“If you just want a comfortable bed at a low price, and can ignore all the other details - this is your place.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Coalinga

You added Travelodge Coalinga to your Saves list
Travelodge Coalinga
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   25278 West Dorris Ave, I-5 & Hwy 198 exit, Coalinga, CA 93210   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Coalinga
Mount Shasta, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Obviously another picture hung above our bed, but it looked like it had been ripped off. Two other pictures were put up without repairing and cleaning up the wall. A spider happily made its home on the ceiling. A dirty 6-prong outlet plug was installed at head height and dirty tv and light plugs were inserted. The shower needed a proper caulking and there was a hole in the bathroom linoleum. The 2 full-sized (we were told they were queen) beds were smushed into a room made for a single bed. Really? We were thrilled to have very comfy beds w only a 7 hour stay at $61. Had we tried to do anything other than sleep (i.e. Relax), we wouldn't have stayed there.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Palmdale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Or you just might pick one up. My company booked this for us. Yes, the choices here in Coalinga is limited, but come on. We were kind of shocked at how disgusting it was from the beginning. The front desk clerk was less than friendly. When we got our rooms, I went in to see mold on the shower, stains on toilet seat and towels. There was a bubble in the paint above the toilet thus the toilet above was leaking. There was many many shall we say bodily fluids that had dried as they dripped down the wall. I spent about 15 minutes in the room and called my guys and told them let's go. We went to the front desk. The girl said they were renovating. I asked for one of those rooms she said they were $110 per night. I almost fell on the floor. We checked out and went down the street to Harris Ranch.

Room Tip: I am not sure if there are any.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Coalinga hotels

San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed at the request of a couple friends in the area. Never again! While the room looked clean when we arrived, it soon became clear that was camouflage. The bathroom had a good growth of mold going around the baseboards. The curtain was zip tied onto a temporary rod. The mattress thin, lump and hard. The one blanket you get is thin as a sheet. The towels were worse. The place was infested with cockroaches! A couple came out of the AC when it was turned on. I hardly slept given the bed being so bad and the cockroaches running around on the furniture. Yuck!

Breakfast in the lobby was tiny, stale pastries and watery coffee. When we came back after being out a day the door lock had been reset. Our friends room next door as well. The place would get a negative 2 rating if I could.

Room Tip: Want help finding a good room? Choose another motel besides this one!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Klamath Falls, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were traveling with our dog, Dodger, and chose this property because it was pet friendly. It did not hurt that it was within short walking distance of a Mexican restaurant, fast food and a convenience store.

The front desk clerk Nancy was polite and patient, helpful with my questions.

The parking lot wraps around the property, so taking an oversized vehicle would be OK. There were big trucks parked on the street in front of the hotel. This is an easy access location to I-5.

The room was nice enough, comfy bed, desk to work on, plenty of counterspace. The pool area was clean and inviting, a group of tall palm trees and nice bushes surround it.

The corner shower had the door replaced with a shower curtain held up with zip ties. Really, zip ties. The shower head points right at the shower curtain, making situating yourself in the tiny shower with a low shower head challenging.

The room had roaches, not the big carry you off in the middle of the night type, but I saw a few on a late night trip to the bathroom. I left the bathroom light on the rest of the night.

The breakfast buffet was a small variety of cheap packaged pastries, a bowl of apples and coffee.

Taking Dodger for his potty walks revealed quite an array of garbage in the bushes around the property.

And there is really nothing the hotel can do, but the nearby cattle farm smell is gross.

With an exterminator, attention to maintenance, and a little effort on the buffet, this could easily be a great property.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Salinas, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I''''m staying on this motel for years like 20yrs Motel is better each year! I want to said that this is my first bad experience I stay each year on this nice motel but , I whent to the office and the clerk CECILIA Was really RUDE ! I want to pay 7 more nights and she not let-me she said NO! I ask why? she keep saying NO! She said I have to take out my stuff and move from this room # 133 . She not let-me make a reservation, not stay she said I have to call on monday ! To see if motel not sold out!!! I told her is why I want to pay more nights so I can keep my room she keep her bad atitude and rude said no!! i told u that u have to check ou!t and back on monday! I really disapoint for this clerk how TRAVELODGE can have this RUDE CLERK as a costumer service , I call on sunday afternoon and Nancy nice clerk she make a reservation and I arrive on sunday She let-me pay for 7 nights I'm now in my room 133 and i'm staying for more that a month! I'm staying on this place after this bad experience because this plaice have more clerks really NICE!! And because this is my Motel , My friends was trade like that too but they not speak Inglish so they stay on Motel 6 ! I talk to front desk suppervisor Esmeralda this lady is super NICE She apology and she said will talk to General Manager . I really want that this matter be resolve Because she continue, RUDE,BAD ACTITUDE,MAKING BAD FACE TO GUEST!.. ,NOT HELP IN ALL!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for room down close to office!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Travelodge Coalinga? Share your experiences!