“Great Moment To Remember” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lombok Lodge

You added The Lombok Lodge to your Saves list
The Lombok Lodge
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Oberoi | Desa Medana - Tanjung, Pemenang, Lombok 83001, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
** JANUARY 0FFER
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pemenang
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great Moment To Remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I was not expecting that much when I arrived at the hotel. Especially when it seems we are the only guests who stayed there. But I was completely wrong. The hotel room was designed very nicely and the hotel staffs were so responsive and helpful. We went to 3 Gillis for snorkeling - Gilli Meno, Gilli Air, and Gilli Trawangan. The hotel staff accompanied us through out the trip, and gave us advice in Gilli Trawangan which bar has a good price on drinks and nice food on top of brought as to very nice snorkeling spot. Overall, we are all very delighted...zero regret and definitely highle recommended.
A great moment to close 2013!

Room Tip: Lodge 3 with the best view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I am generally skeptical of boutique hotels, but due to raving reviews on TripAdvisor, I decided to give Lombok Lodge a try instead of The Oberoi last week, and I was definitely not disappointed. From the moment we arrive at the airport - we got a private pick up by our awesome driver Hakim. He was very friendly and warm. The journey to the Lodge was longer than usual, as we had to take a longer route as the way through the forest was not passable due to the rain, but we were treated with the breath-taking coastal view of the island. I took the 3D2N package and As it was my birthday and wedding anniversary, we were upgraded to the poolside lodge suite. Check in was a breeze - upon getting off the car, we were greeted by Mangsur the hotel's manager and all the other crew of the hotel. The suite looks modern and really nice, with Hermes amenities. The view was also really nice. But more importantly, the service was fantastic! Everyone was very nice and friendly, and are very passionate about their job. We had a great time talking to everyone there! There was also so much flexibility with everything - you can truly feel that customer satisfaction is their key importance! Then there was the fantastic and unforgettable birthday/anniversary surprise that the crew gave on my birthday/anniversary! ;) the spa was truly excellent as well-we went all 3 days! The 5 course meal from Chef Jiwa was also fantastic- every course was delectable! Overall the stay was fantastic, and we really had a great time! We told Mangsur we hope to be back real soon, and i really cant wait for our next trip there! ;)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
BenOlaerts, Owner at The Lombok Lodge, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear DoR_LaI,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience on your celebration stay at The Lodge. I am thrilled to hear that your visit was so welcoming!

Your kind notes on our team and their flexible services are greatly appreciated and I have shared your comments with all of them.

I do hope you will be back soon and I look forward to welcoming you personally.

Wishing you and Mr. C. a wonderful Festive Season!

Best Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We had a wonderful stay, it was my birthday and the hotel band serenaded me and brought me a wonderful cake....

The hotel is the perfect place to unwind and de-stress... My husband and I took advantage of the snorkeling trip to Gili Air that was part of our package and really enjoyed it, just remember to take some cash with you on the trip bc you may want to rent flippers and perhaps grab a drink at one of the bars (you will leave all your belongings at these bars while you snorkel).

The food at the hotel is fabulous, and since dinner and breakfast are already covered in the package, you will only be responsible for lunch...and the prices are quite reasonable.

Upon arrival, my husband realized that he forgot his swimming trunks and one quick call to the hotel and we were told about a gift shop at a hotel down the street that carried them and we were able to sort out the situation quickly. We were worried about the weather as we travelled during monsoon season, but other than one day of light showers --we had beautiful sunshine!

Overall, there is not much I can say that has not been said, the service is very warm and we felt very much at home. We had some trouble regarding some insects in our room/bed but it was quickly and efficiently resolved by the manager.

Make sure you bring lots of sunblock and bug spray as the sun can be quite strong and the mosquitoes do come out at night...Otherwise, go and let the Lombok Lodge spoil you!

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

As reported already by so many reviewers, this is an excellent boutique hotel with everything you could ever expect from such a hotel ... and more as was illustrated when my daughter who had been diving in Gilli Ayer arrived unexpectedly by sea and at totally the wrong end of the long hotel property. Despite this the hotel still managed to officially greet her with a lei and gently advise that the hotel did have a main entrance!!

It was this flexibility with no compromise by everyone in the team that impressed us the most and made our stay so enjoyable.

The hotel can arrange scuba diving but when we chose to dive with a Gilli Ayer company the shuttle service was changed and we were dropped off much earlier.
In addition, when our times didn't suit other guests, another boat was organised and again we were dropped off in time for our dive with a picnic, food for the fish!!, snorkels, towels and also croc shoes so that we didn't hurt ourselves in the tough coral. We were also given a mobile phone in case we need to contact the hotel with all phone numbers already programmed.

As far as the diving is concerned, if you have done any diving in tropical waters, the quality of the coral here is poor and there are few large fish, but there are some sites where you can see some interesting creatures. I'd suggest you check where the dive is going before you commit. However no matter how good the dive was, the best part was returning to the Lombok Lodge and looking forward to the next fantastic dinner.

And finally, unless you particularly enjoy bargaining, I suggest you buy all your souvenirs from the hotel. They are tasteful and not at all expensive.

Room Tip: We had Room #1 "Suta" and it was very quiet and only the occassional gardener to be seen
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
BenOlaerts, Owner at The Lombok Lodge, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear MALLINPJ,

Thank you so very much for your high praises in regards to your recent stay with us.

I am happy to hear that you had such a great time and that you enjoyed the flexible services we offer at THe Lodge. Thank you for your remark regarding our boutique items and souvenirs - much appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back for more memorable moments and to welcome you personally.

With kind regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

What can I say which you have not read from all the other reviews? Yes, Lombok is blessed-- with lush greenery, clear blue sky (with occasional light drizzle), clear sea water, friendly people and a little place called The Lombok Lodge. It's a little place (only 9 villas!) with a strong team of staff led by Mangsur. From the minute you enter the Lodge to the time you leave, they make sure you are very well taken care of. The feeling is akin to being welcomed into a warm big yet close-knit family. We stayed 4 nights and a few service staff really stood out-- Dony, Erwin and Jumadi. Not forgetting the housekeeping staff, gardening staff and kitchen staff who stay in the background, diligently playing their part (and going the extra mile) to make sure you have a wonderful time in the Lodge. They also have a "in-house" band, formed by members from different departments, to play instruments and sing. And it's great to see that they are not doing it for the sake of entertaining the diners, they are genuinely happy to sing along with their fellow colleagues. Thank you guys, we hope to be back soon.

Room Tip: Our suite is by the poolside so we have direct private access to the public pool. However our privac...
Dear Mengo97,

I am very pleased to know of how much you enjoyed beautiful island Lombok and your stay with us at The Lodge.
Thank you so much for your support to our Resort Manager Pak Mangsur and his team members!

I am truly happy that you had a wonderful time with us and indeed, I hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon.

Best Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Frankly boutique hotels have never been my cup of tea. I sort of expected them to be like B&B's. I couldn't have been more wrong.
The Lombok Lodge is by far one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.

We arrived at Lombok airport - it's a little restrictive at the moment with only small number of international flights but that will change in the next month. However you can also arrive by boat. The transfer is long (1hour 30mins+) but the driver was excellent (having driven in Bali, it's not an experience I would like to repeat). The welcome was warm and we were checked in early (big plus).

The room was superb. We stayed in the two bedroom villa. This is on top of the main building and has the best views. The decor is suave and sophisticated with a touch of old world charm. Lots of rough finished timber and drift wood. Both bedrooms were exceptionally well appointed with good air-con. Outdoor showers and a free standing bath in the en-suite. Plenty of water provided each day is a big plus. The cleanliness was very good - the room was immaculate, despite my best efforts, being cleaned twice a day!

The lobby has little treats available during the day - nice touch. The spa is truly exceptional. It is by far the best massage I have had anywhere in Asia (and that's a lot!). The pool is beautifully designed with a stunning view and exceptional service (more on this later). There is no beach to speak of but this is irrelevant.

The food. I feel a little bad criticising the breakfast as whilst it was good it wasn't quite to my western tastes. However, the bakery selection, juices and coffee were all perfect. Just some of the hot mains like sausage, bacon and eggs didn't quite hit the mark. The fact you can come to breakfast at any time of the morning (or afternoon!) is a huge plus as I hate feeling I have to drag myself out of bed.

The evening food was to a very high standard. The chef prepares a 5 course meal every evening. All you have to do is choose a wine, sit back and enjoy. I can honestly say after 5 days, there wasn't a single dish I didn't enjoy.

We did the Gili tour which was good. The guide was friendly and the snorkelling was enjoyable. But seeing the accommodation over there made us really appreciate how good we had it!
We also did the waterfall tour - hugely recommended. A private car takes you there then a guide takes you all around. Great pictures, long trek (nothing you can't do in sandals) but so worth it.

Lastly, the service... I could go on for pages about how good it was but others already have. Exceptional. They should be teaching other hotels about how they should be doing it! So polite and friendly. It's always service with a smile. The standard of English is better than mine (native Brit) and nothing is too much to ask.

I have two tiny criticisms which really aren't hugely important but would complete the perfect stay. The internet is quite sporadic (It was just a short 5 day break and I needed to keep in touch with work). I understand it is quite away from civilisation but when it was working it was quite fast, which makes me think it's more a hotel infrastructure issue.
Secondly, the stairway to "Delapan" needs a hand rail - especially after the second bottle of wine!

Thank you for an amazing stay. I'm sure we will be back soon!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Firstly, thankyou to the Tripadvisor community for the many positive reviews of The Lombok Lodge as this is why we chose to stay here. I now have to do the same and share with you our amazing experience. For those of you who do not want to read a long review:
Did we have a wonderful experience....yes
Will we be back.....yes
Would I recommend it.....yes, absolutely and read on if you would like to know why.
The lodge is located around 90 minutes from the airport but do not let that deter you. Our friendly driver was waiting for us in the arrivals hall, a cold towel and bottle of water offered for the journey. On arrival we were met by Mangsur the hotel manager. Whilst checking in I asked him what time breakfast was served and his answer was "whenever you would like it", and this statement was indicative of the customer focus of our entire stay. Every staff member is dedicated to ensure that your experience is at the heart of everything they do.
You will not get a beach or 'balinese style' heavy teak wood decor. The lodge is contemporary and beautifully designed in its minimalism. Lots of white and lime washed floorboards together with the gorgeous manicured gardens of frangipani trees and tropical plants. The photos on the official website is exactly how you will find it. I never once missed not having a beach.
The five course set menu for dinner exceeded our expectations of what I imagined we would be eating at this small spot on the coast of Lombok. After our first dinner we were excited to see what Chef Jiwa would be serving the following evening. His experience in high end dining is clearly evident. Mangsur and his staff knew it was our wedding anniversary and on the evening they placed a table right near the shore with the way lit up by hundreds of small candles and the table covered in petals. It was incredibly romantic to sit in the candle light and hear the waves lapping on the shore. We were about to have dessert when Mangsur and three of his staff members turned up with guitars and sung a few songs. Not only that, but they were clearly musically talented. We were thrilled and were left thinking "is there anything that the staff CAN'T do here".
I could write another three paragraphs of our experiences and little surprises along the way but I will leave you with a summary. I highly recommend The Lombok Lodge for couples especially if you are celebrating a birthday, anniversary or other special occasion. I'm sure the staff would make sure all guests including kids welcome however I think it really is a place for adults. Also with just 9 rooms it would be a great venue to hire the entire place for a wedding or other big event.
My suggestions for improving what is already an outstanding place, a personal preference maybe but bigger bath towels and iced water served and topped up while lazing around the pool.
Thankyou to Mangsur and all his wonderful staff members for ensuring our stay was magical and memorable. We will most definately be back.

Room Tip: There is no fitness centre but the lodge has four mountain bikes if you can tear yourself away from...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Lombok Lodge? Share your experiences!