“Beautiful Location/Property ... Poor managment” 3 of 5 stars

Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   711 Lucky Lane, Coarsegold, CA 93614   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Coarsegold
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Beautiful Location/Property ... Poor managment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

During the Christmas we stayed at the hotel. All the amenities was nice. I could not receive wifi in our suite. But it was okay as my parents and I were gambling. The only downfall was the eat, there was only one place to dine late night? the times were so confusing for the buffet. Also upon checkout , Noted: i had already spoke to a front desk agent about the charges for movies in the room. She had advised us that we would have it waived. I mean why would we order the same movie twice. The prompts are confusing, it does not say One-Time View only... why would you put 24 hours (rental)? The manager upon check out was not accommodating to our needs as she was rude. The last impression counts and this does not leave a good impression. The director, Volkan was very nice and understanding to our problem and he fixed the unneccesary charges.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I am not a casino person and I did not come here to gamble, so take my review with a grain of salt. We didn't stay at the resort, just visited for dinner in late December 2012; we are from out of town, wanted to meet friends for a meal in the area and this is what they suggested.

The first thing you notice when you walk in the door is the overwhelming stench of cigarette smoke. I guess for some people, being able to smoke indoors is a positive, but not for me or anyone I was with. I'm very sensitive to smoke and it can really ruin a meal (more on that later); I wish I had known ahead of time that they allowed smoking indoors -- I would have found another option for dinner. But if you're staying there, you're pretty much out of luck since all the restaurants that I could see were right off the casino on the main floor.

But we were there, so there we stayed. We wanted to eat at the noodle bar so went to the hostess to ask about a table. We were told it would be an hour and a half wait -- somewhat inexplicable since it looked like about a third of the place was empty and we were a party of 4, not 10. We put our name down and waited for our friends to arrive, thinking we'd decide what to do about the wait when they got there. No one wanted to wait that long so we walked down to the diner restaurant. No wait there but absolutely no meatless entrees (it's fries or onion rings for you if you don't eat meat.) Most diners have breakfast food, a grilled cheese sandwich -- something -- but not this place. So -- with hunger increasing and options decreasing -- we moved on to Goldfields. They sat us after about 10 minutes of waiting (again, inexplicable why we had to wait for a table since the area we sat in was half empty).

Service was nothing more than adequate, though seemed like everything took longer than it should. Are they understaffed? The food was mediocre, at best: Not particularly hot, vegetables cooked to mush and very dry fish -- all this for no bargain price. Waitress had a difficult time recalling to my husband what the beer options were. Even if the food was decent, who can enjoy a meal when all you smell is cigarettes? The place just stinks.

Needless to say, we won't ever be back. Next time, I'd rather order a pizza and invite our friends to eat at our hotel room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Coarsegold hotels

Windsor, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Was here for a meeting only stayed a night but as always room was clean.. service can be a little more friendly at front desk but overall a very good stay. love the view and the bed so comfy my room was in the newer part of the hotel and I had a nice view of the mountains. I didnt go to the casino I wasn't feeling up to it but always enjoy my stay at Chuckchansi whether for business or pleasure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

we have been recommended by fellow campers to go to the buffet and maybe risk a few dollars at the casino. We have rarely been as disappointed with a place.
Even it wasn't really very busy, there was cigarette smoke all over the place. The large casino hall is just a noisy, blinking, smoke-laden place that makes you nervous. The buffet is right adjacent to the 'non smoking area'. Unfortunately the smoke can't read and lingers past the signs.
Who wants to eat in an environment like this? We wouldn't stay if the food was free!
To me the casino was disappointing aswell. No roulette table, very few black jack and poker tables, gazillions of slot machines. Not an atmosphere to relax and enjoy a game.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Capitola, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was our second visit to the casino buffet, last visit was about 4 years ago. We were reasonably satisfied with that visit so we thought we'd give it another visit. Well, either our memories have faded or the quality has declined. Not terrible but not worth a visit if your not already staying here.
We were here for Sunday brunch and the made to order omelets were really good as was the breakfast meats. I was interested in the Chilequiles, as I had them here on the last trip, this time they weren't very good and I left most of them untouched. The lasagne looked good but was super bland. Since it was brunch I wasn't in the mood to try much else, so I'll leave that for someone else to review.
Service, how about non existent. We were eventually asked what we wanted to drink, got our drinks and that was that. When the table was piled high with plates he finally returned and said maybe it was time to remove some plates. Come to find out it was a champagne brunch, but we were never offered anything of the sort.
Well we won't be visiting this buffet again. Like I said not bad, but not worth the effort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GSCoordinator, Guest Relations Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to explain how dissatisfied you were during your recent visit to Chukchansi Gold Casino Resort. The comfort of our guests is our number one priority and we continually strive to provide them with the highest level of care. By bringing matters such as these to our attention we can redouble our efforts to offer superior service. We have addressed your concerns with Buffet Management team and we are confident that they will be taking necessary actions to ensure this does not happen in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We go here often and have seen it going downhill. The service is bad and flat out rude most of the time. We really would like to see them try harder. There is anothere Casino that is being built close by and I fear they will lose most of the regulars because of the poor service, dirty hotel, and you have to do something about leaving the dirty towels in the hallway. Really who manages this place. You should be fired!

Room Tip: Rooms looking to the East are better because no air condition noise
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GSCoordinator, Guest Relations Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to explain how dissatisfied you were during your recent visit to Chukchansi Gold Casino Resort. The comfort of our guests is our number one priority and we continually strive to provide them with the highest level of care. By bringing matters such as these to our attention we can redouble our efforts to offer world class service. We have addressed your concerns with the Housekeeping department and we are confident that they will be taken the necessary actions to ensure this does not happen in the future.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This not really a luxury place. An offhand (almost rude) reception was offset a little by a great breakfast in the morning --- but the little things ( Long black hairs in the shower, noisy air conditioners outside the window despite height on 5th floor,vacuuming the hallway outside the room at 9.45 pm!) made this not a bargain at $165 per night.

The spa - I rang the day before arrival to check availability of sauna and steam - I was told yes, if I purchased a spa service. Great!! ... but on arrival found the steam room was broken (no explanation , just broken). So not spa/steam/sauna.

Won't mention the poor selection of TV channels....

Oh well - may be better next time. No, wait!... there won't be a next time. For this money there are lots better.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room near the air conditioner/vent buildings :Horrible all night booming despite...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to respond our online survey regarding your visit to Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino. We take great pride in our product, services, and people and appreciate when guests take time to share their thoughts with us. I regret the mechanical difficulties we experienced at our steam room during your visit. While we have attempted to immediately resolve the issue unfortunately we had to wait for the parts to arrive and we obviously fell short with your party. We sincerely apologize.

Been to Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!