“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Concord
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Friendly service, well maintained, easy access to highways and food. Stayed 2 nights and it was quiet and comfortable. The room service delivered hot and delicious food, on time. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Aaron O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Anna D,

Thank you for the great review! We are pleased to hear that your stay exceeded your expectaitons. We look forward to your next visit.

Aaron Olson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I spend over 100 nights a year in hotels (mostly Holiday Inn Properties) and have stayed in this one several times including 17 days in November. The hotel is quite old but they do a fairly good job of maintaining it. Location is very convienent to shopping and resturants. Even the hotel resturant is pretty good if you dont want to venture out.

The hotel always seems to be crowded and often hosts larger group events. Some nights you can hardly find a parking space.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Aaron O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
A P,

Thank you for your loyalty to IHG and for staying with us at the Crowne Plaza Concord. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the convenient location of the hotel as well as our terrific restaurant, Vineyards Restaurant-Bar. November was an extremely busy month at the hotel for meetings leading to a very full parking lot on a few occasions. We are happy to provide sufficient, complimentary parking space to accomodate all hotel guests as well as meeting attendees even during the busiest days, although we do understand that locating a parking space adjacent to your guest room may be difficult at times.

Thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza very soon.

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel cause early morning we had a flight from the airport. Location is very convenient. Closest hotel to the airport if you have a flight from here. Rooms are clean, service nice. Business environment. This is former sheraton hotel. They keep up high standarts.

• Stayed May 2013
Fresno, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Was a nice facility for a Saturday night stay -- spent the weekend in the Bay Area, and wanted an inexpensive room but reliable brand - and I'm a rewards member with IHG.

Was a great price, room was clean, bed was comfortable. Room itself was ok size, but this is an older property and the bathroom was small but adequate. Had a 40th reunion happening in the atrium, and was fun to watch the 50 somethings rocking out to 70s music!

This wouldn't be destination hotel in my book, but staff was friendly, proximity to the freeway was good, and the facility was clean -- that makes it worth a return stay if I need weekend room in the area again.

Room Tip: Atrium is booked for events - can be noisy if have an atrium facing room. Back facing rooms front t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed here for a few days for a conference, and many in my group had one problem or another with their rooms, including me. First of all, the rooms are small, and the bathroom is ridiculously tiny. The bed was comfortable and the room was acceptably clean, but I had problems with the thermostat on more than one occasion where it froze up if I made more than one setting change at a time, causing the room to get warm. The front desk staff was very pleasant and professional on every occasion I dealt with them, but the restaurant/bar staff was another story. Most of them were either rude, or had no concept of customer service. I came down my first night about 8:30, and there was one customer and one waiter. I waited 5 minutes for him to acknowledge me, but he was too busy flirting with the one customer. I finally had to ask if I could seat myself and order. He took my order, then flirted with the woman again for another 10 minutes. The food is so-so (except the breakfast buffet, which is a few notches below hospital food), but the prices are astronomical for what you get, so if you have a car, there are several better options within a short drive. If, like me, you don't have a car you are stuck with the overpriced hotel restaurant or Taco Bell across the street. This was my first visit to the area, but I'm sure you can do better.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard can be noisy if there are kids in the pool area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Aaron O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Paul M,

We appreciate the feedback regarding your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Concord. While we were pleased to hear that many things went well during your stay including a clean room, comfortable bed and friendly front desk staff, we were quite disappointed to hear about the challenges that you experienced. Hopefully you informed the front desk of your challenge with the thermostat as this is typically a very quick fix. We were most surprised to hear about your experience in the restaurant. We pride ourselves in taking great care of our customers and we obviously fell well short of these standards during your visit to Vineyards Restaurant. I can assure you that your experience is not the norm as our staff typically provides excellent service. Your comments will be shared with our entire team for immediate improvement.

Thanks again for sharing this valuable feedback and we hope for an opportunity to welcome you back for a future visit.

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times. It is good enough. My main complaint is that sometimes the air conditioner works and sometimes it doesn't. In the past I complain and get a new room. Also in the past I usually (when I remember) ask for a room with a working air conditioner. This time, I didn't. My room got up to 80 degrees. Cooler in the hallways and outside than it is in my room. Instead of moving, I just opened the window. If I could find a better place to stay, I would.

Room Tip: If the air conditioner doesn't seem to work, it probably doesn't. Get a different room...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Don W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience due to the issues with air conditioning units in our room. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I just returned from the San Fran area with a stay at this hotel. Parts of our stay were very good and others were disappointing. For the price of the room, expected a refrigerator and/or microwave inside the room. Because we were traveling and stayed multiple days, I expected these amenities to be included and were surprised they were not. While our room was attended to every day..(bed was made) ..we found it odd that the dirty towels were not disposed of, trash was not disposed of and the coffee was not replenished. My boyfriend had to ask multiple times for refills on the coffee and notes we left for the staff to add extra towels were not responded to...those also had to be handled by additional requests to the front desk. The room itself was clean, we stayed in one of the handicap accessible rooms. I enjoyed the jacuzzi each evening and found the hotel atmosphere to be nice. We found the restaurant staff to be top notch, breakfast buffet reasonably priced and the complimentary shuttle a nice addition for those staying. Overall, our stay was fairly good, but these few disappointing services render this an average rating.

Room Tip: Be sure to keep your confirmation information. When we checked out, the front desk tried to tie us i...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Aaron O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
KChief,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the atomosphere throughout the hotel and had great experiences at Vineyards Restaurant. I certainly understand your desire to have a refrigerator and microwave in your room which are currently installed in one third of our guest rooms. I am excited to announce that in MId October we are installing additional units which will result in 75% of our rooms being equipped with these convenient amenities. While I am glad that you were satisified with the cleanliness of your guest room, I was disappointed to hear about the challenges that you experienced with the housekeeping service during your stay. We will certainly use this feedback for additional training to correct these items.

Thank you again for choosing Crowne Plaza Concord/Walnut Creek. We sincerely hope for an opportunity to welcome you back for a future visit.

Aaron Olson

Been to Crowne Plaza Concord? Share your experiences!