“Great location, price and service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Columbia Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Columbia
Columbia Inn Motel
You added Columbia Inn Motel to your Saves list
22646 Broadway Street, Columbia, CA 95310   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Columbia
San Francisco, California
“Great location, price and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Doris the owner is fantastic, and so is her big German shepard who greeted us warmly when we checked in over the Fourth of July holiday. The hotel is only a 5 minute walk to the Columbia State Historic Park which we highly recommend for an "authentic" experience of what it was like to be in a Gold Rush town of the 1850's. There's a small swimming pool and she has some floaties for toddlers. The rooms are clean and quiet with Air Conditioning. They provide coffee makers in the room and you're free to grab danishes from the lobby. There were a bunch of family-friendly DVD's in the lobby and I'm not sure if they charge to borrow them or not, but there's tons of great titles there in case your kids need entertainment. Our boy is 22 months so a bit too young yet. We will definitely stay here again the next time we visit Gold Rush country!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Scotts Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Took my two kids for a gold country tour, had a great stay at an excellent price at this hotel. On the positive side... Room immaculately clean. Kid friendly amenities... Pool, DVD player in room, DVDs and games to borrow in lobby. Fridge and microwave at no extra charge. New carpet, paint, linens, etc. Doris gave us a great price. The sound of the birds singing in the enormous pine trees around the property. Nice old fashioned feeling to it, reminded me of the motels we stayed at traveling when I was a kid, not the cookie cutter corporate places my kids usually experience. Cons... Pool was too cold for me, but kids could handle it. Exterior a bit tired.

Room Tip: Looked like they had some rooms on second floor in back that might have a nice view...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This place was great, owners are friendly and every one was very social and nice, there is wifi, very soft comfy beds, dog friendly, there was not a spot any where, it was spotless, Doris (the owner) works all day to make this motel like home. I wish my house was as clean as this place! They have in room coffee makers and fridges, and heaters you can adjust to your liking. Cold sodas are supplied in the office for a dollar and coffee cakes, so no going to the store to get a cold drink! If any help was needed i could just ask the owners and Doris or her assistant Lindi would gladly assist. I felt very at ease here, i look at all the bad reviews and think wow, they need to come back, people whove seen the old place and dont want to come back are really missing out!

• Stayed November 2012
Burnsville, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was there September 2012 and received great service and a warm welcome. I stayed for a week and am glad I did. Walking distance to historic Columbia, I journeyed into town daily. Will definately stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed here 4 years ago, and was just ok. This visit was much better. It was clean, a larger bed, refrig and microwave in the room. AND NO ANTS, BUGS THIS TIME!! This is just around the corner from Columbia State Park and that's why we stay there. Mangement was friendly this time. I would recommend this place as a place to go to Columbia State Park and close to Highway 49 for more adventures.

this room was clean, clean, clean and no bugs!! Would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Leandro, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

My name is George Unsworth. I come over from Marin County once a year for the Celtic faire and stay in local motels. last year we stayed here and were very displeased but the motel is close (within walking distance) from our family so this year came back for convenance and what a pleasent surprise!!! clean clean clean redecorated new everthing the old is gone and the new is in the new owners are very very nice helpful kind and helpful. As a disabled Viet vet I need help and they certainly go above and beyond their duty.
may God bless them and I give my highest recomendations
George E Unsworth

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

The little wife and I have stayed here several times over the last 30 years. Now under new management, this little motel has suffered in the past from indifferent managers. Not anymore.

The place has undergone a nice renovation and it seemed, had new beds installed. The room had a full sized coffee maker and a microwave oven. Yes, the pool is still covered. But we never swim anyway.

The new managers were very friendly and attentive and offered us Danish and candy to enjoy in our room. The motel itself is very, very close to Columbia state park and is therefore an excellent choice for this destination. We will come back here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Columbia Inn Motel? Share your experiences!