“Full of smoke” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Coarsegold
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Full of smoke”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights to visit yosemite. It took about an hour to get to yosemite, however it was a very pretty drive so we did not mind. There is adequate parking and we did not once struggle to find a space close to the entrance. Once you enter the hotel the one thing that hits you is the smoke, which stays with you until you walk into your room. The room was large and clean and the bed very comfy. We did not find the air conditioning units outside an issue.
Unfortunatly we did not try any of the food places as they were all within the smoke filled area. Oakhurst is only a short drive away and provides everything you would need so we just went there instead.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GSCoordinator, Front Office Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hello SJDK21,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for providing some feedback regarding your experience. I am happy to hear that your stay was comfortable; however, I understand the inconvenience of a smoking establishment. Our dining venues are wonderful, and non-smoking as well, so I am sorry to hear that the smoke in our casino area prevented you from trying them out.

I do hope that you will make your way back to our beautiful area and see us again. I am confident that despite the smoke in the casino that we can exceed your expectations with our food venues.

Thank you again for staying with us and for your valuable review.

Kindest Regards,

Hotel Front Office Manager

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This property is a must for any traveler going to Yosemite via Hwy 41 out of Fresno. The hotel rooms are very luxurious, quiet, well appointed. Of course there is a casino for those who are inclined to play. The Buffet is very good too. Of the numerous "Native American" casino & resort properties this stands out as one of the best....

Room Tip: North tower rooms (C) are away from the casino area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Francis O,

Thank you for your awesome review. It gives us great encouragement to know that our establishment and service were satisfactory to your needs and expectations.

We definitely look forward to being of service to you again very soon. Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback.

Sincere Regards,

Hotel Front Office Manager
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Needed to stay for one night on the way to Yosemite. From looking at the hotel's website it seemed to me the hotel would be luxurious. The moment we walked in, it felt and smelled rather cheap. Furniture looks old, Wear and tear shows everywhere. Stained carpets.
Heavy smoke from casino is everywhere, including restaurants and elevators. Fortunately, our room was on a higher floor, so no smoke in our room.
Room was ok, but not spotlessly clean (hair in the bathroom, dust on the table). But overall the room was acceptable.
Large swimming pool and large fitness room. Fitness room has an amazing mountain view but you couldn't see much because the windows are dirty.
Check-in and check-out was fast. Overall, it was an ok stay, but I'm glad we stayed only for 1 night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GSCoordinator, Front Office Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hello SunyFlorida,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear that your expectations was not met due to the casino atmosphere and your guestroom. I can understand how you could have felt when you walked in our establishment and you don't discover what you were expecting from pictures and the internet. I assure you that we are taking the necessary steps to ensure a satisfactory stay for all of our guests.

I sincerely hope that we have not deterred you from staying with us again in the furture. We would love for you to return to us so we could provide a better experience for you and your family and friends.

Thanks again for staying with us.

Warm Regards,

Front Office Manager
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Me and my husband stayed at the chuckchansi in Aug 2012. We drove into Yosemite 3 days in a row. It is really not bad of a drive to the entrance of Yosemite nearest the Mariposa Grove. We knew we wanted to go to Yosemite but everything in Yosemite was booked and even if we changed our dates the prices were extremely high. The Chuckchansi Gold was a great compromise. Just outside of Yosemite, Luxury, and Affordability. We are not into gambling so I can't comment on that aspect, but we are eaters and we absolutely loved the Asian restaurant. I forget what the name of it was but the Orange Chicken and the sushi was sooo good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Kristen M,

I would liek to thank you for your review of our hotel and casino and thank you for your valuable stay with us. We sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to write this review. I am very happy to hear that your stay went well and that you enjoyed our Noodle Bar Restaurant. I agree; the orange chicken is superb.

We hope that you will find your way back to us soon, for we would certainly love to be of service to you again. In the meantime, take care and thanks again for staying with us.

Front Office Manager
San Jose, Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Let me start by saying that this was my first experience at an Indian Casino so I have nothing else to compare it to, and I refuse to compare it to a Las Vegas Resort, because this is certainly not Vegas, there just is no comparison. There is nothing around it! We Traveled here in early July, for 2 nights with our two daughters and my in-laws. We got two rooms, close proximity, on the newer tower. As far as the rooms go, I really have no complaints. The rooms were clean and spacious and the furnishings were nice enough. The view from our room sadly was not the best, we were looking stright at the water tank. We went with the intentions to go to Yosemite for the day and my husband's parents to gamble. All in all, it was a nice stay, but I am not sure I would go back again.
Since I don't gamble I cannot say anything about that aspect but I overheard quite a few people mentioning that the slots weren't very generous... Overall it is not a good value, the rooms are not cheap and the food is expensive as well. So is the arcade. There are no freebies here. We found that it is quite far from Yosemite, about 1 hour from the entrance, but another 45 minutes to get down to Yosemite valley, so we ended up spending way too much time on the road. Next time, we do Yosemite, will stay somewhere closer.

PROS: Rooms are nice and spacious, the country around it is very nice. There are plenty of choices to eat, even thou the food is not amazing, it is still pretty decend, all the places we tried were fine. The Kids's Arcade is a nice touch, giving the young ones something to do. There is a nice spa, but I didn't have time to try it. The Free Valet Parking, do take advantage, or it's a long walk.

CONS: The Smoke!!! Even before you walk in, you can smell it. In the evening it's horrible, and all our clothes stunk, even what we didn't wear. The lack of things to do if you don't gamble..., you are pretty much stuck at the pool. That brings me to a whole new complaint.... The pool area is grossly neglected! There is Bird poop everywere! from the Outside windows to the floor and chairs. There are very few lounge chairs, no one in attendance and the bar is not open, even if all you want is a bottle of water you have to go up to a bar on the casino to get it! The indoor side of the pool is showing wear and tear as well, and the area you swim under is pretty disgusting. I cannot believe they have so much pride in the Lobby and Entrance, and neglected the pool area like that. It has so much potential, it is a shame!

Check-in/Check-out: The check in and check out process needs some help as well. The process is slow, they are not particularly helpful or nice, and they do this weird thing: at check in, they credit back to you your other paid nights and then they charge you for them again at Check Out. I really don't see the point in this practice. If something was pre-paid, months ago, why give it back to charge it in two days? Also, be aware that 30 minutes before your check out time your Room Key will no longer work.

So we were a little dissapointed overall, because with just a little more effort they could make it a much better place to stay and play.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the higher floor, so you can be as far away from the smoke as possible, and have a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GSCoordinator, Front Office Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Hello MOMof2SanJose_CA,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at our hotel and casino and appreciate your review and feedback of your recent stay with us. I am saddened to hear that we failed to make a satisfactory impression during your first stay, and I assure you that we will do what we can to improve for your next stay and for future guests.

Your feedback is very valuable, as I will provide to other departments to build on our improvement of our facility. I will also make sure that our staff is warm, welcoming, and accommodating in case you come and see us again.

In the meantime, thank you again for your valuable input and your stay. I sincerely hope that we could be of service to you again.

South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have a mixed review of this property. As a general statement, I would say the hotel is spacious, clean, and a nice place to stay but not so nice that it justifies the high prices. Las Vegas hotels make their money from the gambling, but this one seems to make its money from the rooms and restaurants. I would not stay there again since I do not see the value, but at the last minute it was all I could find.

Here are some notable points.

The good:
1) Check in was fast with plenty of staff available.

2) The room was large and luxurious. It was FAR nicer than the room I stayed in at a Las Vegas Casino (can't remember the name of that one, but it was a non-famous one in the middle of the strip).

3) Cute Chukchansi stamped rubber ducky in the bathroom (tempted to steal it but I did not, asked if they sell them in the gift shop and was told no).

The bad:

1) The gal at the check in desk was not terribly familiar with the area. I asked for help from another check in person the next morning and found the same thing. Neither could answer my question, and neither one sought help from coworkers.

2) The casino area is smoke filled. I guess that is only bad if you are a non-smoker, but I am and the smoke was excessive. Since all of the hotel's restaurants are in the casino area, you just have to hold your breath and hope for the best.

The parts that are both mostly bad, but have some good to offset them:

1) Parking area gets VERY crowded. Lots of gamblers seem to come for the casino. You have to park far away with your luggage (really not terribly long but when you have luggage, 2 blocks seems far) BUT the shuttle bus comes quite frequently so that offsets the distance.

2) Plenty of dining options during regular hours, but not so much late at night when you finally make it back from Yosemite. Everything at the deli is pre-made and they ran out of things from the menu every day I was there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hello CasualTraveller2,

Thank you for your review regarding your previous stay at our hotel and casino. It is nice to know that our guests that stay with us give us clear insight of our hits and misses.

I am sorry to hear that the staff you encountered at the front desk were not able to assist you with directions of our area. That is definitely something that I will work on with them as we move forward. I appreciate your feedback regarding this as this can be a training incentive for them.

We do hope that you will reconsider seeing us in the future. I know that we can make a viable and satisfactory difference if given another oppportunity to be of service. In the meantime, thank you for staying with us and for your useful and valuable review. We hope to be of service to you and your family again.

Warmly,

EL MONTE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is one of the decent hotel to stay if you are visiting the Yosemite. It is about an hour drive from the Yosemite. Be careful to watch cops, they can hide at the road close to Casino waiting. They know you are from out of town and chances you come back for fighting a ticketing on court is slim. So go back to hotel before Sunset. Don't even think about spend any money in the town around this area, the darkness makes driving difficult and easy for cops to ticketing you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GSCoordinator, Front Office Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Hello sunshine201008,

Thank you for sending your review through Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the highway patrol in our area. I sincerely hope that they have not deterred you from stopping by and seeing us again.

We appreciate your valuable stay in hopes of seeing you again.

Thank you.

Hotel Management

Been to Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!