a) It is chintzy that a Platinum does not get free breakfasts. Hilton HHonors Diamond is much better in this regard
b) Not enough electrical outlets near desk
c) Was nice to have a Keurig. Was frustrating to have only decaf pods in the room. Was even more frustrating to ask for more coffee to be delivered and was brought some kind of coffee for a completely different coffeemaker. Gave up and went and just bought some across the street.
d) If you're going to have a LOUD New Years Eve party, you should warn people in advance.
e) Entrance K keylock was broken the entire stay. No key needed to access the hotel. Poor security.
f) "Heated" pool -- NOT! This was the coldest allegedly heated pool I've ever encountered. We booked the hotel in order to allow our grandchildren to swim. It was too cold to do so.
g) Light fixture in pool/spa area between the pool and the spa was not attached and could be knocked off the pedestal and glass shattered. Bad safety hazard indicative of poor maintenance.
i) The morning our young grandchildren attempted to swim, at one point a maintenance person swung a hose from over the fence into the pool nearly hitting one of them.
j) Unlike the pool, the spa was almost dangerously hot. Too bad the pool and the spa couldn't have mated and gotten decent temperatures in both.
I'll go back to the Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, or Hilton next time.
The staff at the front desk and all the housekeeping staff were very nice and very helpful and very courteous. There do appear to be staff training issues, maintenance issues. Overall impression is that this is a tired property that could do with a complete gutting and re-do
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Concord Hotel Concord
- Crowne Plaza Concord Hotel
- Concord Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Crowne Plaza Concord hotel is a full service property with 324 spacious guest rooms, offering all the amenities you expect including complimentary high-speed Internet access, complimentary parking and shuttle service. We are located conveniently in the San Francisco - East Bay area, right off highway 680, 25 minutes away from Oakland Airport and only 35 minutes east of downtown San Francisco. Our meeting and banquet facility offers over 33,000 square feet of flexible function space, including our California Ballroom, Sequoia Amphitheater and our beautiful indoor Atrium with lush gardens and koi ponds, a perfect setting for weddings and special events. The Crowne Plaza Concord has an appealing array of features and services that are sure to please. While you are here, you will appreciate the business center and you are sure to enjoy the indoor pool and whirlpool and NEW Vineyards Chop House - BAR on-sit. Concord is home to a multitude of corporate businesses, restaurants, shopping centers and department stores. Business travelers, families and visitors can enjoy Buchanan Fields Golf Course right next to the hotel, Concord's Waterworld California, nearby Mount Diablo, Blackhawk Automotive Museum, and Napa Valley Wine Country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Crowne Plaza Concord reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.