“Lots of fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Coarsegold
Athens, Georgia
“Lots of fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We were going to Yosemite and I was happy to find a new casino this close. Some of the other places i looked at in the area seemed old...
We had a great time the two nights we stayed here. The room was large and nice. There is an indoor and outdoor pool and hot tub. There is a bar by the pool and several little cabanas you can sit in. Live music too on weekends in one bar.
We went to the casino both nights and had a great time playing slots. We ate at the all u can eat buffet in the casino and the food was tasty. Runs around $20/person.
It's a good place for families too- you don't have to walk through the casino if you have children with you. There are some games located outside of the casino (in large hallway by another lobby) if you want to play out there so kids can run around and play.
We had a good time here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We visit the casino, and diner inside the casino. For the first time I must say we were disappointed. The diner service was very slow and it wasn't busy at all. When our meals finally arrived they gave me someone else meal. My spouse had the correct one. We were never asked if we wanted refills. I found my meal to be very chewy. My spouse didn't like his it was a burger that later made him sick..it kept coming up. We also saw another couple as we sat in the booth, they were at a table next to us..they were left sitting for forty -five minutes..finally my spouse asked them if they had their order taken.. This couple happen to be a woman and man of color. I prefer not to say more. It upset us how long they had to wait.

Gambling was fair nothing like it use to be. My spouse won and lost small amounts. One thing that did bother me had nothing to do with the casino per say but should be regulated a bit more. I walked up to a machine of interest..suddenly this patron left her handbag in the seat that she was sitting in shot over two seats to the stool I was about to sit in..she play three times to win eight hundred. I felt that patrons who use three machines at once which I would learn this woman was doing is not what I consider good standards. She play as many as four at one time while I play one. She'd leave her purse sitting on a seat..then jump from one to the next leaving money in the others.. That kind of gambling should not be allowed.

Overall the gambling was poor for both of us. The fun was definitely not part of it...you lost more then you ever gain. We changed machines many times so it wasn't just one..probably playing at least a dozen different machines..only one paid anything back of any substance like seventy dollars to one hundred..but of course you put more into it.

The casino was clean compared to others we visit. We never get free stays with them any longer. We both use to get a night free as we travel to visit family there it takes three hours. It kept us from depending upon family for lodging and food. Would we go back..not for a long, long time I'm afraid. The fun seems to run its course there. We never use our cards this last trip so maybe that was the difference.. My spouse tried to reach his friend who has worked there for years..he was told they could not say he was there or not..yet five minutes later we heard his voice on the loudspeaker. They grew up together so he wanted to see him. This kind of thing wasn't exactly friendly.

Room Tip: I am not rating the hotel but rather the diner and casino. The hotel use to be great..rooms really n...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
familylovestotravel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We found this hotel to be a good choice after a long day in Yosmite. Modern hotel with nice big rooms. The rates are excellent considering what we paid for other hotels during our trip to California.
Yes there is a casino but you don't have to go in it if you don't want to. The restaurant prices are pretty good but the food was just okay. Breakfast was better than the dinner we had. One restaurant is open 24 hrs which was good for us, since we got in late from Yosmite. Wifi was a little slow but could still check email, surf a little if needed.
I would stay here again if I was in the area. Staff was very nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Hotel room was big and fairly clean. Connected to wifi, but it didn't allow me to surf the net or do anything. Hotel room gets 3of5 stars. The slots in the casino were extremely tight. Casino gets 2of5 stars. Ate at the buffet for about 8 bucks. Not a lot of variety but food was presented well and it tasted good. Buffet gets 3of5 stars. Not a lot of hotels to choose out there, so I'd probably stay there again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: If wifi is needed, specify at check-in. If you like to play slots, drive 30 minutes to Table Mountai...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Great place to stay and not too far away for Visiting Yosemite.
Lovely big rooms, Very clean, comfy beds. Casino is very nice with plenty of dining options. We will be back :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Everyone knows we like casinos so when we told my husbands cousin we would be in the area and would call them when we found a room they suggested this hotel. We were impressed. Our room was very large, clean and the beds most comfortable. It is a ways up from highway 99 in Fresno but would more than likely stay there again if in the area. We enjoyed the large casino . Also met family at the buffet and the food was very nice with so many choices of very tasty food.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Mission Viejo, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stay here one night every year after we leave Yosemite. The hotel rooms are really nice, pool area is beautiful and casino is a lot of fun. Good restaurants too - both the food and selection.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!