My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights, visiting relatives for a wedding.
Our room was a king smoking, facing the parking lot and the Kentucky Fried Chicken next door.
It was quiet, even though there were a couple of groups that came in for one night stays during our 4 night stay in a cool early February 2013 from a Friday to Tues. I should say the smoking room did not smell as though it was a smoking room!!
The bed was fair, the bedding and pillows were very nice and included a large bolster. I actually would like to see if one could buy the "blanket" as I really liked it a lot. The heater worked well and we were never cold during the nighttime temps in the teens. The arm chair did have old stains on it, and the shower head made it somewhat difficult to keep the water in the shower area, but overall we were pleased with the room. Maid service was very speedy and our maid did not speak English, but it was not a problem, since the front desk staff said "to just put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door to delay maid service.
The breakfast was excellent on 4 of the 5 days we were there, there was an accident outside the motel on Sunday night and the road in front of the hotel was closed from early evening to late evening making it impossible to get into the motel. Unfortunately, no one could tell us how to get into the motel from a back road, but we were able to park our car across the street in a small shopping area and the rental car was fine the next morning. I would probably suggest that management give out to their staff a map showing other entry ways into the motel, since they lost business. The front desk lady did her best to find us a way in, but that road did not go through. Anyway, I think the reason breakfast was not quite as good one day was food could not get in either. Breakfast is hot with bisquits and gravy, eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, various pastries, bread and muffings for toasting, dry cereals, coffee and tea.
The room had a coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, microwave and refridgerator, all of which worked and wifi. The motel has an outside pool that was closed, and one computer in the lobby.
The front desk people were helpful, polite, and professional. And we did meet a night security man who was also very nice.
The motel is within close walking distance to a KFC, Subway, a couple pizza places, a small shopping mall, bank and other places that I saw but did not commit to memory. It was a nice area.
We would probably go back to this motel
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Heritage Hotel Concord
- Best Western Concord
- Best Western Heritage Hotel
- Concord Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close proximity to East Bay and Walnut Creek make our Concord hotel popular with all types of travelers, from families on vacations to those on romantic escapes. Mt. Diablo is also close to Concord, CA and a favorite for outdoor enthusiasts. However, it’s the superior customer service at our property that really shines. The staff makes you feel at home, and with restaurants within walking distance, relaxation comes easily. We care and listen to all of our guests, and are happy to provide recommendations on things to do, places to visit and the best dining options. Whether you’re here for a golf getaway or you’re taking the whole family to Waterworld, staying at the right Concord, CA hotel can make all the difference. Festivals abound year-round from Oktoberfest in the autumn to the many wine festivals nearby. Take one of the tours or ask a helpful staff member about the must-try wineries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Best Western, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your BEST WESTERN Heritage Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.