I have a mixed review of this property. As a general statement, I would say the hotel is spacious, clean, and a nice place to stay but not so nice that it justifies the high prices. Las Vegas hotels make their money from the gambling, but this one seems to make its money from the rooms and restaurants. I would not stay there again since I do not see the value, but at the last minute it was all I could find.
Here are some notable points.
1) Check in was fast with plenty of staff available.
2) The room was large and luxurious. It was FAR nicer than the room I stayed in at a Las Vegas Casino (can't remember the name of that one, but it was a non-famous one in the middle of the strip).
3) Cute Chukchansi stamped rubber ducky in the bathroom (tempted to steal it but I did not, asked if they sell them in the gift shop and was told no).
1) The gal at the check in desk was not terribly familiar with the area. I asked for help from another check in person the next morning and found the same thing. Neither could answer my question, and neither one sought help from coworkers.
2) The casino area is smoke filled. I guess that is only bad if you are a non-smoker, but I am and the smoke was excessive. Since all of the hotel's restaurants are in the casino area, you just have to hold your breath and hope for the best.
The parts that are both mostly bad, but have some good to offset them:
1) Parking area gets VERY crowded. Lots of gamblers seem to come for the casino. You have to park far away with your luggage (really not terribly long but when you have luggage, 2 blocks seems far) BUT the shuttle bus comes quite frequently so that offsets the distance.
2) Plenty of dining options during regular hours, but not so much late at night when you finally make it back from Yosemite. Everything at the deli is pre-made and they ran out of things from the menu every day I was there.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chukchansi Gold Hotel Coarsegold
- Chukchansi Gold Resort And Casino