“Waste of time!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Coarsegold
San Jose, California, United States
“Waste of time!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Awful!! Waited for over a half hour to sit down to eat. The room did not have a view as promised! The slot machines are the worst I've ever played! My machine was stuck. I waited and waited for service but no one came. I finally called the hotel casino from my cell phone on the casino floor to ask if they could send someone over to assist! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GSCoordinator, Front Office Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hello Samuel M,

I would first and foremost like to thank you for staying with us, and I would like to apologize for your recent experience at our establishment. I know how frustrating it can be to wait to be seated and to wait for assistance when your machine is down. I also can understand how you feel to not get what you were promised in regards to the view from your room.

I sincerely hope that in time you give us another chance to provide the great service that we are known for in the Central Valley. I know that if you return to us, we will do all that we can to place our best foot forward and make your stay enjoyable.

Thank you again for your valuable stay and for your valuable feedback. I sincerely appreciate your time and I hope that we can be of service again.

Kindest Regards,
Hotel Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Urmond, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel was the big surprise for us during our South-West USA tour.
We did not expect this hotel after a (+/-) 30 minute drive to our visit to Yosemite.
Nice check-inn by friendly personell. The room was marvelously big and chic, same goes for the bathroom.
The hotel has a big casino. There was a little bit of smoke, but it didn't bother us (and i have asthma!)
There are multiple restaurants (we had a lovely diner at Goldfield's Cafe) a delicious bakery! We had breakfast at the bakery, lots of choices.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GSCoordinator, Front Office Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Hello Saskia-W,

Thank you for finding us on your travels and giving us an opportunity to be of service to you for your lodging and entertainment needs. I am very happy to hear that we made a great impression on you. It is always great to hear when our service and amenities hit the mark when it comes to our guests being satisfied during their stay, and I am truly grateful to you for taking the time in providing a review for us to learn and be encouraged from.

I sincerely hope that we can accommodate you again soon, for it is always our ambition and pleasure to be of service. We look forward to the next time that you will call us your home away from home; but until then, I thank you so much for staying with us during your recent visit to Yosemite, and I thank you for your valuable time in providing your feedback on your stay.

Truest Regards,

Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights to visit yosemite. It took about an hour to get to yosemite, however it was a very pretty drive so we did not mind. There is adequate parking and we did not once struggle to find a space close to the entrance. Once you enter the hotel the one thing that hits you is the smoke, which stays with you until you walk into your room. The room was large and clean and the bed very comfy. We did not find the air conditioning units outside an issue.
Unfortunatly we did not try any of the food places as they were all within the smoke filled area. Oakhurst is only a short drive away and provides everything you would need so we just went there instead.

Hello SJDK21,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for providing some feedback regarding your experience. I am happy to hear that your stay was comfortable; however, I understand the inconvenience of a smoking establishment. Our dining venues are wonderful, and non-smoking as well, so I am sorry to hear that the smoke in our casino area prevented you from trying them out.

I do hope that you will make your way back to our beautiful area and see us again. I am confident that despite the smoke in the casino that we can exceed your expectations with our food venues.

Thank you again for staying with us and for your valuable review.

Kindest Regards,

Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This property is a must for any traveler going to Yosemite via Hwy 41 out of Fresno. The hotel rooms are very luxurious, quiet, well appointed. Of course there is a casino for those who are inclined to play. The Buffet is very good too. Of the numerous "Native American" casino & resort properties this stands out as one of the best....

Room Tip: North tower rooms (C) are away from the casino area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Francis O,

Thank you for your awesome review. It gives us great encouragement to know that our establishment and service were satisfactory to your needs and expectations.

We definitely look forward to being of service to you again very soon. Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback.

Sincere Regards,

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Needed to stay for one night on the way to Yosemite. From looking at the hotel's website it seemed to me the hotel would be luxurious. The moment we walked in, it felt and smelled rather cheap. Furniture looks old, Wear and tear shows everywhere. Stained carpets.
Heavy smoke from casino is everywhere, including restaurants and elevators. Fortunately, our room was on a higher floor, so no smoke in our room.
Room was ok, but not spotlessly clean (hair in the bathroom, dust on the table). But overall the room was acceptable.
Large swimming pool and large fitness room. Fitness room has an amazing mountain view but you couldn't see much because the windows are dirty.
Check-in and check-out was fast. Overall, it was an ok stay, but I'm glad we stayed only for 1 night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GSCoordinator, Front Office Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hello SunyFlorida,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear that your expectations was not met due to the casino atmosphere and your guestroom. I can understand how you could have felt when you walked in our establishment and you don't discover what you were expecting from pictures and the internet. I assure you that we are taking the necessary steps to ensure a satisfactory stay for all of our guests.

I sincerely hope that we have not deterred you from staying with us again in the furture. We would love for you to return to us so we could provide a better experience for you and your family and friends.

Thanks again for staying with us.

Warm Regards,

Front Office Manager
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Me and my husband stayed at the chuckchansi in Aug 2012. We drove into Yosemite 3 days in a row. It is really not bad of a drive to the entrance of Yosemite nearest the Mariposa Grove. We knew we wanted to go to Yosemite but everything in Yosemite was booked and even if we changed our dates the prices were extremely high. The Chuckchansi Gold was a great compromise. Just outside of Yosemite, Luxury, and Affordability. We are not into gambling so I can't comment on that aspect, but we are eaters and we absolutely loved the Asian restaurant. I forget what the name of it was but the Orange Chicken and the sushi was sooo good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Kristen M,

I would liek to thank you for your review of our hotel and casino and thank you for your valuable stay with us. We sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to write this review. I am very happy to hear that your stay went well and that you enjoyed our Noodle Bar Restaurant. I agree; the orange chicken is superb.

We hope that you will find your way back to us soon, for we would certainly love to be of service to you again. In the meantime, take care and thanks again for staying with us.

Best Regards,

Front Office Manager
San Jose, Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Let me start by saying that this was my first experience at an Indian Casino so I have nothing else to compare it to, and I refuse to compare it to a Las Vegas Resort, because this is certainly not Vegas, there just is no comparison. There is nothing around it! We Traveled here in early July, for 2 nights with our two daughters and my in-laws. We got two rooms, close proximity, on the newer tower. As far as the rooms go, I really have no complaints. The rooms were clean and spacious and the furnishings were nice enough. The view from our room sadly was not the best, we were looking stright at the water tank. We went with the intentions to go to Yosemite for the day and my husband's parents to gamble. All in all, it was a nice stay, but I am not sure I would go back again.
Since I don't gamble I cannot say anything about that aspect but I overheard quite a few people mentioning that the slots weren't very generous... Overall it is not a good value, the rooms are not cheap and the food is expensive as well. So is the arcade. There are no freebies here. We found that it is quite far from Yosemite, about 1 hour from the entrance, but another 45 minutes to get down to Yosemite valley, so we ended up spending way too much time on the road. Next time, we do Yosemite, will stay somewhere closer.

PROS: Rooms are nice and spacious, the country around it is very nice. There are plenty of choices to eat, even thou the food is not amazing, it is still pretty decend, all the places we tried were fine. The Kids's Arcade is a nice touch, giving the young ones something to do. There is a nice spa, but I didn't have time to try it. The Free Valet Parking, do take advantage, or it's a long walk.

CONS: The Smoke!!! Even before you walk in, you can smell it. In the evening it's horrible, and all our clothes stunk, even what we didn't wear. The lack of things to do if you don't gamble..., you are pretty much stuck at the pool. That brings me to a whole new complaint.... The pool area is grossly neglected! There is Bird poop everywere! from the Outside windows to the floor and chairs. There are very few lounge chairs, no one in attendance and the bar is not open, even if all you want is a bottle of water you have to go up to a bar on the casino to get it! The indoor side of the pool is showing wear and tear as well, and the area you swim under is pretty disgusting. I cannot believe they have so much pride in the Lobby and Entrance, and neglected the pool area like that. It has so much potential, it is a shame!

Check-in/Check-out: The check in and check out process needs some help as well. The process is slow, they are not particularly helpful or nice, and they do this weird thing: at check in, they credit back to you your other paid nights and then they charge you for them again at Check Out. I really don't see the point in this practice. If something was pre-paid, months ago, why give it back to charge it in two days? Also, be aware that 30 minutes before your check out time your Room Key will no longer work.

So we were a little dissapointed overall, because with just a little more effort they could make it a much better place to stay and play.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the higher floor, so you can be as far away from the smoke as possible, and have a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GSCoordinator, Front Office Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Hello MOMof2SanJose_CA,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at our hotel and casino and appreciate your review and feedback of your recent stay with us. I am saddened to hear that we failed to make a satisfactory impression during your first stay, and I assure you that we will do what we can to improve for your next stay and for future guests.

Your feedback is very valuable, as I will provide to other departments to build on our improvement of our facility. I will also make sure that our staff is warm, welcoming, and accommodating in case you come and see us again.

In the meantime, thank you again for your valuable input and your stay. I sincerely hope that we could be of service to you again.

Best Regards,

Hotel Management

Been to Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!