“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #7 of 8 hotels in Clovis
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nites this past week. The staff was helpful and very friendly. I arrived early and was cheerfully given an early check in even though I didn't expect it. The room was clean and quiet. My room was located near the elevator on the second floor. I slept very well while there. No noise problems. It's an older property and could probably use some updating but overall, it's nice. If you want lush fluffy towels, high thread count sheets and a sleep-number bed, this isn't the place for you. If you want a clean, comfortable and decent place to stay, this is it. My room had a refrigerator and microwave as well as a coffee maker. You can also get fresh coffee pretty much all day in the lobby breakfast area. This hotel is also centrally located in old town Clovis. There are lots of antique shops, coffee shops, other little shops and places to eat in very easy walking distance. There's also a nice farmer's market on Friday evenings until October with live music, fresh fruits and vegetables booths and other food booths (tamales, bbq and other yummy type food). It was a pleasant stay. I recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We arrived late at night yet were welcomed by very friendly and very helpful guy.

the room was clean, large and comfortable. the shower was perfect as well.

Breakfast area was nice, clean and everything we needed was there. We arrived a little late and yet nobody rushed us.

All in all its great value for money and great place all together. highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Horrible hotel. When I arrived at 9:30pm, the front desk clerk had his feet up and was snoring. He was rude as he checked me in. The next morning, at 7 am, we were awaken by gardening and a week wacker. When we arrived back later that day, we discovered that we heard the gardening because our 1st floor window was open leaving our room unsecure. Our room was also never cleaned. Upon checking out, I informed the hotel mgr about the issues and she did nothing to correct them or make us feel better about the situation.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed in the Madison suite. Very very nice. I was not expecting such a superior suite from best western but pleasantly surprised. I wanted a balcony and it was perfect,plenty of room. Beds were very comfortable. Had my 2 yr old grandson with us so the comp breakfast was great! No noise from hallways only thing is that there is nightlife in area surrounding so some late night noise ,but did not bother us going to bed. My husbands family lives in the area and will definitley stay again in this suite. Very clean and exceptionally nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Vacaville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

My friends and I enjoyed this hotel. It appeared to be well taken care of and clean. Most of the staff we dealt with were incredibly nice and accommodating. In order to give a fair review, I will mention that when we checked out, an older woman behind the desk was incredibly rude. She said we didn't deserve the low price that we paid for the hotel. Also the non-smoking floor we were on had a smoke smell however, I couldn't smell it in our room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Corvallis, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stayed here last week for one night. The hotel was extremely busy with guests but the service was still excellent. The location is nice as it backs up to the walking path in downtown Clovis, the pool was nice and the complimentary breakfast bar was actually stocked with some healthy choices. We stayed in the Monroe Suite (even though we are non-smokers) and the room was clean. All in all a good choice for places to stay in Clovis.

Room Tip: Monroe Suite
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I want to start off by saying this is the place to stay if you want to be walking distance from anything in Old Town Clovis. I stayed 2 night and my car didn't move till we left. Old Town Clovis has everything: restaurants, stores of all kinds, library for the kids and beautiful walking trails.
The hotel in itself I didn't enjoy. The front dest was nice, but the room was dirty and smelly. It smelled like a wet dog was in it. The bathroom grout looked like it had never been clean. It just was an older room. The shower buzzed loudly the whole time taking a shower, although if you like HOT water, the shower was very hot. The bed was comfortable enough, it has a TV, fridge, and microwave. One thing I hated as a girl, was they don't provide conditioner! I didn't bring any thinking they'd have it....YUCK! The breakfast was ok, we actually didn't eat it because there was nothing we'd eat there.

But if location is what you are going for, this is the place! If you just need a bed to sleep in and a hot shower to relax..this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Clovis Cole? Share your experiences!