“Nice place, good value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
Sparks, Nevada
“Nice place, good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I recently had to make a stop in the central valley of CA. This is one of the areas in CA that has taken a hard hit economically, so it's not as "scenic" as it used to be. But, don't let that dissuade you from stopping in the Fresno / Clovis area, the people are still nice and appreciate your tourism dollars. Anyway, I digress. While there I had made the choice to stay in the Clovis area as that location suited my needs.
I tend to stay with the Choice hotel family because they offer a good price & a clean room, this visit was right on target, in fact it was above average a solid 10.
When I arrived the desk clerk was busy managing the phones, but still managed to greet me while she did what needed to be done with the phone guests.
She got me checked in quickly & explained all the various whats & wheres.
I found my room to exceptionally spacious and clean, whoever operates this location obviously cares, as I didn't find any loose ends, you know, things like wallpaper starting to peel, drapes with holes, scratched furniture. Things that tell you a property is starting to decline.
Breakfast was the usual Choice hotel selections, cereal, you cook 'em waffles (my favorite) breakfast meat (sausage in this case) and scrambled eggs as well the usual bagels, yogurt and such. The dining are was clean and well kept. I was pleased to see an employee sneak a small snack- hopefully this doesn't get anyone in trouble, but for me I took it as a good sign-if anyone is willing to eat their own cooking, it has to be good-right?
The parking lot was well lit, and free of trash and other things that tend to collect in hotel parking areas, all in all a nice well maintained property.
My only complaint, and this crosses all hotel lines is the trend to not have a freezer section in the refrigerator. Not having the freezer section makes it hard to refreeze my freezer blocks for my ice chest...so how about it management? Bring back the little freezer section.

Room Tip: My room was next to the elevator & while that might cause some concern, I never heard it once, s...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
ComfortSuitesClovis, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Clovis, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and for the positive comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and that you were satisfied with the presentation of the room. We will definitely take into the consideration the request for refrigerators to have larger freezer sections. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

F: (559) 299-9994

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Petaluma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed at the Clovis Comfort Suites when going for a short visit. The room decor was typical of hotels today. I was disappointed with the bed which my husband and I both thought was too hard. The bathroom was very clean but when I started to pour water into the coffee pot, I noticed a heavy layer of dust on top. Other amenities I was expecting were decent shampoo and a garbage container in the bathroom. The staff were great and the breakfast was ok. The location is great for events in Clovis.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us; we truly appreciate the feedback and have taken action to correct these issues. We have replaced the coffee pot in the room. We are also pleased to hear that you were satisfied by the services of our staff and enjoyed the location.

Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Recently stayed for 2-nights during this return business trip to Fresno/ Clovis. Spacious rooms, clean and above-average overall for the Comfort Inn/ Suites chain. This hotel was close to my client location, nearby restaurants, running trails and FAT airport. Very warm, friendly and helpful front-desk staff. Felt welcome and 'at home' during this stay and will be back again in future...

Room Tip: Top floor, away from elevators always a good choice
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you were impressed by our front desk staff. It is our number one goal to make our guests feel at home during their stay with us and are excited to hear that we were successful in doing this for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Redlands, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

To be honest, I was NOT a happy camper when I arrived at CSC as I had just been "bumped" at another hotel ("unexpected overstays") and was sent here against my will. I had booked at another hotel because it was quite close (closer) to the Fresno Airport, it offered shuttle service to the airport AND accepted pets. CSC offered none of these requisites and I still ended up on their doorstep! To make a long story short, because of the can do, positive, courteous, helpful attitude of the front desk (the young lady from Australia), the "problems were overcome. I'm sure they had to bend the rules for us, but they (she) succeeded in turning a REALLY negative situation for us into something VERY positive. I am quick to add that the other staff members we had contact with were equally positive (especially the breakfast room gal) and so I would HIGHLY recommend CSC on the staff alone and would add that there are several NEAT restaurants nearby in Old Town Clovis (within walking distance). I would stay there again, in a heart beat and maybe they'll change their no pet policy. Our pup, Chango, enjoyed his stay and was VERY well behaved! THANKS again for making our stay a VERY positive experience!

Room Tip: I didn't see that any rooms would be better than others.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor with such positive
feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in
thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the
services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased
to have turned the negative situation into something positive and are glad
that you were able to easily access local amenities. We are looking forward
to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time
you are in town.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I arrived at midnight at the hotel after a long drive through the Sierra after coming off the John Muir Trail early on July 18 due to sickness. The manager did everything possible to make my settling in quick and comfortable, his service was exceptional. The room was over-sized, spotless, and quiet with a great bed. Breakfast was included and far better than most chain hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
ComfortSuitesClovis, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Clovis, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and for the positive comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and the services of our manager. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
Saint Helena
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Found a nice deal on Hotwire for $60 per night for overnight when moving my daughter into the dorms at Fresno State.

I found the hotel pleasant and clean, checkin was smooth and my room was quite comfortable.

By the time I checked into the hotel, I was so exhausted that elephants dancing on the ceiling would not have kept me awake, but whomever WAS jumping up and down on the floor above me and running around in the hall until 12:30 at night made a valiant attempt. To be fair, I was so tired I did not complain until the next morning, so not a deal-breaker by any stretch.

I would recomment this hotel for families and business travel.

Room Tip: Top floor!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor. We know you have many hotels to choose from when visiting Clovis and are delighted that you chose us to be your home away from home. However, we do apologize for the noise disturbance and do take this issue seriously. I have spoke with management and we have come up with different ways to minimize the noise level, however incase of any similar circumstances please do inform our front desk staff as we take noise complaints seriously and would address the concern immediately. The comfort of our guests is of the utmost importance. We look forward to seeing you again for your next visit to your daughter.
Norther Central PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

There were six in our party...3 adults and 3 children. We couldn't have asked for more. We had a large room with 2 Q beds but because there were 6 of us, there was also a chair that pulled out into a single bed and the staff wheeled a cot into the room for us. They had everything set up when we arrived and asked if there was anything else they could do for us. They were extremely friendly and helpful. (Thank you so much) Everything was very, very clean, the beds were comfortable and the internet was fast. The bathroom was also very large. Breakfast consisted of waffles, bagels, English muffins, cereal, pastries, muffins, oatmeal, toast, scrambled and hard boiled eggs, biscuits and sausage gravy, oranges, apples, yogurt, juice, coffee, tea and cocoa. They even had sugar free syrup, which was great for my husband who is a diabetic. The price of the room, with a senior discount, was fantastic too. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Clovis? Share your experiences!