“Over priced but was worth it.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   711 Lucky Lane, Coarsegold, CA 93614   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Coarsegold
Fresno, California
“Over priced but was worth it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed here with the wife for a night to ourselves. The room was clean except for the ceiling. View was half good, the other half was the ventilation machinery. Limited TV channels as they expect you to gamble. Pay per view movies were out dated and over priced. For being a "resort" I was surprised at the few number of towels provided. Room service was fast and o.k. Bed was very comfortable and had excessive pillows. Was not impressed by the casino floor but we are not much for gambling. Loved the itemized card on the counter with the prices of items if stolen from the room. Two bottles of water greet you at the door with a $5 a piece. You would think with the cost of the room and money thrown away on slots they wouldn't care about a few missing towels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GSCoordinator, Front Office Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hello Jhavey81,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. It is always our best intention to provide a great experience accompanied with a great room and great amenites. Although I am very happy to hear that your stay was comfortable, I also understand your concern regarding how our rooms and amenities are set up. Your feedback will allow us to look at our standards closely and determine if changes should be made.

I sincerely hope that we have an opportunity to be of service to you again. In the meantime thank you so much for your valuable stay as well as the time you have taken to submit this review.

Best Regards,

Hotel Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My Husband and I Booked a suite for a mini getaway and we had a Wonderful time. The suites are huge and Luxurious. There is a living room with a fireplace and an adjacent half bath. A Beautiful bedroom with a large comfortable king size bed. Another nice touch is the Jacuzzi Tub it was so relaxing. It had great views and I can't even begin to tell you how Beautiful the sunset we watched was the pictures do not do it justice. We ate at the Seafood & Steak buffet Steaks were phenomenal I was pleasantly surprised considering it was a buffet. All the staff were very friendly and accommodating. We had an absolutely Fabulous time. On another note I was reading through some of the other reviews and I noticed the mention of smelling alot of smoke. I am very picky about the way my environments smell and look and I didn't notice the smell of smoke. I also have to say IT'S A CASINO PEOPLE I kind of compare that to booking a Hotel next to a subway and saying I hear trains you kind of have to expect you may smell smoke in a facility that allows smoking.

Room Tip: Definitely book a suite it's great for Couples and Families (the couch in the living room is a S...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GSCoordinator, Front Office Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Hello Cire W,

On behalf of the entire staff here at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, I would like to take the time to thank you for your patronage in staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback regarding your stay. I am very glad to hear that your stay went great and that we were able to meet and hopefully exceed your expectations.

We sincerely hope that we can have an opportunity to be of service to you again very soon. Until then, thank you again for taking the time in providing your valuable feedback and for calling our establishment your home during your visit. We await your next reservation with us.

Warmest Regards,

San Jose, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Awful!! Waited for over a half hour to sit down to eat. The room did not have a view as promised! The slot machines are the worst I've ever played! My machine was stuck. I waited and waited for service but no one came. I finally called the hotel casino from my cell phone on the casino floor to ask if they could send someone over to assist! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hello Samuel M,

I would first and foremost like to thank you for staying with us, and I would like to apologize for your recent experience at our establishment. I know how frustrating it can be to wait to be seated and to wait for assistance when your machine is down. I also can understand how you feel to not get what you were promised in regards to the view from your room.

I sincerely hope that in time you give us another chance to provide the great service that we are known for in the Central Valley. I know that if you return to us, we will do all that we can to place our best foot forward and make your stay enjoyable.

Thank you again for your valuable stay and for your valuable feedback. I sincerely appreciate your time and I hope that we can be of service again.

Kindest Regards,
Hotel Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Coarsegold hotels

Urmond, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel was the big surprise for us during our South-West USA tour.
We did not expect this hotel after a (+/-) 30 minute drive to our visit to Yosemite.
Nice check-inn by friendly personell. The room was marvelously big and chic, same goes for the bathroom.
The hotel has a big casino. There was a little bit of smoke, but it didn't bother us (and i have asthma!)
There are multiple restaurants (we had a lovely diner at Goldfield's Cafe) a delicious bakery! We had breakfast at the bakery, lots of choices.

Hello Saskia-W,

Thank you for finding us on your travels and giving us an opportunity to be of service to you for your lodging and entertainment needs. I am very happy to hear that we made a great impression on you. It is always great to hear when our service and amenities hit the mark when it comes to our guests being satisfied during their stay, and I am truly grateful to you for taking the time in providing a review for us to learn and be encouraged from.

I sincerely hope that we can accommodate you again soon, for it is always our ambition and pleasure to be of service. We look forward to the next time that you will call us your home away from home; but until then, I thank you so much for staying with us during your recent visit to Yosemite, and I thank you for your valuable time in providing your feedback on your stay.

Truest Regards,

Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights to visit yosemite. It took about an hour to get to yosemite, however it was a very pretty drive so we did not mind. There is adequate parking and we did not once struggle to find a space close to the entrance. Once you enter the hotel the one thing that hits you is the smoke, which stays with you until you walk into your room. The room was large and clean and the bed very comfy. We did not find the air conditioning units outside an issue.
Unfortunatly we did not try any of the food places as they were all within the smoke filled area. Oakhurst is only a short drive away and provides everything you would need so we just went there instead.

Hello SJDK21,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for providing some feedback regarding your experience. I am happy to hear that your stay was comfortable; however, I understand the inconvenience of a smoking establishment. Our dining venues are wonderful, and non-smoking as well, so I am sorry to hear that the smoke in our casino area prevented you from trying them out.

I do hope that you will make your way back to our beautiful area and see us again. I am confident that despite the smoke in the casino that we can exceed your expectations with our food venues.

Thank you again for staying with us and for your valuable review.

Kindest Regards,

Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This property is a must for any traveler going to Yosemite via Hwy 41 out of Fresno. The hotel rooms are very luxurious, quiet, well appointed. Of course there is a casino for those who are inclined to play. The Buffet is very good too. Of the numerous "Native American" casino & resort properties this stands out as one of the best....

Room Tip: North tower rooms (C) are away from the casino area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Francis O,

Thank you for your awesome review. It gives us great encouragement to know that our establishment and service were satisfactory to your needs and expectations.

We definitely look forward to being of service to you again very soon. Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback.

Sincere Regards,

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Needed to stay for one night on the way to Yosemite. From looking at the hotel's website it seemed to me the hotel would be luxurious. The moment we walked in, it felt and smelled rather cheap. Furniture looks old, Wear and tear shows everywhere. Stained carpets.
Heavy smoke from casino is everywhere, including restaurants and elevators. Fortunately, our room was on a higher floor, so no smoke in our room.
Room was ok, but not spotlessly clean (hair in the bathroom, dust on the table). But overall the room was acceptable.
Large swimming pool and large fitness room. Fitness room has an amazing mountain view but you couldn't see much because the windows are dirty.
Check-in and check-out was fast. Overall, it was an ok stay, but I'm glad we stayed only for 1 night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GSCoordinator, Front Office Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hello SunyFlorida,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear that your expectations was not met due to the casino atmosphere and your guestroom. I can understand how you could have felt when you walked in our establishment and you don't discover what you were expecting from pictures and the internet. I assure you that we are taking the necessary steps to ensure a satisfactory stay for all of our guests.

I sincerely hope that we have not deterred you from staying with us again in the furture. We would love for you to return to us so we could provide a better experience for you and your family and friends.

Thanks again for staying with us.

Warm Regards,

Front Office Manager

Been to Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!