“Poor Motel 6” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Concord, California
“Poor Motel 6”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Carpets were horrible. They left black marks on our feet, so nasty carpets. They need to replace them with new ones. They need to pressure wash the concrete outside. Concrete was nasty. They did have someone come by everyday to sweep outside but thats it. The housekeepers were wonderful & nice. The frigerators was soo cold that it froze my lettuce and other foods that I had to through away b/c it had freezer burn on them. I had to ask them to turn the dial down on the frigerator so my food wont get frozen anymore. The wash rags had a little bit of black stuff on them everytime I got new wash rags. They should bleach them so that wont happen. The kitchen sink was clogged up. They need to check all of their sinks to make sure that they dont clog up like mine did.This one housekeeper,Patricia, was wonderful, She made sure everything was clean good & she made sure that my rags didnt have anything on them. I only had her for about a week. Then another housekeeper came, Monica, and she was the one that gave me wash rags that had black stuff on them & she didnt vaccume everyday like she was supposed to.The Coke Machine always kept spitting out my quarters & dollars, so therefore I had to walk back around the motel to go to the front desk so they can give me a coke.They never got the coke machine fixed after 2 weeks & I still dont think that its fixed now. The pool was closed and out of service which it looked like it was clean & ready to swim but they had a close sign on the gate and at the front desk so that was a bummer. We stayed here for 2 weeks and then left to go to a better & cheaper motel than this one. I dont recommend staying at this motel. We had to pay $7 extra for a room that had a microwave & frigerator in it. Usually a microwave and mini frig. comes with the room at most motels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
California City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I recently stayed two nights at the Motel 6 in Concord, CA and was impressed. The sweet lady at the check in was friendly and super efficient at the same time. Good quality. This motel had obviously been a different chain when it was built and the people who own it or the franchise owner kept it that way. The room was big and the furniture, television, desk, chair, even the bedspread was not your traditional Motel 6. It felt like a more expensive motel. My room was a single level with parking at the front door. The only two things I didn't like was 1) the walls were a little thin but not enough for me to complain. 2) The swimming pool was closed. This is August! I would stay here again and I would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Davie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed here to save money as an alternative to staying in San Francisco. This hotel is near BART and it is about a 40 minute ride into the city for $.60 RTpp. The hotel is very clean and inexpensive. We could stay almost 4 nights here for one in the city!

• Stayed June 2012
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

The pictures of the Motel 6 looked better than the real thing. My room was clean but there was a musty odor so I sprayed some of my cologne in the air & on the sheets. I was attending a concert at the Concord Amphitheater and wanted to stay somewhere close. Would I stay there again? Maybe. I got a good deal on my room but might opt to stay at the Days Inn next time. One good thing...Quarter Pound Big Burger was just down the street!!!

Room Tip: There is no good room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Reno, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised and extremely pleased with the accommodations. I wanted a clean, quiet place to sleep and this property more than met my needs. The non-smoking room was fresh, the carpet was clean, the bathroom was immaculate and the queen-size bed was more than adequate. I didn't need a pool, a spa, or restaurant; just a good nights sleep and that's exactly what I got. My husband enjoyed chatting with the owner in the office while he got his "good cup of coffee." We'll be back every other month and will ask for Room 104! I cannot say enough good things.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Concord? Share your experiences!