“Promise you'll leave full and satisfied. Don't forget to try the hot and spicy sauce!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Japanese Kitchen Steak & Seafd

Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

My girlfriends and I go there quite often for lunch and it still hasn't gotten old. It is a bit cramp when they're a lot of people but the fried rice with the hot and spicy sauce makes up for it. It's so delicious and I recommend everyone to try it at least once. Itll keep you coming back for more.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fresno, California
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

Me and my boyfriend went for our two year and it was the most fun we had at a resturaunt. We were seated imediantly at the table where they cook infont of you. Our chef was funny the food was good and the bill was cheaper then we expected we came out spending less then 50 dollars for a steak meal a teriyaki chicken meal two drinks and an appitizer. Our waitress was very nice and apologized for the long wait on our appitizer because the resturant was packed. My boyfriend had so much fun that he tipped the cook 20 dollars when we left. I cant wait to go back all my friends enjoy the place as well and were the ones who recommended it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fresno, California
“First time for "Teppan Yaki", not impressed :(”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

My wife & I visited this restaurant yesterday, and have to say, it is older, feels like the 70's inside, the chef we had was nice, but nothing special, and I'm not so sure he was Japanese?

Now I have to admit, I have never been to this kind of restaurant, and we didn't visit the sushi bar, but rather went in to a large table where they seat multiple groups of guests. We had 3 groups at our table, my wife and I being one group. I was not ready for this arrangement, I didn't expect it, but it turned out to be ok and even fun, as we conversed with the other two groups.

But, we noticed that the other two groups left almost on cue when a server came around offering to go containers. It hit me, they knew that this table would be needed asap by a whole new batch of customers to be seated almost all at once.

They obviously didn't want to be last at the table, and left with food to go. My wife & I were last, and as I looked around, I picked up quickly on "how" this type of dining goes. I didn't care for the feeling of being last or holding up a whole table, so we to got to go boxes and left. I never got my 2nd helping of white rice that the chef we had supposedly ordered for me.

Another aspect that kind of took me by surprise is that the chef at our table cooks, collects tips, then leaves. I understand now, but again, wasn't ready for that, didn't know how all of this worked.OK, for the food, well, it was ok, it certainly didn't bowl me over, but was good none the less. Portions were a little skimpy in my opinion, but so goes life :)

I personally do not plan to go back, but only because there are a lot of restaurants in the area for us to try, and maybe we can find a normal restaurant, with better portions, and that will feel more "comfortable"?If I had to rate this restaurant on a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 6. Despite my mediocre view on the place, I would mention it to someone looking for a "different" style of Japanese Restaurant (Teppan Yaki), it's ok.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
California
“Not going back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

horrible, horrible, horrible, The wait was over an hour long with a reservation. The food not at all good, meat salty, not cooked to order. The service was horrible, there six of us two from the area, two from Bakersfield, and two from the Bay area, the two from the Bay area had already had dinner and they went along to be kind. There is a $10.00 minimum per person... if you want to share a huge dinner, the other person had to get an appetizer or something else. Unheard of!! The waitress was NOT at all patient and said, "are you gonna order, or not." I guess this restaurant isn't going through tough economic times and does not care to keep it's customers coming back. Not at all cheap... $20.00 per plate, not including drinks... $3.00 for Soda, with NO refills. Beers of which we had 3 each at $4.00 a pop thats $72.00 and they still wanted us to have a minimum of $10.00?! The atmosphere was sad... the "chef" was not japanese but a mexican, and not very creative nor interactive. When asked for hot sauce, the waitress' response was we have many... "which one" in a very bad condesending tone.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fresno
“Great place to have sushi!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2008

Japanese Kitchen have been the best place to have sushi in town. I have been there for quite a while since I moved into town. I noticed that recently the sushi chefs over there are trying some new sushi rolls, and I like it.
The atmosphere there is nice too, for single and for couple. Occasionally I would sit in dining area to have sushi with friends, and enjoy the service there. They have quite some good servers too that give good service.
I sure recommend other people to go there and have some food!