“worst place ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Coalinga

You added Travelodge Coalinga to your Saves list
Travelodge Coalinga
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   25278 West Dorris Ave, I-5 & Hwy 198 exit, Coalinga, CA 93210   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Coalinga
texas
“worst place ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

this place is the nastiest place ive ever been too..if i was you i wouldnt stop here...the ac/heater never works no matter what time of the year. they always say that it'll be fixed but it never does everrrrrr!!!!..also the wireless is never working.some lame story about it not working right now but truth is is that its never working.its a shame and a disgrace that Travelodge is even linked to this nasty place. It's 109 outside, but it's 112 in the rooms...stay away, for your sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
southbay
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

Well, I've stayed at the lodge before that day I checked with my friends. Whenever she is in Coalinga, she LIKES to stay at the Travelodge motel. Since the reservations were booked ahead of time I abliged her request, and slept there. The front desk service is okay, I've had or seen better. I just couldn't believe they put 2 women way in the back of an abandoned looking motel where truckers frequent. Where it is dark! We entered the room it seemed cozy at first but, it was only one bed available. I guess they thought we were a couple. The bathroom area was clean, the bedding was fine but, when I've stayed there I don't pull back the covers. I just sleep on top a sheet. I don't like that thick throw blanket to touch my face or body. She and I lay cross way on the bed, ontop of the throw blanket. The sofa chair cushion was falling of the chair and had stuffing coming out. One of the lamps and outlets didn't work. There is never a t.v. guide to let you know which channel you are watching. The next morning, we needed clean extra towels. My friend the front office. The cleaning staff was on call yet so she had to walk all the way to the office to get towels for us. That was the worse. The manure smell is ovious because of the part of California your traveled to. Yeah it stinks! Now when I visit Coalinga, I stay at Motel 6. Much cleaner rooms and quicker service. I'm not 5 stars but, no way close like Travelodge.

• Liked — All eateries were close by. You didn't have to use your car, you could walk.
  • Disliked — The air unit was not working properly.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Coalinga hotels

Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2007

Coalinga Travelodge is the last of our choices when drove down the Interstate 5. Not exactly an Interstate in California that is known for pittoresque towns and nice hotels. At Coalinga I was too tired to
drive any further. Harris Ranch was full, so was Best Western and Motel 6, so Travelodge was our last option. They had vacancy (big surprise there!) and it just was a strange, dirty hotel that is worth
forgetting.

If California Highway Patrol ever wonders why people fall asleep on Interstate 5, they can take it from me, it is a better alternative than stopping at this dump for the night. My thursdaynight misery was appropriately ended with a fat greasy dirty breakfast meal at Jack in the Box. I think I speeded on my way to LA just to forget this place as quickly as possible

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2007

My husband and I stayed here on our way up the 5 freeway on a road trip. The smell at 7 pm when we got there was nauseating, as it is right near the huge Harris Ranch. The next morning, though, I guess the wind had shifted because the smell wasn't as bad. The best thing I can say about the room we stayed in was that the bathroom looked like it had recently been remodeled, that is, until we opened the shower door and saw the stains and hair left behind from the previous guests. There are no bathtubs at this hotel I don't think- important if you have small kids or travelers who can't/won't take showers. The room was very small and mismatched. I didn't want to walk on the carpet- and didn't- without my shoes on, and kept all of my stuff off the floor in case any field critters were under the bed. Not exactly the cleanest place, but it worked for the whole 9 hours we were there. Would I stay here again? No.

• Liked — The granite sink
  • Disliked — Everything in the room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Carshalton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2007

Travelling from Vegas to San Fran, we stopped here late at night and wish we hadn't. Reception lady was friendly enough and immediately after we checked in, 2 other cars pulled up, also families of 4, I heard them get charge $75, when we only paid $67. Smell of manure was so strong, it makes you sick, room was filthy, dark and so not worth the money paid. The bedding was gross and there was no way I was letting my kids use the pool, never mind the shower. Only positive thing was the laundry room was open all night so whilst my wife and kids locked themselves in the room, quite a few shady looking guests about, I did a load of laundry. Avoid this place at all costs!

• Disliked — Smell from cattle farm down highway.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2007

Where to begin with so much to choose from for a negative review! We landed in this tired motel after driving for hours and needing to stop, but apparently many others were in the same boat, since all the other motels in tawdry freeway-side Coalinga were full. The first charmer is the approach to the motel: in an asphalt wasteland whose only distinguishing features are a set of fast-food restaurants, some gas stations and the other downtrodden motels lies the Travelodge, the roughest gem of the lot.

Upon entering the reception, where about 10 other would-be guests queued up, we were surrounded by construction, filth and the charm of the check-in room of a penitentiary. Going up to the room only made things seem worse, as the sheer cheapness of every facet of the motel stood out. This was like the worst of those bad roadside motels you see in movies, where wanted murderers stay after committing their latest crime to hide from the cops.

Inside the room, the quality drops even lower: the sheets are worn through with holes in many places. The towels are stiff and yellow after what seems like years of bleaching. There is an information card on how "not to be the victim of a crime" inside of your room (the card hints to the fact that you might me mugged by someone who comes to the door claiming to be a hotel worker). The shower was vile, and only partially clean. This really is the worst place I have ever stayed in the United States, and the foreign friend who was with me said, I quote, "I didn't think places like this existed in the United States!"

I slept with my clothes on, but at least got some shut-eye to be able to continue my journey the next morning!!

• Liked — the TV set
  • Disliked — the filth and tawdriness
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2007

We stayed here on our way to So. California. The price was right and it was right off the freeway. We arrived to find a motel that looked abandoned. The woman at the desk was the ONLY good thing about this place. The rooms were tiny and smelled of old socks. The area around the hotel was depressing and stunk of manure. The smell was so powerful in the early evening you could not go outside. Spend more money and stay at the Harris Ranch across the freeway.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the smell inside and out
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Travelodge Coalinga? Share your experiences!