“Authentic Japanese (casual dining)” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 232 Restaurants in Clovis
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
“Authentic Japanese (casual dining)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I have experienced their service of Careful personality & Deliciously prepared foods, with a Delightful ambiance, at "I Love Sushi" especially on my birthdays :) thanks to my children!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Ivy E

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Fun hole-in-the-wall place with great sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Very good sushi, nice salads, eclectic decor, fun place to eat. The buttons to call your server are a unique touch too.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Rams1994
“Declining quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I have been an I Love Sushi patron since it opened. They used to provide generous and unique rolls with good quality sushi and sashimi. Service was never blazing fast, but that was to be expected with the quality you recieved at the other end.

My last few visits (over the last few months) have witnessed a decline in service, portion size and quality. On my last visit I noticed a dramatic difference. If you view their web site, you will see pictures of rolls and other items. The reality is nothing like the pictures taken a number of years ago. I did not see a roll exit the kitchen that had more than 6 small slices. I recieved an unagi (eel) roll that in the past had pieces of unagi draped over it. Now (if there is unagi in it) it has been run through the food procesor and blended with tuna and placed hidden in the middle.

I also ordered maguro sashimi. It was the smallest pair of sliced fish I have ever seen in any sushi restuarant. I mean 20 plus years of eating sushi and I never saw a smaller piece of fish delivered to my table. I advised the waitress of this and she took the item back. The manager returned with my ORIGINAL slice and proceeded to tell me how I was wrong, how they have always looked like this and how they are weighing their portions so no one gets more or less.

I tipped our waitress well and advised her that this place is off my list. I thanked her and will never return. there are several sushi restuarants in the area I will gladly spend my money in. This place is evidently declining, or has had a change in ownership or management that is going to make this place fail. If you're smart, find another place.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
1 Thank Rayder1
“Love their Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the seaweed salad as well as the Dirty Harry roll. Very fresh and tasty.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank goodchi
“What are the staff doing?!?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I'm sorry, I've really tried to give this place a chance but the service is always so bad that I can't live with myself if I rate it any higher.

The sushi is OK, moderately priced for a sliver of what you'd receive elsewhere, and the atmosphere isn't too bad either, but unless you have all day (or evening) to sit and wait around for your food, the service here might scare you away- I know that's what happened with me.

On multiple occasions I've waited well over an hour (one time an hour and a half) to get my order. There were just two of us and we didn't order anything extravogant. The facility seems to be properly staffed, but I have no idea what everyone is doing because they weren't waiting on us, making our food, or checking on us to at least give us a glimmer of hope that our food would soon arrive.

I'm sorry I love sushi. I know you appear to be popular, and I might have a different experience if I visited you in the evening, but you don't value my time or hunger enough to give me an acceptable dining experience- so I'm breaking up with you. Afterall, Sushi and Pop is right down the street....

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
2 Thank BuddhaInHeels

Been to I Love Sushi? Share your experiences!