“Just don't take the name literally” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Colfax
Cuisines: Mexican, Californian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner
Description: Family owned, Garden fresh comfort food. Gluten free and Vegan options available
Placerville, California
“Just don't take the name literally”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Dine N Dash Cafe is a small-town gem in Colfax, Calif. It's right off of Hwy 80, making it a perfect stopover and your way to or from Tahoe or Reno. The food is fantastic, but not greasy, like the gooey messes of grease and cheese you might see in other breakfast joints. If it's nice enough, sit out on the back patio and enjoy the rustic, country feel from the thick wooden beams to the saddle and tractor seating. I'll be back here whenever I'm in town prospecting or just passing through.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bent Mountain, Virginia
“TWO MEALS IN 12 HOURS - FANTASTIC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

While in Colfax, I ate here on my last night. While the "twice breaded chicken" was not what I expected, the portion was generous and flavorful. A real delight was the sauted fresh vegetables. But the next day was Father's Day, and I got blown away.
My clients and their 3 young children met me for breakfast. The place was "packed" but we were seated on the pleasant patio. When we advised that I had a palce to catch in Sacramento, service was very prompt, and WHAT FOOD! If you get eggs and links, be prepared for BIG link sausages. My request to substitute bread offerings with 1 pancake was met with a plate sized pancake that was the fluffiest I've ever had. I wish I had driven the short distance to Dine & Dash for all my evening meals. If ever again in Colfax, the folks there will see a lot of me.

Visited June 2014
Fairfield, California
“Tuna Melt Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Coming down the hill from Reno and saw a sign for Dine N Dash Cafe - once exiting the freeway there were multiple signs pointing the way to the restaurant....until just before you got there. I almost drove by but was able to slam on the brakes and turn in. The restaurant is located on a frontage road next to the freeway. The tuna melt and cole slaw was very good. The sandwich actually had too much tuna melt - it was huge. The cole slaw was good too. If you get the opportunity - sit out back - very relaxing and a slice of nature.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Colfax, California
“We sure like it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I agree with previous posters about ambiance, locals, noise and food portions! Being locals, we rotate our visits to these establishments. One thing I am very happy about is that they have ice cream and serve shakes!
As for the cold, we ARE up in the mountians and it does get cool at night...
As for the noise, this ain't no church!
As for the locals, we support our businesses...
As for the food portions, they are complicit in my weight gain and all I gotta say is a satisfactory "Burp....'scuse me!"

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northern California
“Good and Bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Here’s what we found at Dash and Dine on a recent Sunday morning. Busy place with lots of locals enjoying breakfast. Very noisy inside and because it was still chilly, the patio area was closed. Service was okay as our server was friendly and chatty but we had to request for sugar packets for our coffee and then also cream as there was none on the table. Overall the place looked clean but all of the waitresses but one had long hair that was hanging forward on their face and not pulled back. Call me old fashioned and I know I’m dating myself but I remember when servers had to wear hairnets or pull their hair back. We shared a breakfast omelet which was very good but when I asked if they would split the order in the kitchen I was told no but they would bring me an extra plate. How hard is it to split an order to two plates? For these reasons I am only giving this café two stars.

Visited February 2014