“Nice stop on the way to Yosemite” 3 of 5 stars

You added Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   711 Lucky Lane, Coarsegold, CA 93614   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Coarsegold
Orange, California
“Nice stop on the way to Yosemite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This is a casino hotel and the setting is nice. The rooms are average and comfortable enough. The buffet is good and if you look at their website, their prices are better than Travelocity and others. NOTE: the hotel is about 35 minutes from the South gate to Yosemite but once you get to the South gate, its an additional hour into Yosemite valley. It seems like a long drive after a day in the park.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newer rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
GSCoordinator, Front Office Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Hello MasonsDad,

I sincerely appreciate your valuable stay with us and thank you for your review of your experience. I am happy to hear that your stay was comfortable and accommodating. From your review, it certainly sounded like your trip went well with the Yosemite visit and all.

I hope that we can be of service for you and your party again in the near future. Until then, thank you again for staying with us and thanks again for your great review.

Warm Regards,

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed here after visiting Yosemite and driving out of the southern entrance of the park. Wished we had stayed here while we were visiting the park. The rooms were large and very clean. Quiet place to stay, even though it is attached to the casino. Ate at the buffet attached to the casino and was pleasantly surprised how good the food was. This would be my place to stay if visiting Yosemite again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
GSCoordinator, Front Office Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Hello LadytravelerAlabama,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and for your great review of your experience. We are always looking to improve daily in our product and our service, and I am very happy to hear that your stay went very well. It was indeed our pleasure to be your home away from home during your vacation.

Thanks again for your excellent feedback. We look forward to being of service to you again really soon.

Kindest Regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Older room, but nice for the night. Odd, odd, odd walk to the elevator. (an architect should be fired for such.) Hotel has a nice log/mountain theme. Great places to eat. Got a good deal. $99, included $40 in free play, $20 for food.

Didn't win in the casino, but had a nice one night stay with family.

Would I stay again? Yes.

Room Tip: Book though hotel and ask about packages for stays Sunday through Thursday's. Even if you nev...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello NYC1945,

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer us feedback on your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that your stay went well. I wish we could have provided better luck for you in the casino, but overall it sounded like a great stay. It is always encouraging to hear that we have succeeded in meeting our guests' expectations (with the exception of that elevator, of course :-)

I do sincerely hope that we could be of service to you again in the near future. Perhaps your luck can change for the better and make your stay even more grand. In the meantime, thank you for staying with us and for your excellent review. We look forward to being of service to you again.

Sincerest Regards,

Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed here with the wife for a night to ourselves. The room was clean except for the ceiling. View was half good, the other half was the ventilation machinery. Limited TV channels as they expect you to gamble. Pay per view movies were out dated and over priced. For being a "resort" I was surprised at the few number of towels provided. Room service was fast and o.k. Bed was very comfortable and had excessive pillows. Was not impressed by the casino floor but we are not much for gambling. Loved the itemized card on the counter with the prices of items if stolen from the room. Two bottles of water greet you at the door with a $5 a piece. You would think with the cost of the room and money thrown away on slots they wouldn't care about a few missing towels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GSCoordinator, Front Office Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hello Jhavey81,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. It is always our best intention to provide a great experience accompanied with a great room and great amenites. Although I am very happy to hear that your stay was comfortable, I also understand your concern regarding how our rooms and amenities are set up. Your feedback will allow us to look at our standards closely and determine if changes should be made.

I sincerely hope that we have an opportunity to be of service to you again. In the meantime thank you so much for your valuable stay as well as the time you have taken to submit this review.

Best Regards,

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My Husband and I Booked a suite for a mini getaway and we had a Wonderful time. The suites are huge and Luxurious. There is a living room with a fireplace and an adjacent half bath. A Beautiful bedroom with a large comfortable king size bed. Another nice touch is the Jacuzzi Tub it was so relaxing. It had great views and I can't even begin to tell you how Beautiful the sunset we watched was the pictures do not do it justice. We ate at the Seafood & Steak buffet Steaks were phenomenal I was pleasantly surprised considering it was a buffet. All the staff were very friendly and accommodating. We had an absolutely Fabulous time. On another note I was reading through some of the other reviews and I noticed the mention of smelling alot of smoke. I am very picky about the way my environments smell and look and I didn't notice the smell of smoke. I also have to say IT'S A CASINO PEOPLE I kind of compare that to booking a Hotel next to a subway and saying I hear trains you kind of have to expect you may smell smoke in a facility that allows smoking.

Room Tip: Definitely book a suite it's great for Couples and Families (the couch in the living room is a S...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Cire W,

On behalf of the entire staff here at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, I would like to take the time to thank you for your patronage in staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback regarding your stay. I am very glad to hear that your stay went great and that we were able to meet and hopefully exceed your expectations.

We sincerely hope that we can have an opportunity to be of service to you again very soon. Until then, thank you again for taking the time in providing your valuable feedback and for calling our establishment your home during your visit. We await your next reservation with us.

Warmest Regards,

San Jose, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Awful!! Waited for over a half hour to sit down to eat. The room did not have a view as promised! The slot machines are the worst I've ever played! My machine was stuck. I waited and waited for service but no one came. I finally called the hotel casino from my cell phone on the casino floor to ask if they could send someone over to assist! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hello Samuel M,

I would first and foremost like to thank you for staying with us, and I would like to apologize for your recent experience at our establishment. I know how frustrating it can be to wait to be seated and to wait for assistance when your machine is down. I also can understand how you feel to not get what you were promised in regards to the view from your room.

I sincerely hope that in time you give us another chance to provide the great service that we are known for in the Central Valley. I know that if you return to us, we will do all that we can to place our best foot forward and make your stay enjoyable.

Thank you again for your valuable stay and for your valuable feedback. I sincerely appreciate your time and I hope that we can be of service again.

Kindest Regards,
Maastricht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel was the big surprise for us during our South-West USA tour.
We did not expect this hotel after a (+/-) 30 minute drive to our visit to Yosemite.
Nice check-inn by friendly personell. The room was marvelously big and chic, same goes for the bathroom.
The hotel has a big casino. There was a little bit of smoke, but it didn't bother us (and i have asthma!)
There are multiple restaurants (we had a lovely diner at Goldfield's Cafe) a delicious bakery! We had breakfast at the bakery, lots of choices.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Saskia-W,

Thank you for finding us on your travels and giving us an opportunity to be of service to you for your lodging and entertainment needs. I am very happy to hear that we made a great impression on you. It is always great to hear when our service and amenities hit the mark when it comes to our guests being satisfied during their stay, and I am truly grateful to you for taking the time in providing a review for us to learn and be encouraged from.

I sincerely hope that we can accommodate you again soon, for it is always our ambition and pleasure to be of service. We look forward to the next time that you will call us your home away from home; but until then, I thank you so much for staying with us during your recent visit to Yosemite, and I thank you for your valuable time in providing your feedback on your stay.

Truest Regards,

Hotel Front Office Manager

Been to Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!