I recently had to make a stop in the central valley of CA. This is one of the areas in CA that has taken a hard hit economically, so it's not as "scenic" as it used to be. But, don't let that dissuade you from stopping in the Fresno / Clovis area, the people are still nice and appreciate your tourism dollars. Anyway, I digress. While there I had made the choice to stay in the Clovis area as that location suited my needs.
I tend to stay with the Choice hotel family because they offer a good price & a clean room, this visit was right on target, in fact it was above average a solid 10.
When I arrived the desk clerk was busy managing the phones, but still managed to greet me while she did what needed to be done with the phone guests.
She got me checked in quickly & explained all the various whats & wheres.
I found my room to exceptionally spacious and clean, whoever operates this location obviously cares, as I didn't find any loose ends, you know, things like wallpaper starting to peel, drapes with holes, scratched furniture. Things that tell you a property is starting to decline.
Breakfast was the usual Choice hotel selections, cereal, you cook 'em waffles (my favorite) breakfast meat (sausage in this case) and scrambled eggs as well the usual bagels, yogurt and such. The dining are was clean and well kept. I was pleased to see an employee sneak a small snack- hopefully this doesn't get anyone in trouble, but for me I took it as a good sign-if anyone is willing to eat their own cooking, it has to be good-right?
The parking lot was well lit, and free of trash and other things that tend to collect in hotel parking areas, all in all a nice well maintained property.
My only complaint, and this crosses all hotel lines is the trend to not have a freezer section in the refrigerator. Not having the freezer section makes it hard to refreeze my freezer blocks for my ice chest...so how about it management? Bring back the little freezer section.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Clovis Hotel
- Comfort Suites Clovis Hotel Clovis
- Clovis Comfort Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the fully renovated Comfort Suites Clovis. Conveniently located just four miles from the Fresno Yosemite International Airport & Fresno State University. Within walking distance to Old Town Clovis, shopping & food. Guests are invited to enjoy free hot breakfast, free Internet & 120 TV channels, 60 HD with HBO & ESPN packages. Guests will also enjoy the exercise room, outdoor pool & running trail directly behind hotel.All spacious guestrooms include refrigerators and microwaves. Experience the new plush bedding package and pick the perfect pillow with a choice of soft & firm. Relax & recharge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Choice Hotels and Agoda so you can book your Comfort Suites Clovis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.