“Good for Business Travel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Honors Points
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Commerce
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good for Business Travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here on business two nights Oct. 2-4 2012. Frequent guest at Hilton family of hotels but only occasionally at Double Trees. My expectations of the brand are very high and my experiences at the brand have been generally very good. I rate this property a 4 because it fully meets my already high expectations of a DoubleTree but does not rate 5 because it doesn’t exceed those standards. A very strong plus is it’s convenience to a wide variety of dining choices.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

428 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Roseville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

No free internet in the room. In room refrigerator was very small.
I was expecting more modern furniture on the living room.
Sofa Bed on the counch needed to be changed. It looked and felt old on the spring.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nadia S, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Room was clean and apart from soap, shampoo and conditioner, we had to approach the counter for other free toiletries such as toothbrush, toothpaste, and shaver.

I noticed one thing about hotels in USA. They don't provide boiling flasks. So in this wintry weather, don't expect to be able to make yourself a cuppa warm drink. Well, the hotel had a coffee maker but of coz, coffee is not FOC :)

Since we drove, the location wasn't an issue. In fact, we were happy to be away ftom the hustle and bustle of the city and to be next to Citadel Outlet. If you don't drive, you will find it painfully inconvenient.

Wifi is not free except at the lobby.

All in all... Pleasant stay. Staff were friendly and always ready to greet you and make small talks :)

• Stayed December 2012
Stockton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We were in complete utter shock when we woke up and discovered we had been burglarized during our stay while sleeping. It was a surreal and scary moment! Staff was no help. Nor understanding to the terrible ordeal we encounter in their hotel. They didnt call the athorities to come out to investigate or take a report. Nor did they offer to relocate us to a different hotel. Staff definitely unsensitive to what took place. This hotel is unsafe. I don't wish this situation on anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JoeCisneros, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for posting your feedback and please accept our sincere apologies. We take all comments we receive from our guests very seriously and your suggestions will help us improve guest safety at our property. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced and we look forward to resolving this with you.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

But the warm cookie on arrival is a nice treat. The bedding is nice, and since I was really only there to sleep the night before a meeting it was fine. There's nothing of note in the area, so unless you're there for business like I was it's not a destination.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Woke up in the morning to find out all the cash in my wallet was stolen, do not stay here! They don't have security cameras so your safety is not their priority. Management was not helpful nor they provided any type of reimbursement, they just added 1k points to our member total?!

• Stayed December 2012
JoeCisneros, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
We sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience during your stay at our hotel. Thank you for letting us know about the situation quickly. We have followed up with our security department to help us avoid this situation in the future. If we can help in any way, please let us know. Thank you.
Whittier, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Well where do I begin?? A friend of mine had her wedding at this location about one year ago it was beautiful so I decided to have my wedding their. First off the catering manager that was first helping me quit or moved whatever but she didn't even have the courtesy to call me or at least write me a card saying hello I'm not here to help you. I had to find out myself when I called to add my ceremony and get a ridiculous estimate different from what I was originally told to make matters worse the coordinator that was originally helping us never wrote any notes or anything so the new coordinator that was so called helping me had no clue what we had ever discussed at times I felt insulted because she made me feel as if I was making prices I was originally told. So when I met the new coordinator she made me feel like I had some kind of hope until every time I spoke with her I had to remind her who I was and what her and I had discussed the last time we spoke it was horrible. Anyway to make the situation worse I went to meet with her one day and she had forgotten that we were suppose to even meet I had to wait two hours for her but at least she offered me and my kids dinner I guess that made things a little better considering everything else went wrong. Anyhow the night of my wedding they didn't even have anything nice for my husband and I setup in the room as they did for my friend last year. No champagne or a glass of water NOTHING I could keep going because this isn't even half of my horrible experience but I will just stop here if this doesn't make you think twice of having your wedding here then good luck hopefully the next persons wedding will be a little better!!

Room Tip: any room just not at this location
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Nadia S, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your review of your experience planning your wedding with us. We sincerely apologize that your experience leading up to your special day was not exceptional. It is not typical of our staff to drop the ball with such events and we apologize that the changing of staff interfered with yours. Your feedback does help us to make sure we are improving this planning and transition process should it occur again in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce? Share your experiences!