“Add an elegant night to your Yosemite trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   711 Lucky Lane, Coarsegold, CA 93614   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Coarsegold
Upland, California
“Add an elegant night to your Yosemite trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Surprise! There is a brand new Casino Resort on the way to the Yosemite National Forest! We were able to have a Mountain Outdoors trip, and then include a "dress up nite" at the Casino! Just minutes outside the Yosemite gateway is this Huge Hotel and Casino! We did not expect this so we were not prepared to dine or stay, but we did enjoy the casino fun! There is a variety of slots and the atmosphere is really fun! We had a really good time! Will plan a return trip to stay at the resort! There is a special thru April for $89 one night stay and they return you $ on food credit and gaming play that brings the cost of the hotel room to about $40! That's a good deal!!
Great Romantic Getaway for anyone within 1-5 hrs of Fresno area!

Room Tip: There is a Sunday Brunch close by that was less than $20 per person that looked really inviting! Wil...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here one night on a cross US road trip. This was a stopover having viewed the splendour of Yosemite.
Reception and check in was acceptably fast and friendly. There was some confusion over the room booked (two singles were offered a King size required), they quickly sorted it out without issue.
The room was up to date and comfortable, plenty of room and all the usual items. Air conditioning was effective and very quiet.
We were there on a Tuesday and the Casino area was quiet with the restaurants facing directly on to the floor I could see it being pretty noisy at peak times.
For those of a gambling nature, as this is in California there is no roulette table, but a version of roulette with a lottery balls system instead. Whilst it serves the same purpose, somehow it really fails to create the same atmosphere.
Overall the entire place seemed to lack atmosphere, perhaps it was the time of week , but we soon lost interest and retired to bed.

Overall a good hotel, just lacking atmosphere as a casino.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Visalia, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The room was fairly expensive for the fresno area. The room was pretty with a comfy bed but they skimped on the towels, and the make-up mirror didn't work at all. our biggest complaint was the noise......apparently they don't monitor the number of people occupying the rooms, We had parties going on all night (until 4 a.m.) next door and across the hall with people coming in and out, visiting and laughing in the halls, pounding on doors and walls. WE finally had to call the desk to ask them to please come up and investigate the problem,,,,it did quiet down after that so we got about 3 hours sleep before housekeeping started their rounds and were carrying on conversations between each other from down the hall.....Came home exhausted, so much for our relaxing get away!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My daughter and I stayed overnight at Chukchansi on Sunday Feb. 10 for a little birthday treat as the next day was her birthday. The stay was made even sweeter because I got a coupon for one free overnight stay so the night was courtesy of the casino. This is my fourth or fifth time staying overnight at Chukchansi and other than the too firm beds that I almost need a step stool to get into because they are a tad too high, it's always an enjoyable stay. However, I am starting to be disappointed with the buffet choices. I drive up to this casino (sans overnight stay) maybe 3-4 times a year to gamble and usually eat at the buffet. I know I'm not in Vegas, and no one does a buffet like the Vegas casinos, but Chukchansi has had the same buffet faire since it opened switching up the food choices is loooong overdue. Also, it's sad to see Nativo's and Deuces closed which says alot about how well the casino is doing. I don't want to say Chukchansi is past it's heyday, but it does need to step up it's game BEFORE the new Station casino planned for north Madera right off of Highway 99 is built. Good Luck Chukchansi!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We live about an hour from the Resort and have gone up twice since we had our son. Getting away is difficult- and Chukchansi has everything we need under one roof: Great food, Dancing (club), drinks, pool, and spa.. Note...I did not say gambling! We are not big gamblers- maybe a $5 bill into the Monopoly game.... that's about it. We want to have a few drinks and dance, without driving!
The rooms are huge (stay in the new tower, no smoking). Bed is soooo comfortable, in fact the entire room is. The tower is quiet... the only issue- smoke travels and I can smell it in the halls and elevator; but not in the room! But...what do you expect- you can smoke in the casino just downstairs.
The spa is nice- good massages (pricey, but where isn't a spa pricey) and the bonus perk- chocolate covered strawberries in the lounge with coffee/tea/water. We did the couples massage- it was good....honestly I like my usual massage therapist here in town that I see monthly, next time maybe I will attempt a facial.
We have eaten at the expensive Steak House and the Sushi place. Both are excellent! The steak house is really expensive. The best martinis are in the bar at the Steak House! I did hear the italian place was good too. As for breakfast- my favorite part--- Gold Fields the basic breakfast place has the best pancakes.
Pros:
rooms worth the price.
large rooms
very comfortable bed
quiet rooms- all around comfort
great food and drinks
dancing- club with DJ
gambling- if you are into that
short drive from Fresno
Heated Pool and spa (indoor and outdoor pool)
Chocolate covered strawberries in spa
Cons
Smoke....if you are sensitive to smoke- suggest you plan accordingly
The guy you see at the slot machine as you go up to your room at the end of the night...will probably still be there at 7:30am when you come down for breakfast---at the same exact slot machine.
Spa isn't spectacular

Room Tip: New Tower! Smoke Free. All have a nice view. I suggest the higher the better...further from smok...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

During the Christmas we stayed at the hotel. All the amenities was nice. I could not receive wifi in our suite. But it was okay as my parents and I were gambling. The only downfall was the eat, there was only one place to dine late night? the times were so confusing for the buffet. Also upon checkout , Noted: i had already spoke to a front desk agent about the charges for movies in the room. She had advised us that we would have it waived. I mean why would we order the same movie twice. The prompts are confusing, it does not say One-Time View only... why would you put 24 hours (rental)? The manager upon check out was not accommodating to our needs as she was rude. The last impression counts and this does not leave a good impression. The director, Volkan was very nice and understanding to our problem and he fixed the unneccesary charges.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I am not a casino person and I did not come here to gamble, so take my review with a grain of salt. We didn't stay at the resort, just visited for dinner in late December 2012; we are from out of town, wanted to meet friends for a meal in the area and this is what they suggested.

The first thing you notice when you walk in the door is the overwhelming stench of cigarette smoke. I guess for some people, being able to smoke indoors is a positive, but not for me or anyone I was with. I'm very sensitive to smoke and it can really ruin a meal (more on that later); I wish I had known ahead of time that they allowed smoking indoors -- I would have found another option for dinner. But if you're staying there, you're pretty much out of luck since all the restaurants that I could see were right off the casino on the main floor.

But we were there, so there we stayed. We wanted to eat at the noodle bar so went to the hostess to ask about a table. We were told it would be an hour and a half wait -- somewhat inexplicable since it looked like about a third of the place was empty and we were a party of 4, not 10. We put our name down and waited for our friends to arrive, thinking we'd decide what to do about the wait when they got there. No one wanted to wait that long so we walked down to the diner restaurant. No wait there but absolutely no meatless entrees (it's fries or onion rings for you if you don't eat meat.) Most diners have breakfast food, a grilled cheese sandwich -- something -- but not this place. So -- with hunger increasing and options decreasing -- we moved on to Goldfields. They sat us after about 10 minutes of waiting (again, inexplicable why we had to wait for a table since the area we sat in was half empty).

Service was nothing more than adequate, though seemed like everything took longer than it should. Are they understaffed? The food was mediocre, at best: Not particularly hot, vegetables cooked to mush and very dry fish -- all this for no bargain price. Waitress had a difficult time recalling to my husband what the beer options were. Even if the food was decent, who can enjoy a meal when all you smell is cigarettes? The place just stinks.

Needless to say, we won't ever be back. Next time, I'd rather order a pizza and invite our friends to eat at our hotel room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Coarsegold hotels

Been to Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!