“Very nice surprise in Clovis, CA” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 215 Restaurants in Clovis
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Clovis, California
“Very nice surprise in Clovis, CA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We have enjoyed their brunch after Church on Sunday early afternoon. Nice menu excellent service. Also their dinners on Friday, during the Farmer's Market time, are very good with excellent service and surprisingly good grilled food on the dinner menu. The ladies also love their interesting clothing and household goods store.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Clovis, California
“We learned never to presume....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We had a late Mother's Day lunch because we wanted to avoid the earlier crowd. We were given the one page special Mother's Day menu. I ordered the Cottage Tea sandwiches which were a delight...pricey but delicious.... so pretty and dainty that it took me a while to start eating them.

My husband had a chicken entree. Right after he told the server his choice, her next question was, "What dressing would you like for your salad?" So, he presumed that the salad was included even if it was listed as a separate charge probably because it was Mother's Day. That was our mistake.

When we got our bill, it seemed higher. We thought maybe we did not read the prices right the first time. So we paid and left. After walking around the block, I decided to go back and look at the posted menu. By this time, the restaurant was closing. I noticed that my dainty sandwich plate was charged 0.50 more than was listed and his chicken entree was about 7.00 more; probably for the salad. Tax was separate.

Will we come back? Probably not...

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dunlap, California
“For any occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The Old Hotel Bistro is now our favorite place. If you are visiting the area it is a must visit restaurant. The atmosphere is one that is very rare now days. My husband and I really enjoyed our meal They feature many home made items at very reasonable prices!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fresno, California
“Make sure you make a reservation!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We did not have a reservation, and the only thing they had available was patio seating, out in front. However, I'm glad we got to sit outside, it was a beautiful day. The pilaf was amazing, I wish i could order a big plate of just that. The prime rib was over cooked, but still okay. The homemade Mac-N-Cheese was not my favorite but my husband loved it. The service was decent. The waitress did say a lot of the food was homemade, and it tasted like it.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fresno, California
“Love meal, lovely restaurant and gift shop.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I ordered the open-faced seafood melt and cream of asparagus soup. The sandwiches were piping hot and nicely prepared. The soup was thick and full of asparagus. I had the luscious lemon pie for dessert. YUM! The service was attentive and gracious. The whole restaurant paused to sing me happy birthday. I stopped in the gift shop afterwards. They have a wide variety of nicely priced items. Something for every taste, except tacky. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a nicely prepared meal in a warm and delightful setting. All the staff were pleasant, helpful, and friendly.

• Visited January 2014