“Clean and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
vandenberg village, ca
“Clean and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Nice location in the heart of Clovis. Recently remodeled and clean. All the staff was helpful and friendly. Room was Ok but still has the old window heating/cooling system. Breakfast was hot and fresh.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Felicity G, General Manager at Comfort Suites Clovis, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
billkathy88,

Thank you for your review, and noticing our new beautiful renovation, and great staff! Please, come see us again next time you are in Clovis.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pleasanton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband, myself and our 2 girls (both under 5) and we stayed comfortably in a king suite. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious as well! My husband, who has a hollow leg, was more than satisfied.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
MrsGarvick,

Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay! I do hope to see you again next time you are in the Clovis area!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This hotel is very nice. The carpets are brand new and they no longer have the old fashioned comforters. My room faced the road but I couldn't hear any traffic noise. The front desk staff was nice during check in and were extremely helpful. The breakfast was plentiful and fresh.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Booked this room for a business associate. He stays at many hotels throughout the USA. This was my first time using this hotel for my guest. He was very pleased and requested that the next time he comes, he would enjoy staying at this hotel. About a half mile walk from Old Town Clovis and is an easy enjoyable and safe walk to antique shops and specialty retail. NICE restaurants, some are 5 star rated, like Trelio's. Great mexican and Italian food places to eat. Just a great place to stay for a few days!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ComfortSuitesClovis, General Manager at Comfort Suites Clovis, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
I would like to start off by expressing my gratitude for the great feedback that you have provided for the Comfort Suites in Clovis. I am very pleased to hear that your business associate enjoyed his stay at our property, and looks forward to staying with us again. Thank you once again for the feedback and we look forward to providing your colleague a great stay again in the future.

Amandeep Mangat
Guest Relations Manager
143 Clovis Ave
Clovis, CA 93612
P: (559) 299-9992
F: (559) 299-9994
Edina, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

This was a great location near the Sierra National Park. We stopped there after a day of hiking and driving. The staff was very helpful. Our room was comfortable with 2 queen beds and a small couch would I assume would open up for a twin bed. We laughed because while we are reasonably techy, we didn't begin to have enough electronics to need the 14 outlets in the bedroom as well as the 4 additional ones in the bathroom. Our guess is that this is because it is near a college campus.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed only one night here and wish we could have stayed longer. The hotel room was spacious, clean and newly remodeled. The breakfast was very tasty and had a lot of variety. We had plenty of pillows and more than enough towels. The staff members were friendly and helpful. The staff had quarters on hand for the laundry (always a must). Coffee tea and ice cold water is available all day and night. Loved this hotel!!!

Stayed November 2013
Sparks, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I recently had to make a stop in the central valley of CA. This is one of the areas in CA that has taken a hard hit economically, so it's not as "scenic" as it used to be. But, don't let that dissuade you from stopping in the Fresno / Clovis area, the people are still nice and appreciate your tourism dollars. Anyway, I digress. While there I had made the choice to stay in the Clovis area as that location suited my needs.
I tend to stay with the Choice hotel family because they offer a good price & a clean room, this visit was right on target, in fact it was above average a solid 10.
When I arrived the desk clerk was busy managing the phones, but still managed to greet me while she did what needed to be done with the phone guests.
She got me checked in quickly & explained all the various whats & wheres.
I found my room to exceptionally spacious and clean, whoever operates this location obviously cares, as I didn't find any loose ends, you know, things like wallpaper starting to peel, drapes with holes, scratched furniture. Things that tell you a property is starting to decline.
Breakfast was the usual Choice hotel selections, cereal, you cook 'em waffles (my favorite) breakfast meat (sausage in this case) and scrambled eggs as well the usual bagels, yogurt and such. The dining are was clean and well kept. I was pleased to see an employee sneak a small snack- hopefully this doesn't get anyone in trouble, but for me I took it as a good sign-if anyone is willing to eat their own cooking, it has to be good-right?
The parking lot was well lit, and free of trash and other things that tend to collect in hotel parking areas, all in all a nice well maintained property.
My only complaint, and this crosses all hotel lines is the trend to not have a freezer section in the refrigerator. Not having the freezer section makes it hard to refreeze my freezer blocks for my ice chest...so how about it management? Bring back the little freezer section.

Room Tip: My room was next to the elevator & while that might cause some concern, I never heard it once, s...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
ComfortSuitesClovis, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Clovis, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and for the positive comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and that you were satisfied with the presentation of the room. We will definitely take into the consideration the request for refrigerators to have larger freezer sections. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Amandeep Mangat
Guest Relations Manager
143 Clovis Ave
Clovis, CA 93612
P: (559) 299-9992
F: (559) 299-9994

Been to Comfort Suites Clovis? Share your experiences!