“the Best Service and excellent food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
San Jose, California
“the Best Service and excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

there were 5 of us at the table and the waiter was so good, he didn't have to write down the orders for each of us. He remembered them exactly as we told him and he got our food in record time. I was very impressed. As always, we had too much food and had to take a bag of the remains home. We enjoyed excellent food twice then.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Ended up eating here twice out of convenience. The first time I was alone and ordered a steak. The meal was brought out cold and my salad order was forgotten until I reminded a wait staff that brought the steak - not the waiter that took the order. The food was nothing to write home about and the service seemed disorganized.

The second time I ended up eating in the bar with a business associate. I had a mediocre hamburger and my companion had chicken. He was told it did not come with vegetables and ordered a side of broccoli. There were more vegetables than he could eat when the diner arrived as they were included.

Visited November 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Surprising good for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The menu is immense - somewhat like Cheesecake factory but less expensive.
We ordered the pretzel sticks for starter but they were held up and the manager actually comped them - they didn't come like we ordered, but anything free is good I guess.
I had the French onion soup and salad. I've had better on both accounts.
My husband had pretty much the same but a sandwich instead - which was extremely messy.
The service was impeccable and the place was spotless!

Visited November 2013
SF Bay Area
“Brunch with a variety of selections”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We took advantage of a $7-off coupon to try the Claim Jumper Sunday brunch. In contrast to another reviewer, we were far from disappointed. For an extra charge ($2.99 each) we got unlimited drinks (mimosas, coffee) brought by a friendly and efficient waiter. Many choices for breakfast, including made-to-order omelets, pancakes, French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. Then there was the carving station (medium rare roast beef, turkey), spare-ribs, fish, plus potatoes, veggies, and more. Desserts were a bit limited but we enjoyed the mini eclairs and mini cupcakes. Overall, the food was tasty and well prepared, if not gourmet (which we did not expect). No way of leaving hungry - we didn't even have dinner that night.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Tx
“Dissapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stopped on a business trip visit and thought we would give it a try. I had a bowl of chowder, salad and pizza. Chowder was good, salad was fresh, pizza was a let down. The dough was limp and soggy from the toppings. Ended up with a bad stomach ache. Not what I would expect from a Landry's restaurant.

• Visited August 2013