“Hotel itself is nice, management needs improvement” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

You added Rodeway Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1311 R.V Center Dr., Colton, CA 92324 (Formerly Red Tile Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Colton
JACKSON
“Hotel itself is nice, management needs improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Overall the hotel itself is nice and clean. The rooms are large and the regular rooms come with a refrigerator. Apparently even though this hotel is a suite design, there are additional suites that also include a microwave for a higher rate. Our room was spacious with a king bed, couch, large refrigerator/freezer and desk. There also was a small reasonably priced, clean laundry facility available for guests, which was one of the reasons we had chosen this location when reserving a hotel in this area. The night clerk at check in, Vonna (sp) was especially helpful and friendly in getting us settled after a long drive.

After settling in, having dinner and doing laundry we discover that the TV did not work at all in our room. Vonna made every attempt to get it to work, by rebooting and trying new remotes with no luck. At that late hour, switching rooms was not an option. So what a disappointment to try to unwind on Christmas Eve with no TV. Then in the middle of the night, for no apparent reason, the toilet in our room just decides to continuously start running and will not stop keeping us awake.

Breakfast the next morning was interesting. I wasn't expecting a full meal however, orange juice and some pancakes in the fancy machine they had there would have been nice. They were out of orange juice (it was "frozen") and the machine that takes forever to make silver dollar size pancakes ran out of mix. What was left was cold cereal and toast with butter.

Upon check out, I discussed the issues with the clerk, through the bullet proof glass, and asked to talk to the manager because I felt that we should be compensated in some way for the inconveniences and problems with this room. I am told that he will not be in until the next day;however she would have him call me. That was on December 25th... so now after 3 additional phones calls and messages left at the hotel plus a detailed email sent to the manager, I still have not heard back from him in regards to my complaints, 17 days later.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ChrisRobinsonGM, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
I am so very sorry for the inconvenience that you had with us. I do hope you give us the opportunity to make it right the next time you are out here, and I will take your response and use it to make the necessary improvements to that dose not happen again. Once again I apologize.

Barryton, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

TV reception was bad and the TV only had the ABC that would work. The breakfast was pretty lame, no meat, pancake machine empty, low on milk, unsanitary pre made coffee filters with coffee in them open air in drawer. Yapping dog a few doors down allowed to yap morning and night. I didn't sleep very well, but the room was clean, fridge in room was big.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I am very sorry that your stay was not up to par. I will take your comments and use it to the best of my ability to continue to improve. I do hope that you will give us another try to make it right for you. Once again I deeply apologize.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week and it was by far the best hotel experience I've had hands down. The property is very nice and quiet. My room was spacious with unique décor that made my stay feel comfortable. The staff here are very helpful and just a pleasure to be around. Especially Nicole at the front desk, always helpful & friendly. Over all, the stay was enjoyable and there would be no hesitation to come back for another stay. I highly recommend this hotel if staying in the area as well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
ChrisRobinsonGM, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you Gina I am so glad your stay here was great and I am very proud of my Front Desk staff making sure to give you the best possible experience.

Chris Robinson
Culver City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend and it was a average place. It was very quite over the weekend as it is located near an industrial area. The bulletproof glass at the reception area was a little strange, but we had an uneventful stay. The rooms were not 5 star, but it is very comfortable for the price.

If I was ever in Colton again for an event, I would stay at this location again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.

Chris Robinson
Colton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel is the best hotel in Colton, and a contender for one of the best in the inland empire. The price is unbeatable as is the service. The breakfast is free and bountiful and includes pancakes. All of the staff are great and specifally Nicole at the front desk. Dont even think about looking anywhere else if looking in this area. This place has it all to include a pull and walking distance from walmart....Great Hote!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here awhile ago and never had a problem. The front desk is always helpful and friendly. The property is pretty big and there is plenty of (free)parking. Rooms are spacious & clean which is great because you don't feel cramped with your luggage. Plus they have a pool and jacuzzi great for winter and summer times.
Will definitely come back to stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Banning, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had a realy nice time. The staff was very nice and helpful and the rooms are nice and big. The property is close to a lot of resturants and shoping aera all within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again. :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!