“Nice Room and Good Service” 4 of 5 stars

Comfort Suites Clovis
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   143 Clovis Ave, Clovis, CA 93612   |
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Clovis
Salida, California
“Nice Room and Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Our party had 3 rooms for a local convention. Rooms were very nice, clean and beds are very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and professional. They are in the process of remodeling with some beautiful decor choices. Would stay here again without any hesitation.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Mass.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have stayed at this location in the past, it was just ok, this time it was the worst experience. The sausages at breakfast were cold along with the eggs, the breakfast girl did not know how to use the air pots for the coffee, she had the wrong stems in the wrong pots therefore the pots would not pump, I know this as I also run a hotel, seriously someone needs to train this girl, she had no idea how to use/put together these pots, there was no decaf coffee, she obviously doesn't know there is a difference between decaf and regular as she made regular not decaf, the front desk person has tattos all over, very unprofessional at front desk. The rooms are ok, they really need remodeling and housekeeping is lacking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lodi, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I often stay (three times so far)at this Comfort Suites in Clovis, Ca. as my son lives here in Clovis.
The front office staff has always been good. The breakfast meal is on par with all the other Comfort Inn & Suites I have stayed at. Nice location near downtown Clovis. The room on this last stay needed some maintenance and I was surprised. There was a major tear in the carpet and the wall paper was pealing away in a major way from the wall. Also a pet peeve of mine, I admit because I love to have my coffee in my room when I wake up, housekeeping had not replaced the used regular coffee so I had no coffee in the morning. I am always amazed at how things do not get done when the employee does the same thing many times every day!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I had booked this hotel for a weekend but did not end up staying here because the hotel moved us, so this review is based solely on the experience I had while switching hotels.

I was one of the other members of the group staying in Clovis for a family reunion over a weekend in September. The review below is my uncle. My husband was ill and I was traveling with my parents, aunt, uncle and cousins instead. Upon arrival, the front desk told our group that they were one room short and one of our families had a room reserved at their sister hotel across the street. The front desk staff was friendly about it, and was nice enough to let our entire group move to the Fairfield Inn across the street (giving us 3 rooms there instead of just 1). It was simply annoying and inconvenient to have to move our whole party and our luggage over there. We had two tired and hungry children who's dinner got delayed another hour or so because of this mess. I gave 3 stars because the Fairfield Inn and Suites (By Marriott ended up being a much nicer hotel than the Comfort Suites anyway and they gave us the same rate). Will stay at Marriott next time and not Comfort Suites.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Visited Clovis for a family reunion. Several of us booked the Comfort Suites. Although the staff we encountered we're all pleasant and helpful, a series of mishaps occurred which could have been avoided. Since we were coming from the furthest away we arrived on Friday evening and checked in. The other 4 groups arrived Saturday and planned to check in after the event. With all of us in the lobby the desk clerk informed us that the hotel was overbooked with a wedding and there were no rooms available, even though all four groups had reservations and confirmation numbers. Now to their credit they had arraigned for rooms at a nearby sister hotel but since we had already checked in the day before we stayed while everyone else left. And then when we got up to our room we found it hadn't been cleaned.

Should we find ourselves in Clovis again, we'll be staying elsewhere.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lewisville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Hotel was being renovated at time of our stay. Messy downstairs/breakfast area, no business center available. Upon arrival back home found out hotel overcharged us by 2 nights and despite our proof of departure (boarding passes) and copy of their own bill refuses to refund the 2 nights charge. Will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Wouldn't advise travelers to stay there.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for four nights because we were attending our yearly National Christian Convention which was held at Clovis this year. Hotel room was super, nice, clean, good, hot breakfast and best of all, we got a discount because of our convention. The front desk were courteous and polite, they even printed maps of places we wanted to visit! The hotel is remodeling , but was not a bother at all. All the families that went with us enjoyed their stayed at this hotel. I highly recommend this hotel, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Clovis? Share your experiences!