Canyon
Los Angeles
“Awful Food & Experience – avoid like the plague.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Today my wife and I tried Taps Sunday brunch again – even after another bad experience I had had previous, she wanted to go so I went. I highly recommend never going there and tell all your friends how bad our Sunday Brunch experience was.
Let me sum up the food and service in a single word “AWFUL” and the service was pathetic. The sushi they served had NO Flavor, the miniature shrimp looked like they came out of a can and tasted even worse and the roast beef was so tough I almost asked for a chain saw to cut it. When I asked for bread or toast – I was told they don’t serve bread or toast with the Brunch. Most of the food on the buffet lines was cold and I would not feed half of it to my dog in fear of him getting sick. I ordered 3 eggs over easy and my wife ordered an omelet. After 25 minutes of waiting for the eggs and more than 30 minutes of waiting for my wife’s omelet, I cornered our server who was busy visiting and having a good time with her friends at the adjacent table while ignoring her other customers. I asked her what happened to my eggs, she became very rude and arrogant. She made it clear I would get them when the cooks felt like cooking them and then tried to patronize me and patted me on my shoulder “You NEVER touch a customer – EVER” and stomped away. We waited an additional 5 minutes and I had to interrupt her again while she was busy visiting with her friends at the adjacent table again and asked to get me the store manager. After about 5 minutes the “Personnel Manger – Hector Rodriguez came up at the same time my eggs arrived they were fried so hard you could use them as a Frisbee and my wife was still waiting for her omelet. He wasn’t much helpful either – I express to him how bad the food and service was – he really didn’t seem to care – I told him I wasn’t going to pay for my meal and in a real smart mouth way he told us to have a good day. He had no intention of trying to make things right. What a jerk!!!!
We left and hell will freeze over before I will go near that place again. There are much better restaurants’ next door with great food and superior service.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have seen taps oc so on the way home decided to try it after saw the reviews the food was ok nothing jump out for me i had the mac cheese was soso the rest of the food had was ok, i could of had the same at another fine dining restaurants i was waiting for it to jump out at me.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Collins, CO
“Scrumptious!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I asked the front desk at our hotel for their best seafood recommendation in the area and without hesitation they sent us to Taps. I am not necessarily easy to please when it comes to seafood. It's all in the preparation, and not just any chef can do it well. I ordered the sea scallops, and the dish was delicious beyond any expectation! The service was nothing special. The atmosphere was enjoyable enough. Though if I ever visit this area again, I would return to Taps for the food!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Good food and nice patio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This place has good food and a great patio that overlooks the lake. In chillier weather the fit pits are nice warm places to gather around and enjoy a beverage.

Visited June 2012
Kearney, NE
“Very good food... Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a great table right by the open kitchen area. Good food and even better service. I'm not a fish or specialty beer/wine drinker and I was still able to find menu choices that worked for me

• Visited January 2013